Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow –
at Greenvalleys MTB Park!
We are so glad to be back out on ‘rocky trails’ and racing! Crazy times to say the least, which require a few new rules in order to keep racing so please take the time to watch AND read through this entire rider briefing.
We are looking forward to be racing at Greenvalleys MTB Park – a huge thanks to Nick and his team for hosting us and a good 400 of #rockytrailracers!
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
Includes bonus feature: Josh Carlson shares his bike set up recommendations for this weekend at the end! Whooop!
Refer to map on the event website and here are the official track preview videos by the legend that is Josh Carlson with his “Spoken Trail” Series!
STANS: Dirty South
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We are one of the few MTB events back globally running post the Covid-19 outbreak and all eyes will be on us. We need your cooperation.
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 200 per day (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in NSW) you can see right away that we will err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
ABOUT: EVENT FORMAT
Fox Superflow is racing the way you ride.
Ride up at your own pace.
Drop in with your buddies on each others tyre or leave a space to pin.
It’s about doing party trains, railing berms and
For those of you, for who this will be the first FOX Super Flow we differ from most other events by offering a much more relaxed format.
- First, you can start when you want. Rego is open daily from 8:00am and will close for riders at 1:00pm. Timing will be activated from approximately 9:00am and you must be at a start at 3:30pm for the last race run. We will close the track when there are no riders as soon after 3:30pm.
- Second, you can ride the tracks in any order. Ride with your mates, even if they are in different categories, genders or have “E’s” added.
- You have 5 chances to get each track nailed. Don’t stress if you mess something up. For tracks that cross fire trails you dont even have to finish to get start again, so ride back up. – With up to 5 runs, you are only limited by your how many times you can get up the hill.
- Typically, we space riders with 30sec gaps… If you want a larger gap, the starter will hold up people behind you. Just ask your friendly Rocky Trail starter.
- We’ve set up races so a first timer and have as much fun as an elite. Pin it down, and as you cross the line, you can check your phone to see your time against your mates.
- Every track will have B lines, so our novices, youngsters and learners can get down, and A Lines for those who want to commit to hitting a chute, hit a gap or send a drop.
- If you are the parent of carer of a U13 or U15 you can ride with them, either as a racer or see rego to nominate as a marshal.
- Our staff at rego and at the starts are there to help. Talk to them.
- Please note – we are Covid Safe compliant, your briefing will be virtual, we’ll be social distancing, the medal ceremony will be virtual and we’ll make this the safest event you’ve ever been at!
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
In the following, please familiarise yourself with VENUE-SPECIFIC information and scroll down for EVENT REGULATIONS with regards to our Covid Safe Plans.
ABOUT: Greenvalleys MTB Park
Greenvalleys MTB Park at Tongarra, NSW in the Foothills of the Macquarie Pass National Park
With every ride and race the trails at Greenvalleys MTB Park are gaining in legendary status. Plenty of sections where you can let loose and just send it – no guts, glory. But plenty of stories to be told after every timed run by our superflow racers at the finishes, that’s for sure!
- FOX: Plantation
- STANS: Dirty South
Services on both days:
- Catering and coffee van on both days
- Tech support van with thanks to Bike’n’Shocks
- First Aid
Facilities: Toilets are provided.
Martin Wisata – 0403 090 952
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you have been the greater Melbourne area in the last 2 weeks
- If you currently are in Victoria
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot as declared by NSW.
- If you live in a NSW/VIC border community
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- Please be aware of an State-specific Covid-19 regulations that may apply to you and/or your very specific circumstances.
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
- if you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in at the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- Friday: only Greenvalleys MTB Club members may ride the trails.
- if you are racing on Saturday you can arrive on Friday if you are camping and must leave on Saturday after your race.
- if you are racing Sunday you can arrive on Saturday after 4pm, but not before.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive, follow the signs to the main car park.
- Please follow the signs for the designated parking areas.
- If you are setting up a tent for riders you must respect the 4m2 rule so under a 3×3 tent there can only be 2.25 people.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip between 8.00am and 1pm on YOUR race day that you are registered for (Sat OR Sun).
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away, timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 9am.
- No on the day practice, but you get 5 runs per track.
- Your fastest time counts.
- NEUTRAL TRANSITION TO STARTS: You must ride to all starts.
- Shuttles are NOT allowed on the weekend.
- EVENT FINISH: Last run is 3.30pm which means:
- you must be at the startline at that time.
- If there is no one there at 3.30pm we will close that track.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at the start line please do it in a single file leaving a bike length between each other.
- The queues will appear longer but move quicker.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly among the 3 tracks.
- When you finish your run please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Progress race results will be online for Saturday.
- Sunday race times will slot in throughout that race day.
- Final results that count will display Saturday and Sunday race times in one list. – Two race days, one event, one results list.
- We will provide the individual day results in 2 separate lists too, so you can analyse them.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those. Top three podium getters in each category will receive their series plate in the mail.
- Top three Series Winners in each category will get their memento in the mail after the race.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will not have shared water.
- Catering: will be on-site; please adhere to strict social distancing rules when ordering and waiting for your order. Please follow crew and staff directions at all times.
- Toilets: toilets on-site and we will service them regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: we will have a mobile mechanic on-site. Please bring your own equipment and spare parts.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be track with race plates.
- Non-competitors will be issued a Race Access pass. Please wear the race access pass at all times.
- May we ask that you sign up non-competing supporters or visiting friends and families who are on-site with you AHEAD of the event via this link:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the Fox Superflow Jolly Nose page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good 🙂
Download the full Covid-19 Safety Plan below and here is a summary:
The usual race rules still apply as always. In summary:
- You need to stay on the race track. No cheating or ‘sneaky pro lines’ where you leave the track and reenter.
- Don’t litter – please take your rubbish back with you or throw it in the landfill or recycling bins we have near the registration tent.
- Toilets: we will clean and disinfect them during the day. Please let us know if they need a clean.
- Timing will be done with your timing chip – please ensure it is on your bike and that the plastic doesn’t touch any metal parts of your bike (e.g. don’t wrap the number plate around your handlebar).
- If you need to pass a rider out on track please do it in a friendly and safe way. Keep in mind that you have multiple runs per track so if you get held up you can always have another go.
- You agreed to our RACE WAIVER when you registered online – here is a link to the RACE WAIVER again
- Click here for DETAILED RACE RULES
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
You will still have to get ready for the massive surge of adrenaline when you drop into your time race stages. When you rail those berms and fly across the trails, crossing the finish line with your heart pumping. You’re alive. You’re doing what you love. And that’s why Rocky Trail exist. So that you can RACE the way you RIDE.
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
You must be logged in to post a comment.