Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow!
This is what we have been waiting for: We are back and we are racing! Crazy times to say the least, which require a few new rules in order to keep racing so please take the time to watch AND read through this entire rider briefing.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We are so grateful for the outpour of support and enthusiasm by our Rocky Trail riders and community over the last few weeks and months.
We are one of the first MTB events back globally running post the Covid19 outbreak and all eyes will be on us. We need your cooperation.
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 200 per day (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in QLD) you can see right away that we will err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
ABOUT: EVENT FORMAT
Fox Superflow is racing the way you ride.
Ride up at your own pace.
Drop in with your buddies on each others tyre or leave a space to pin.
It’s about doing party trains, railing berms and
For those of you, for who this will be the first FOX Super Flow we differ from most other events by offering a much more relaxed format.
- First, you can start when you want. Rego is open daily from 8:00am and will close for riders at 1:00pm. Timing will be activated from approximately 9:00am and you must be at a start at 3:30pm for the last race run. We will close the track when there are no riders as soon after 3:30pm.
- Second, you can ride the tracks in any order. Ride with your mates, even if they are in different categories, genders or have “E’s” added.
- You have 5 chances to get each track nailed. Don’t stress if you mess something up. For tracks that cross fire trails you dont even have to finish to get start again, so ride back up. – With up to 5 runs, you are only limited by your how many times you can get up the hill.
- Typically, we space riders with 30sec gaps… If you want a larger gap, the starter will hold up people behind you. Just ask your friendly Rocky Trail starter.
- We’ve set up races so a first timer and have as much fun as an elite. Pin it down, and as you cross the line, you can check your phone to see your time against your mates.
- Every track will have B lines, so our novices, youngsters and learners can get down, and A Lines for those who want to commit to hitting a chute, hit a gap or send a drop.
- If you are the parent of carer of a U13 or U15 you can ride with them, either as a racer or see rego to nominate as a marshal.
- Our staff at rego and at the starts are there to help. Talk to them.
- Please note – we are Covid Safe compliant, your briefing will be virtual, we’ll be social distancing, the medal ceremony will be virtual and we’ll make this the safest event you’ve ever been at!
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
In the following, please familiarise yourself with VENUE-SPECIFIC information and scroll down for EVENT REGULATIONS with regards to our Covid Safe Plans.
ABOUT: NERANG VENUE
Nerang event hub will be positioned within the Gold Coast Cycling Centre. Parking will be available on the Criterium track through the gates off hope Street.
Services on both days:
- World Class Burgers
- Jungle Bean Coffee
- MTB Mechanic
- 1300 FIRSTAID
Facilities: Toilets are provided at the Velodrome.
Find a detailed map and descriptions on the event website.
- The three tracks being offered include FOX as the most technical and Lazer the most flowy, plus Stans.
- The tracks will be marked with laminated yellow start signs, finish signs, arrows and SHIMANO bunting.
- There are 2 points where un-timed liaisons cross the tracks and these are marked with double lines of bunting on the ground. The first is the heckle line (from here you should cheer and heckle loudly with social distancing in mind) and next is the track line from which you need to be aware of the crossing track.
Attention interstate racers:
Queensland is open to the majority of Australians. For non-Queenslanders a QLD border pass is required. Please get your access pass via this link:
- Race Director – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
- Event Manager – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
We have been implementing and operating under a strict Covid-19 Safety Plan. In the following, please read and acknowledge the event-specific rules, procedures and regulations:
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you have been the greater Melbourne area in the last 2 weeks
- If you currently are in Victoria
- If you live in a NSW/VIC border community
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot (including but not limited to Melbourne and specific Sydney suburbs => please check the Hot Spot list here)
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
- if you are racing on your non racing day, please check in at the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive you will be permitted to park on the Crit Track.
- No parking will be allowed in the event centre.
- We need the entire space to spread registration tents, mechanics, Jungle Bean Coffee and the World Class Burgers who will be catering for us on both days.
- If you are setting up a tent for riders you must respect the 4m2 rule so under a 3×3 tent there can only be 2.25 people.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip between 8.00am and 1pm on YOUR race day that you are registered for (Sat OR Sun).
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away.
- Timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 9am.
- No on the day practice, but you get 5 runs per track.
- Your fastest time counts.
- NEUTRAL TRANSITION TO STARTS: You must ride to all starts.
- Shuttles are NOT allowed on the weekend.
- EVENT FINISH: Last run is 3.30pm which means:
- you must be at the startline at that time.
- If there is no one there at 3.30pm we will close that track.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at the start line please do it in a single file leaving a bike length between each other.
- The queues will appear longer but move quicker.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly among the 3 tracks.
- When you finish your run please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Progress race results will be online for Saturday.
- Sunday race times will slot in throughout that race day.
- Final results that count will display Saturday and Sunday race times in one list. – Two race days, one event, one results list.
- We will provide the individual day results in 2 separate lists too, so you can analyse them.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those. Top three podium getters in each category will receive their series plate in the mail.
- Giveaways to every racer: pick a RedBull or Rocky Trail drink bottle at rego.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will not have shared water.
- Catering: will be on-site; please adhere to strict social distancing rules when ordering and waiting for your order. Please follow our crew and staff directions at all times.
- Toilets: there is a public toilet block on-site and we will service it regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: we will have mobile mechanics on-site. Please bring your own equipment.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be track with race plates.
- Non-competitors will be issued a Race Access pass. Please wear the race access pass at all times.
- Race plates and access passes have timing chips on the back and your movements are being tracked throughout the day.
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the Fox Superflow Nerang event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good 🙂
Download the full Covid-19 Safety Plan below and there is also a summary:
The usual race rules still apply as always. In summary:
- You need to stay on the race track. No cheating or ‘sneaky pro lines’ where you leave the track and reenter.
- Don’t litter – please take your rubbish back with you or throw it in the landfill or recycling bins we have near the registration tent.
- Toilets: we will clean and disinfect them during the day. Please let us know if they need a clean.
- Timing will be done with your timing chip – please ensure it is on your bike and that the plastic doesn’t touch any metal parts of your bike (e.g. don’t wrap the number plate around your handlebar).
- If you need to pass a rider out on track please do it in a friendly and safe way. Keep in mind that you have multiple runs per track so if you get held up you can always have another go.
- You agreed to our RACE WAIVER when you registered online – here is a link to the RACE WAIVER again
- Click here for DETAILED RACE RULES
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
- Nerang National Park – Hope Street Nerang QLD
- Race track map available via the EVENT WEBSITE
Destinaton & Plan your trip
Camping: Please note that camping is not allowed at this venue.
Accommodation: May we recommend that you visit the Gold Coast Visitor Website to find accommodation. Nerang National Park is located right in the heart of the Gold Coast – the beaches are just a 20 min drive away!
We’d like to thank our #rockytrailracer Mark Lang who is sponsoring 3x Gift Boxes with beautiful local products!
Lang’s Gourmet produces a range of 30 totally delicious gourmet dressings, sauces, jams, chutneys and condiments. Everything is made with Australian, all-natural ingredients (no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives), and is also gluten and dairy free. Yum!
You can find a range of Stockists across Australia on the website or start filling up your basket in the online shop now!
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
You will still have to get ready for the massive surge of adrenaline when you drop into your time race stages. When you rail those berms and fly across the trails, crossing the finish line with your heart pumping. You’re alive. You’re doing what you love. And that’s why Rocky Trail exist. So that you can
RACE the way you RIDE.
Become a Queensland Rocky Trail Racer… next events Castle Hill, Ipswich, Rowallen Park, Mackay and Douglas Mountain Bike Park, Townsville.