Be ready for an event that’s loaded with the kind of electrifying energy, which is created when strong women get together to race and let their female spirits soar!
Challenging the experienced. Exciting the passionate. Welcoming the new.
25.11. Event update :
RUN cancelled due to forecast for hot temperatures
With quite warm weather forecast for the weekend in Canberra we will try and ‘beat the heat’. The Diamonds MTB race will go ahead as planned on Sunday with start from 8am. We however, have decided to cancel the trail RUN, which would have commenced from 11:30am. That way all competitors will have finished before noon and can find a lake or pool in the afternoon.
We are confirming that the Shimano MTB GP on Saturday as well as the Diamonds in the Dirt MTB Race will all go ahead as planned but the Diamonds in the Dirt RUN will happen another time.
Thanks for your understanding.
Juliane and the Diamonds team
Immerse yourself in a friendly and encouraging event environment! When you’re among ‘fellow Diamonds’ it doesn’t matter if you’re a young or mature outdoor lover, have kids or not, whether you’re into pink or not at all. We bring together women who have just started trail running or riding and might not have ever participated in a timed event before. If you love racing – come and share your passion for trail running and riding and pass on that racing bug!
We are riding and running on the popular Majura MTB Trails in Canberra and are set up right next to the beautiful Mount Majura Vineyard! The singletrail racing circuit is just over 7km and will take you through magnificent pine forests and the vineyards.
You pick your own challenge! The mountain bikers meet for race start at 8am and can choose one, three or 5 laps and the runners can choose a single, double or triple lap race, with race start at 11:30am. The timing set up is so that you can smash out lap after lap or you may take a break in between – only your time out on course counts. This also means that if you can’t make the 8am or 11:30am race starts, no worries – you can start your race later. Check the schedule below for the time cut-off, which is when you may start your last lap on course.
The sparks will be flying and we’ll all stock up on endorphins, joy and positive vibes.
About the Diamonds Events
Let us tell you a bit about ‘our Diamonds’ – expand the tabs for more info if you wish!
The Why – Embracing our Yin Energy
The Colour – Who this event is for
The Carat – About the Diamond event formats
The Clarity – Why a timed event?
Racing: Majura Pines MTB Trails, ACT
Event centre: Mount Majura Vineyard, 8 Lime Kiln Road, Majura ACT 2609
About the race track:
- Track length: 7.4km, moderate elevation, predominantly singletrail.
- Challenges – your pick!
- MTB: 1, 3 or 5 laps (start your last lap by 11am, this still counts)
- RUN: 1, 2 or 3 laps (start your last lap by 3pm, this still counts)
- Set up: Expect a racing circuit, short neutral ride/run to the start timing point, then timed circuit on singletrail through the Majura MTB trail network.
- 8am start for MTBers, 11:30am start for runners – at the Majura venue we were not able to put together two parallel racing circuits. Therefore mountain bikers compete first until a cut-off time, then the runners get their turn. See schedule below for all the details!
How does timing work?
- Your total time out on the race track counts. This means, our timing system is set up with a start and finish point for each lap.
- So if you are keen and want to race not stop you may keep racing the laps back to back.
- If you want you can have a break in between laps for a snack, to grab a drink, have a chat and mingle, you can and that time off the track (in the ‘neutral’ zone or event centre) won’t count.
Important: The official rider briefing usually held before the race start will be available virtually online before the race.
7:00-2:00pm Registration open to pick up your number plate/race bib.
7:50am Mountain bikers, be race ready.
8:00am Roll out for race start – mat time start/finish
11:00am Time-cut off MTB, start your last lap before 11am, this still counts
11:20am Runners, be race ready.
11:30am RUN race start – mat time start/finish
3:00pm Time-cut off RUN, start your last lap before 3pm, this still counts
4:30pm Event finish
Ceremony – Pick up your finisher medal in the event centre when you completed your challenge. We will have a virtual ceremony for all categories online after the event
Entry fees and categories
Adult: $65 | Junior U19: $45
1, 3 or 5 Lap Challenges
Default age group classification, or pick open eBike option.
Adult: $65 | Junior U19: $45
1, 2 or 3 Lap Challenges
Default age group classification.
- $65 | Adult age groups are:
Expert Female (19+), Veteran Female (30+), Master Female (40+), Super Master Female (50+), Grand Master Female (60+)
- $45 | Junior age groups are:
U13, U15, U17 and U19
- Prices are valid across MTB or RUN events and include GST.
- If you wish to compete in both races, please contact us via the online chat tool.
- Included in your entry:
- Event entry MTB and/or RUN
- Free photos – get all your racing photos for FREE!
- Complementary Rocky Trail drink bottle OR bandana
- Rocky Trail finisher medal
- Fully marked riding circuit with race marshals to look after you
- Personalised number plates/race bibs
- On-site parking close to the event centre
- On-site toilets
- Feed station at the event centre stocked with water, electrolytes, lollies and fruit
- Professional First Aiders and medical support on course and the event centre
- Professional timing with detailed category results – LIVE results online
Destination and Plan your trip
For travel and other Covid related advice please visit the ACT Government website. You obviously need to be allowed to travel to the ACT in order to race.
Why not make it a weekend getaway to the Capital?
Check out what other events are on. Iconic national attractions; riding Mount Stromlo’s bike trails; sipping our cool-climate Shiraz. Canberra offers the peak experience. It’s the best of Australia, brought together for you.
The Statesman Hotel is our accommodation partner in Canberra. Find out more details here.
What a great day! Juliane and the rest of the crew who made today possible… thank you. I’m a newbie and felt so supported the entire day. The encouragement from everyone, other riders, volunteers, supporters…was so appreciated. The fairy godmothers providing advice on how you tackle those challenges was what I needed to successfully complete the 1st lap. After that I had the confidence to go around again and again, getting faster,smoother and having a blast. A very well organised event and I definitely will do it again. Thank you!!!
I’ve been a rockytrail racer for a number of years and have seen the events grow, and more so, more women and young girls race! It’s great! More comradery, more women to relate to, and great competition.
We’ve made so many friends racing through Rockytrail events and love the great array of individuals and family that come along to add to the excitement too! There’s nothing better than rocking up to a race knowing there’s going to be at least one person you know & seeing the always smiling crew from Rockytrail Entertainment!
We welcome you to the Majura MTB Trails this weekend! 25.11. Event update for Canberra: With quite warm weather forecast for the weekend in Canberra
25.11. Event update for Canberra: With quite warm weather forecast for the weekend in Canberra we will try and ‘beat the heat’. The Diamonds MTB race
Finally! Our Diamonds in the Dirt Women’s Only event is happening at Majura MTB Park in Canberra on 29 November 2020! Rocky Trail is in
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)