The city of Ipswich has secured a competition that is part of the Fox Superflow® South Queensland Series for this weekend of 25+26 September. The mountain bike racing format with its motto “Race the way you Ride” has become Australia’s fastest growing gravity enduro competition. Organisers from Rocky Trail Entertainment will return to Ipswich for the second time with two days of racing on the ‘rocky trails’ at Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve for mountain bikers of all skill and age levels.
The ‘super’-social race format of the Fox Superflow® will guarantee adrenaline highs on Saturday and Sunday this weekend in Ipswich. The competitors will ride to the starts at the Castle Hill MTB trails un-timed and then complete four race tracks for an awesome day out for many categories – from elite to amateur racers to families with juniors, couples and groups of friends riding together. The event is part of a Queensland South race series with the Ipswich event being race three of four.
Organisers say with certain interstate travel restrictions still in place, they were expecting competitors to come to the Ipswich race from all over South East and regional Queensland. Having launched an Ipswich-specific travel guide to their network of participants all along the East Coast of Australia, Race Director Bob Morris added that also the local riders will be able to re-discover their home trails and re-kindle their love for mountain bike racing on their home tracks. “Local and visiting gravity pinners were going to be able to get a ‘good dose of shredding the gnar”, – Morris.
“From the first time between the tape to racers that have spent a lifetime training for power output, they will all enjoy lining up at our start line”, explains Jo Parker, Event Manager from Rocky Trail Entertainment. Even in the current challenging COVID-19 events environment, registration patterns for the 2021 Rocky Trail season indicated that their events will continue to grow after a record year in 2020, she added. With a tight Covid-19 Safety Plan in place the team will be delivering a safe and enjoyable event at Castle Hill, she said.
Two wheels take over in Ipswich this weekend
This Fox Superflow® is part of the Queensland South Point Score Series and as the third race in line-up of four event – up for grabs are Series Titles and Rewards across all skill and age categories. Riders to watch out for at Ipswich:
- Rory McKenzie Elite Men is dominating across all SEQ events, anyone up for the challenge? – Two rounds left to hit it!
- In the Experts, Doohan Quinn had a win at Nerang and scored more points for a 160 points lead.
- Pete Smith leading Super Masters, but will Craig Fisher return and shake it up?
- One to watch will be Jessica Hoskin! Can she keep the lead in both E-Bike and Elite women? With no elite women at the Nerang round all placing open for contention this weekend.
- U17 racer Bella Major is the consistent rider in U17 girls and will be again showing her talent this weekend.
- U19 racer Hayley Parsons has been a Rocky Trail legend attending all STH QLD events across the last 3 years, missing only one event due to injury.
- In the U17’s men Nicholas Nelson leads the 37-strong racer field with 900 points
- Luca Foley sits on 840 points in the U15’s
- The E-Bike male series classification wide open with 18 racers in the gate, all chasing the reward.
Mayor Teresa Harding said it’s fantastic to welcome another world-class event to Ipswich.
“Our city is Queensland’s sporting heartland, and it is great to see athletes of all ages tackling our state-of-the-art suburban facilities and iconic mountain courses,” Mayor Harding said.
“The Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve park has some of the best trails and facilities in South East Queensland, making our region the go-to mountain biking playground for beginners through to elite cross-country racers.
“This week sees our city become the home of bike racing in Queensland, as the 2021 AusCycling BMX State Championships also take over Wiley Park.”
Online registrations for competitors are still open; spectator entry is free and all event participants must check in via the QR Codes with the relevant Covid-19 Mobile App.
For more information, please visit www.rockytrailentertainment.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.