Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow!
This is what we have been waiting for: We are back and we are racing! Crazy times to say the least, which require a few crazy rules in order to keep racing so please take the time to watch or read through this entire rider briefing.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We are so grateful for the outpour of support and enthusiasm by our Rocky Trail riders and community over the last few weeks and months.
We are one of the first MTB events back globally running post the Covid19 outbreak and all eyes will be on us. We need your cooperation.
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 200 per day (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in NSW) you can see right away that we will err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you have been the greater Melbourne area in the last 2 weeks
- If you currently are in Victoria
- If you live in a NSW/VIC border community
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
- if you are racing on Saturday you can arrive on Friday if you are camping and must leave on Saturday after your race.
- if you are racing Sunday you can arrive on Saturday after 4pm, but not before.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive you will be directed to the lower car park areas.
- No parking will be allowed in the event centre which is on the left hand side driving in opposite the carpark.
- We need the entire space to spread registration tents, mechanics and the Daily Espressos who will be catering for us on both days.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip between 8.00am and 1pm on YOUR race day that you are registered for (Sat OR Sun).
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away, timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 9am.
- No practice, but you get 5 runs per track.
- Your fastest time counts.
- NEUTRAL TRANSITION TO STARTS: You must ride to all starts.
- Shuttles are NOT allowed on the weekend.
- Attention: one of the neutral transition tracks to the start of Faulk Line / Lazer race track is a public road so please ride accordingly.
- There will be cars driving up and down that road.
- EVENT FINISH: Last run is 3.30pm which means:
- you must be at the startline at that time.
- If there is no one there at 3.30pm we will close that track.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at the start line please do it in a single file leaving a bike length between each other.
- The queues will appear longer but move quicker.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly among the 3 tracks.
- When you finish your run please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Progress race results will be online for Saturday.
- Sunday race times will slot in throughout that race day.
- Final results that count will display Saturday and Sunday race times in one list. – Two race days, one event, one results list.
- We will provide the individual day results in 2 separate lists too, so you can analyse them.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those. Top three podium getters in each category will receive their series plate in the mail.
- Giveaways to every racer: pick a RedBull or Rocky Trail drink bottle at rego.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will not have shared water.
- Catering: will be on-site; please adhere to strict social distancing rules when ordering and waiting for your order. Please follow our crew and staff directions at all times.
- Toilets: there is a public toilet block on-site and we will service it regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: we will have mobile mechanics on-site. Please bring your own equipment.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be track with race plates.
- Non-competitors will be issued a Race Access pass. Please wear the race access pass at all times.
- Race plates and access passes have timing chips on the back and your movements are being tracked throughout the day.
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the Fox Superflow Awaba event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good 🙂
Download the full Covid-19 Safety Plan below and here is a summary:
The usual race rules still apply as always. In summary:
- You need to stay on the race track. No cheating or ‘sneaky pro lines’ where you leave the track and reenter.
- Don’t litter – please take your rubbish back with you or throw it in the landfill or recycling bins we have near the registration tent.
- There are 2 permanent toilets in Awaba which we will clean and disinfect during the day. Please let us know if they need a clean.
- Timing will be done with your timing chip – please ensure it is on your bike and that the plastic doesn’t touch any metal parts of your bike (e.g. don’t wrap the number plate around your handlebar).
- If you need to pass a rider out on track please do it in a friendly and safe way. Keep in mind that you have multiple runs per track so if you get held up you can always have another go.
- You agreed to our RACE WAIVER when you registered online – here is a link to the RACE WAIVER again
- Click here for DETAILED RACE RULES
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
- Awaba MTB Park, Jenkins Rd, Cooranbong/Freemans Drive Exit off M1
- Race track map available via the EVENT WEBSITE
Enduro World Series (EWS) Points
Round 1 was originally scheduled to be an EWS Qualifier Round. As international travel is looking unlikely in the coming months we are working with the EWS team to find out what we can offer you that makes most sense. We will keep you updated but can confirm that Round 1 will not offer EWS Qualifier Points.
Destinaton & Plan your trip
Camping: There are permanent toilets at Awaba MTB Park and you can camp on-site for free as it is a NSW State Forest.
Accommodation: The closest tourism destinations are Newcastle, as well as the Lake Macquarie, Hunter Valley and Central Coast Regions.
- Newcastle Visitor Information
- Lake Macquarie Visitor Information
- Hunter Valley Visitor Information
- Central Coast Visitor Information
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
You will still have to get ready for the massive surge of adrenaline when you drop into your time race stages. When you rail those berms and fly across the trails, crossing the finish line with your heart pumping. You’re alive. You’re doing what you love. And that’s why Rocky Trail exist. So that you can RACE the way you RIDE.