To mark our 10-year Anniversary of Rocky Trail Events in the ACT and at Stromlo Forest Park, the Australian artist Daniel Beresford from Wagga Wagga created a painting based on a very well-known photograph from the AMB100 Marthon by former AMB Magazine photographer Robert Conroy. A print on canvas of the original worht over $600 will be given away to raise funds for Rocky Trail’s charity of choice, the Canberran Pedal 4 Pierce organisation.
Daniel Beresford is one of our most loyal #rockytrailracers and he has been very successfully competing in Rocky Trail events for many years. What we recently discovered is that he is also an incredibly talented artist who has been inspired by his racing activities over the past few years. He literally put his passion to paper and has been creating incredible artworks, which will no doubt become iconic pieces.
The original oil on canvas “Western Wedgetail” piece is available for sale and Daniel was kind enough to donate a high-quality print on canvas to us, which we will give away in a raffle at our upcoming Terra in the Berra weekend, which features our AMB100 Marathon. All funds will go to Pedal 4 Pierce.
How the Pedal 4 Pierce charity raffle will work:
- Each competitor in the AMB100 Marathon will automatically get one (1x) entry in the draw.
- Each competitor in the 3-day Mitas Terra in the Berra event will receive three (3x) entries in the draw.
- To obtain additional entries in the draw, competitors and spectators from the public may obtain raffle tickets from the Rocky Trail registration desk at Stromlo Forest Park on Saturday 28th September and Sunday 29th September. Each additional raffle ticket costs $5, which represents one entry. This offer ends at 10am on Sunday 29th September.
- The draw will be done at 11:00am on Sunday 29th September and the winner will be announced at the race and via the Rocky Trail Media Channels – the Blog and all Social Media channels.
Get a print by Daniel Beresford
Any #rockytrailracer can buy a print through Daniel’s website ARTEFX – there are various sizes to choose from. Daniel is using a Sydney-based printer and the paintings/prints can also be shipped nationally or internationally. Check out his website for all the details.
How to order:
- Order via the website artefx.com.au
- Use the code RTDB100 so that Daniel can identify your purchases through Rocky Trail and gets you a 10% discount.
Thank you, Daniel, for sharing your love and passion for our races and see you in Canberra in September!
You must be logged in to post a comment.