Round 1 of the Fox Superflow sealed by Stan’s in Awaba is part of the global EWS Qualifier series. There are a few extra rules surrounding the EWS series in combination with our event. Read this if you would like to gain EWS points at the Superflow.
Excerpt from the official EWS rulebook
EWS members entering the Official EWS Qualifier events listed on enduroworldseries.com will collect official Enduro Global Ranking points.
Ranking points will be awarded in relation to EWS age categories.
EWS Qualifying Ranking Points will be awarded in relation to the overall finishing position of each EWS member. (Example: 15th position in the Women’s GC = 60 points regardless of how many EWS members placed from 1st to 14th).
Under 21 – 17 to 20 years – Male and Female Under 21 (U21) racers with EWS memberships will accumulate points towards an overall EWS Women’s and Men’s Under 21 World Champion title but will not be eligible for EWS series prize money. A male or female Under 21 racer may apply to EWS to race in the Senior Men and Women categories. An Under 21 rider who has been accepted into a senior category may not return to the Under 21 category in the same competition year.
Men – All male category times will be placed together in scratch format and EWS points allocated accordingly
Women – All female category times will be placed together in scratch format and EWS points allocated accordingly
Master Men – All male riders age 40+ entering the Official Master category at each event. Masters with EWS memberships will accumulate points towards an overall EWS Master Men World Champion title but will not be eligible for EWS series prize money.
Master Women – All female riders age 35+ entering the Official Women’s Master category at each event. Masters with EWS memberships will accumulate points towards an overall EWS Master Women World Champion title but will not be eligible for EWS series prize money.
Awaba specific information
- All racers of the Fox Superflow will race on 3 tracks.
- A 4th track that probably uses the lower parts of the DH course will be added for EWS riders only.
- The detailed tracks will be revealed approximately 2 weeks before the event. Some trails are still being built right now and we need to see what conditions they are in before we can race on them.
- EWS racers automatically participate in the Fox Superflow and will be ranked according to Superflow rules and age groups with the times taken of the 3 standard tracks.
- You need to be a registered EWS racer to get points in this category. You can create an account with them here.
- Here is a bit more information on how you can qualify for EWS races using points gained at Qualifying Events like our.
- Here is an overview of costs and benefits for EWS members.
- There will be a further ranking with EWS categories/age groups taking into consideration all 4 race times.
- We will assign you into the correct EWS age group based on the information you have given us when registering. If there are any problems with this we can always change it BEFORE the race starts.
- There is no order in which the 4 tracks need to be raced in. You have 5 timed runs per track and your fastest counts.
- You need to have a time on each track in order to be in the results.
- We are working on offering a shuttle service for the practice day on Saturday which will get you to the start of 1 or 2 of the 4 tracks.
- Shuttles will not be allowed on Sunday.
- On the 4th track you will need a FULL FACE HELMET!