The original AMB100 Marathon race has changed for the 2020 edition and we will not be running a separate Terra in the Berra stage racing event. There will be new rules and regulations to make sure we all adhere to social distancing and gathering laws currently in place.
All Rocky Trail events are operated under a strict Covid-19 safety plan until further notice. The main task for all race participants is to strictly observe social distancing throughout the whole event. We kindly ask that you stay at least 1 bike length apart from each other.
AMB100 Async Marathon Racing Format
The 2020 edition of the AMB100 Marathon will be run under the Rocky Trail Async RacingTM format. This brand was developed specifically to adapt to the Covid-19 environment for our events. The competition will be stretched across 2 days to spread the rider numbers.
asynchronousYou still race together in the one event, but not at the same time!
adjective, not existing or occurring at the same time.
Rocky Trail Async RacingTM in our organisation is the term that describes and the new brand for a set of specific elements that form a particular event’s asynchronous racing format. In it’s essence it means that our athletes will still compete in the one event, but not at the same time. Therefore the model has three core elements, but will adopted across the event portfolio and adopted and amended as required. The rules and regulations will be communicated directly via the Rider Briefing ahead of each event and our website and social media channels.
The four core elements of Rocky Trail Async Racing(TM) in the context of this event are:
Eliminate event gathering
We will run a format of racing that complies with all the sometimes very loosely defined Covid-19 rules and regulations, which vary greatly from state to state as well.
Result: no event centre, no spectators and revised operations
Run a sustainable event model
We stripped the original marathon event concept down to the bare essentials. We put even more safety measures in place to eliminate touch points based on venue-specific specifications.
Result: 2-day event, start time slots
Mat-start racing for self-support
We have a lap in a figure 8 configuration of two loops: Sparrow and Kowen. You can have a break in between laps. Once you have completed either loop your time stops and restarts again when you start the next loop..
Result: facilitate self-supported racing
Keep our racing spirit strong
We will keep the #rockytrailracer spirit alive, still have the riders feel connected, excited and motivated. We will deliver the same challenge, toughness and the fun of it all.
Result: an top race setting in the ACT and LIVE timing
How to get organised & Schedule:
We urge you to follow Social Distancing Guidelines throughout the day and for your visit to Canberra. – The Floriade event is going ahead in a “reimagined format”; please check out the Visit Canberra website and we will prepare some information for the Rider Briefing also.
If you are from outside ACT, please familiarise yourself with the Covid-19 rules and that you are a legally allowed to enter the ACT Here is the link: https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/
- CHALLENGES – pick you race distance:
- AMB100 Single lap | 1 lap – Sparrow + Kowen loops | 42km
- AMB100 Double lap | 2 laps – Kowen + Sparrow loops ridden twice | 84km
- AMB100 Triple lap | 3 laps – Kowen + Sparrow loops ridden three times | 126km
- ARRIVAL – NO EVENT CENTRE – SOCIAL DISTANCING!
- There is no event centre at the Sparrow/Kowen designated Car Park and all Race Information will be communicated online via the website and the Virtual Rider Briefing in the week before the race.
- Riders need to get race-ready in the car park (just as they would for a ride) and head to the our “Timing, Operations and Medical Hub” to pick up the number plate with timing chip.
- Spectators or Media are not allowed at the START area to eliminate gatherings.
- We have photographers out on track; all race photos are included in your entry. You will receive a download link after the race.
- STARTS – when you sign up you must pick (1) your race day and (2) your start time slot. The start time you have chosen when registering is THE EARLIEST you are allowed to come to the start. You can arrive ANY TIME AFTER your chosen start time.
- Triple: 8am (pre-assigned)
- Double: 9am OR 10am OR 11am
- Single: 12pm or 1pm
- RACING – the basic RULES are:
- You can have a break in between laps. Once you have completed either the Sparrow or Kowen loop your time stops and restarts again when you start the next loop.
- You can start each loop between your chosen start time and 3pm.
- If you abandon the loop you can restart it.
- You can choose the order in which you do the loops. E.g. if you are doing the AMB100 Double you can ride: Sparrow, Sparrow, Kowen, Kowen OR Kowen, Sparrow, Kowen, Sparrow OR any other combination as long as you complete both loops twice.
- Spectators or supporters are not allowed at the START. You need to self-support. Because your time stops between loops you have plenty of time to eat, drink and refresh.
- We will not have space for a pit area. In order to keep all competitors socially distanced we ask you to pit from your car in the carpark.
- FINISH: When you finish your race all huffing and puffing, please do that at least 2 metres away from any fellow rider. All your results will be online and the podium ceremony will be virtually.
- THE ‘ENTERTAINMENT’ BIT: With these temporary adjustments, what will NOT change is how much we all love racing and how much fun it will be to race your bikes out on those rocky trails. We’ll have music, we’ll have a laugh and we’ll all have a helluva day out together.
Get into the racing mood and listen to Rocky Trail Radio. Mista DJ Nige has been uploading some smashing choonz over the last few weeks – you must check out those IsoSessionz!!
Click here to tune in!
Spectators and supporters
Spectators or supporters are not allowed at the START. You need to self-support. Because your time stops between loops you have plenty of time to eat, drink and refresh.
We will not have space for a pit area. In order to keep all competitors socially distanced we ask you to pit from your car in the car park.
Rider briefing, registration and podium ceremony
Rider briefing will be done exclusively online and it is up to the rider to either read through it or watch the video.
- RACE WAIVER: We have added a few paragraphs in our waiver outlining the dangers of Covid-19 and the fact that you resume all responsibility in regards to possibly getting sick when at the event. Please have a read through it. By entering and attending the event you agree to this Rocky Trail waiver.
- PICK UP YOUR PLATE : With this format we don’t expect any queues at the Timing-Operations-Medical Hub, but in case there are others lining up, please keep a distance of at least 1 bike length between each other.
- PRESENTATIONS: The podium presentation will also be done virtually after the race. The top 3 podium getters will receive a memento in the mail as a reward. This is why we ask you to enter your mail address details when you sign up.
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
We have been implementing and operating under a strict Covid-19 Safety Plan. In the following, please read and acknowledge the event-specific rules, procedures and regulations:
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you have been to, in the past 2 weeks, or live in Victoria
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have even the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive, park your car, get race-ready near your car, observice strict social distancing measures. Then make your way to the Timing-Operations-Medical Hub to pick up your number plate.
- Everyone attending must come to the Registrations tent to check in and receive a race plate.
- There is not event centre, so you cannot set up a tent for riders – we have set the race loops specifically with a start-stop-start process in mind so you can self-support and your time starts when you cross the timing mat (“mat start”), ie doesn’t keep running when you finish one of the loops (Sparrow/Kowen).
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip between 8.00am and 3:30pm on YOUR race day that you are registered for (Sat OR Sun).
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away, timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 8am.
- No on the day practice.
- EVENT FINISH: Last race start is 3.30pm which means:
- you commence your last loop at 3.30pm (either Sparrow or Kowen).
- If there is no one there at 3.30pm we will close the loops.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- Always keep a bike length between each other.
- When overtaking, give the rider in front plenty of space.
- Be courteous to each other, no spitting, shouting, snot-rockets, coughing etc.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible and try to leave the car park as swiftly as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: No spectators allowed at the Start or out on track!
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE online throughout the day.
- Progress race results will be online for Saturday.
- Sunday race times will slot in throughout that race day.
- Final results that count will display Saturday and Sunday race times in one list. – Two race days, one event, one results list.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those. Top three podium getters in each category will receive a memento in the mail.
- Giveaways to every racer: Rocky Trail bandanna at rego.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will not have shared water.
- Catering: will not be provided, you must self-support.
- Toilets: toilets on-site and we will service them regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based at the Start-Operations-Medical Hub and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: will not be provided, you must self-support.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event needs to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the EVENT PAGE on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
If you feel sick – please don’t come,
you will get a refund.
If you feel the sniffles or something else coming on please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will refund you entry. No questions asked.
If you feel the sniffles or flu-like symptoms coming on, please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will be as forthcoming as possible with transferring your entry over to the next round. We reserve the right to deny entry if you have a fever or show flu-like symptoms.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING.