- You ride or take the chairlift in Thredbo up to the starts - this time does not count.
- You race down on a pre determined track - this time does count.
- No shortcutting the track even if it is not bunted.
- You are issued a timing chip and need to clock yourself in and out of each race run.
- Riders are responsible themselves to clock in their race time with the Timing Commissaires at the timing computer after EACH race run.
- Timing chips must be returned to the Timing Commissaires after the last race run at the finish area. Riders who fail to return their timing chip will be disqualified from results and cannot claim series points.
- Race numbers must be displayed on the handlebars of the bicycle. The number plate must be readable, so it must be fastened as flat as possible. Altering, cutting or placing of unauthorized sponsors' logos on numbers will result in a penalty. You can keep your number plate as a memento of your race.
- Riders must register before they will be allowed to practice.
- All riders must wear a bike helmet that has been authorised by Australian Standards (or approved international standard) at all times when riding and racing. You will be required to wear fully enclosed foot wear and gloves are recommended.
- If you are given an official Leader Jersey after a round it is mandatory to wear it on your racerun at the next round.
- A rider is allowed to restart his race run ONCE during the event in case he has a flat tyre. Re-runs because of other mechanical failures are subject to approval but the race director of chief commissaire. Things like crashing, overtaking, being overtaken, missing a turn do not warrant a re-run. All re-runs must be approved prior to starting again by the race director or chief commissaire. Riders who stop to help another injured rider will get a re-run.
- Series points will be awarded based on the point score below.
- You must compete in at least 2 races in order to qualify for a series podium.
- You are allowed to change bikes in between your runs.
- You must be present or represented at the ceremony at the end of the race to claim your trophy. If you can't hang around we are happy to email you a copy of the certificate. You have to be present or represented at the last race of the series to claim your series trophy - again we can email you a copy if you can't make it.
|Series Point Score
60 and below
Points are not transferable between the categories.
By signing up to a Rocky Trail Entertainment event you agree to the following:
Race Waiver and Liability Release
- In consideration of Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd accepting my participation in any individual event organised by Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd, which may involve a significant risk of physical harm, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk.
- I accept that Mountain Biking is a hazardous experience or activity with varying surface and environmental conditions. It is different from road bicycling in that it is done on partially improved and unimproved trails and roads, as well as on naturally rugged terrain.
- I am aware that mountain biking is a recreational activity which may involve, in addition to usual and inherent risks, personal injury, obvious risk, danger to myself, the possibility of injury and harm and physical exertion for which I may not be prepared, remoteness to normal medical service, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change and evacuation difficulties if I am disabled.
- I accept all of the inherent and obvious risks and that mountain biking is a dangerous recreational activity and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of mountain biking is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by the activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement being a reason for my participation.
- I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the nature of the course and am aware of the risks to person and property inherent in this activity and certify that I am medically fit and able to take part in the event.
- I hereby agree to abide by any rules, directions and instructions of any race officials and their assistants.
- I undertake to wear an Australian Standards approved helmet at all times when racing and practising the course.
- I undertake to practice the course before commencing the race, and if this is not possible, race with due regard to the knowledge that I have not examined the course.
- I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors or administrators, waive all and any fights of claims which I may otherwise have against Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd, and release their officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, land holders, and sponsors from any and all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, damages or proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury, death, property damage or loss of description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course or the events or consequent upon my entry or participation in them.
- I hereby indemnify and hold harmless Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd, their officers, agents, contractors, and sponsors from and against all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions, and proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any injury, loss or damage sustained by me or any injury, loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of any act, omission, neglect or default on my part in connection with my participation in the event.
- I agree that if I suffer injury Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd can, at my cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation services as Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd deems essential for my safety. I hereby agree that I am responsible for my own medical and ambulance insurance and for medical and ambulance costs in the advent of an accident.
- I confirm that I am aware that a professional first aid medic will be on-site during the event and should I choose to complete a training ride anytime before the race start I do that on my own risk.
- I agree to allow my photograph, video, multimedia, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the organisers, sponsors, or others.
- I have read the liability release above and agree with all its provisions.
- If the rider is under the age of 18 years, consent of a parent or guardian is required.