VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING 2020
RIDER BRIEFING 2020
We remain of the few MTB organisers back running events post the Covid-19 outbreak and all eyes continue to be on us. We need your cooperation.
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 350 (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in NSW) you can see right away that we will err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh, but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
All Rocky Trail events are operated under a strict Covid-19 safety plan. The main task for all race participants is to strictly observe social distancing throughout the whole event. Even, if you are a regular racer, please familiarise yourself with this information to prepare for the race as some things might be different from how we’d normally run an event.
We’d like to thank our event sponsors and destination partners:
A huge shout-out to our event supporters:
Weather info as per Thursday, 9am
Martin has been looking at BOM, which we generally use as the most accurate indication based on a good 10 years of watching the weather patterns. Martin is talking about it in the rider briefing – however, it will be cool, so recommendation is to bring cold weather gear. We don’t expect rain for the weekend.
Key things to remember
- Non-racing supporters and ANY visitor at the venue are required to sign in for an Event Access Pass ahead of the race as we are tracking all event participants! – Request your Access Pass AHEAD of the event via this link:
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the Covid-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the ACT Government and observe strict Social Distancing Rules throughout your race day.
- We kindly ask that you stay at least 1 bike length apart from each other.
- RACE WAIVER: We have added a few paragraphs in our waiver outlining the dangers of Covid-19 and the fact that you resume all responsibility in regards to possibly getting sick when at the event. Please have a read through it. By entering and attending the event you agree to this Rocky Trail waiver.
- IMPORTANT: we understand completely that these are difficult and complex times and therefore, if you feel anxious, unsure or not comfortable to participate in this event, please contact us via email@example.com and we WILL REFUND your entry, no questions asked.
- We will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until Friday.
EVENT COVID SAFE RULES
We have been implementing and operating under a strict Covid-19 Safety Plan. In the following, please read and acknowledge the event-specific rules, procedures and regulations:
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have even the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: upon arrival, please check in competitors and spectators at the Rego tent.
- Event centre opens on Friday at 10am.
- The race track will be marked by Friday 12pm and you may inspect the course; please be aware medical support will be on-site on Saturday and Sunday.
- You may camp on-site on Fri, Sat and Sun nights.
- The event centre closes on Monday at 12pm.
- Refer to the official JB24H EVENT SCHEDULE for more details.
- Camping is included in the entry fee, please observe social distancing guidelines when setting up your tent and pit area.
- You may arrive from Friday 10am and can also camp on the Sunday night. The Race Director will be on-site during that time.
- Fires: we are awaiting information from the venue management if we are allowed to have bonfires on the weekend.
- If you arrive in Lithgow earlier, may we recommend any of the accommodation options in the region and there are great camping options too.
- The closest camp ground is near Lake Lyell not far from the event centre – Via Rydal Road, South Bowenfels, Lithgow. Camping, swimming, Fishing, water-skiing, Picnic Area, Amenities. BYO food & drinking water, fuel stove. For more information click here.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- Always keep a bike length between each other.
- When overtaking, give the rider in front plenty of space.
- Be courteous to each other, no spitting, shouting, snot-rockets, coughing etc.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible and try to leave the car park as swiftly as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: No spectators allowed close to the Start or right next to the track!
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification. You can ‘heckle’ but it needs to be at least 3m away from the track.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every non-competing person at the event needs to sign on online (free of charge) – click link below.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING:
- Everyone attending must come to the Registrations tent to check in and receive a race plate and confirm their non-racing visitor numbers.
- Please observe social distancing guidelines when setting up your tent and pit area.
- RACE PLATE:
- You can pick up your race plate
- Friday, 4-7pm
- Saturday, from 9am
- If you (or some of y our team members) are late, don’t worry, come to see us at the rego tent and we will assist you. You can still have your race and we’ll explain it all to you then.
- You can pick up your race plate
- EVENT START:
- The official rider briefing usually held before the race start is replaced by this means of communication.
- 11:30am All riders get race-ready; all solo riders plus all races who will complete the first lap for a team (note, this is a relay event, only ONE team rider per team may be out on track at any time).
- 11:40am Rider call-up and assembly for race start, be race-ready
- 11:45am Welcome address by the Hon. Mayor Thompson
- 12pm RACE START
- 6+6 HOUR EVENT: rest overnight, restart in the morning
- 6+6H racers may start their last Saturday lap by 6pm. This lap still counts.
- Re-start procedure on Sunday morning:
- Wake-up call at 5:30am
- Rider line-up at 5:55am: please observe social distancing rules.
- If you finished your Saturday race BEFORE or AT 6pm, you will re-start at 6am.
- If you finished your Saturday race AFTER 6pm, you will re-start exactly 12 hours later.
- Sat finish: 5:45pm = re-start 6am
- Sat finish: 6pm = re-start 6am
- Sat finis: 6:15pm = re-start 6:15am
- EVENT FINISH on SUNDAY:
- Last lap start is 12pm which means you may commence your last lap at 12pm.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Who wins? – The solo rider or team with the most laps in the least amount of time wins their category and we will display General Classification Results too.
- Race results are LIVE online throughout the day.
- We will do a prize ceremony under strict social distancing rules; please follow the instructions of the crew.
- Est. start of ceremony 1:30pm
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will not have shared water.
- Catering: will be provided all weekend by the crew from the Daily Espresso – expect a delicious menu of pasta, pizza, burgers, sandwiches and snacks plus coffee (!). Imagine that hot egg and bacon roll on Sunday morning!!!
- Toilets: toilets on-site and we will service them regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based at the Event Hub and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: Fizo Cycling will be on-site
- Kids Race: we will watch the weather, est. time around 4pm (making sure it’s not too hot for the little ones). There is a lovely firetrail loop right near the event centre, they will love it!
- DJ & Entertainment – our very own resident DJ Mista Nige will ROCK the place and do even a LIVE recording on the Saturday night.
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the EVENT PAGE on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
General race regulations
- Race etiquette – Important: you MUST adhere to social distancing rules.
- Rude behaviour towards fellow racers, crew or volunteers out on track or in the event centre is not acceptable.
- Please be kind to each other. We are all here to compete and to race and that is fine, but as owners of Rocky Trail Entertainment, Juliane and Martin Wisata EXPECT their competitors to be respectful of each other:
- We have seen an exciting and amazing influx of new competitors at Rocky Trail events an especially as we move into new regions with our races, we want to be very clear about this: EVERY competitor has a right to be out on track.
- We ask that the fast and semi-pro racers overtake slower riders in a repectful manner. As an experienced racer you would be aware that especially at a lap race, a podium position is not won by one or two seconds that you might loose by overtaking a slower rider in a respectful and friendly manner. Call out to the rider ahead of you, tell them you are there and that you will move past on which side.
- For casual racers, please respect the fast guys too – sometimes the fast riders see a gap that you don’t and they have the confidence that they can overtake you safely. Trust in their judgement. – At the same time, stand your ground, no need to stop completely, move to the side and let them pass. You will find you’ll get into a flow and a rhythm.
- We appreciate every racer and we have been building the Rocky Trail community for over a decade – we are grateful to have you all racing with us.
- Chat to Martin, Juliane, or to our event Managers Jo or Bob, if you have any questions.
- If you are the parent or carer of a junior racer you can ride or run with them, either as a racer or see rego to nominate as a marshal.
- Our staff at rego and at the starts are there to help. Talk to them.
- We are Covid Safe compliant, your briefing will be virtual, we’ll be social distancing, the medal ceremony will be virtual and we’ll make this the safest event you’ve ever been at!
If you feel sick – please don’t come,
you will get a refund.
If you feel the sniffles or something else coming on please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will refund you entry. No questions asked.
If you feel the sniffles or flu-like symptoms coming on, please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will be as forthcoming as possible with transferring your entry over to the next round. We reserve the right to deny entry if you have a fever or show flu-like symptoms.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING.
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)