Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow –
at Castle Hill MTB Park in Ipswich QLD!
We are back and we are racing! But we have implemented a few new rules to keep racing so please take the time to read through this entire rider briefing.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We remain grateful for the outpouring of support and enthusiasm by our Rocky Trail riders and community over the last few months.
We will continue to run Rocky Trail events in Queensland, whilst the health advice about COVID-19 permits us. We need your cooperation.
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 200 per day (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in NSW) you can see right away that we will err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
ABOUT: EVENT FORMAT
For those of you, for who this will be the first FOX Super Flow… Where have you been? Just kidding… FOX Superflow is racing the way you ride… With your mates, with your family and friends, and on trails you love.
Fox Superflow is racing the way you ride.
Ride up at your own pace.
Drop in with your buddies on each others tyre or leave a space to pin.
It’s about doing party trains, railing berms and
For those of you, for who this will be the first FOX Super Flow we differ from most other events by offering a much more relaxed format.
- First, you can start when you want. Rego is open daily from 8:00am and will close for riders at 1:00pm. Timing will be activated from approximately 9:00am and you must be at a start at 3:30pm for the last race run. We will close the track when there are no riders as soon after 3:30pm.
- Second, you can ride the tracks in any order. Ride with your mates, even if they are in different categories, genders or have “E’s” added.
- You have 5 chances to get each track nailed. Don’t stress if you mess something up. For tracks that cross fire trails you dont even have to finish to get start again, so ride back up. – With up to 5 runs, you are only limited by your how many times you can get up the hill.
- Typically, we space riders with 30sec gaps… If you want a larger gap, the starter will hold up people behind you. Just ask your friendly Rocky Trail starter.
- We’ve set up races so a first timer and have as much fun as an elite. Pin it down, and as you cross the line, you can check your phone to see your time against your mates.
- Every track will have B lines, so our novices, youngsters and learners can get down, and A Lines for those who want to commit to hitting a chute, hit a gap or send a drop.
- If you are the parent of carer of a U13 or U15 you can ride with them, either as a racer or see rego to nominate as a marshal.
- Our staff at rego and at the starts are there to help. Talk to them.
- Please note – we are Covid Safe compliant, your briefing will be virtual, we’ll be social distancing, the medal ceremony will be virtual and we’ll make this the safest event you’ve ever been at!
Racers to watch out for this weekend
Riders to watch for include Ben Forbes, a Brisbane local cycling identity who has represented in both XCO and Enduro at world level. Cameron Allonby perennial podium chaser from FTR stable who represented Australia in DH. Bobby Blinko from Giant Nerang who is coming off setting some of the fastest laps at the Shimano GP – Logan. Joey Vejvoda who is returning to racing and is getting faster placing second in a recent GE event in SE Qld.
In age group racing watch for Ipswich locals Joel and Caleb Dodds who are both XCO champions and know the Castle Hill tracks better than most
In the Women former World Champion Trials rider Janine Jungfels makes her Rocky Trail Racing debut and we are looking forward seeing it her talent can transfer to the FOX Superflow format. Anna Beck and Holly Lubcke continue their rivalry after finishing only 8 seconds apart at the recent FOX Superflow Nerang event. In the age group watch for more of the Dodds family kids, Rachelle and Deborah Dodds. If they are anywhere near as fast as their brothers, then they are stars of the future.
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
In the following, please familiarise yourself with VENUE-SPECIFIC information and scroll down for EVENT REGULATIONS with regards to our Covid Safe Plans.
ABOUT: Castle Hill MTB Tracks, Ipswich
Castle Hill MTB Tracks – corner of Thomas and Mary Streets, Blackstone
Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve MTB Park provides some of the best single track in SE Queensland. Ipswich City Council and a group of dedicated volunteers have built the trails and facilities that makes this small but busy trail network one of the most popular in the region. Situated so close to the City of Ipswich and accessed by the Cunningham Highway that forms part of its southern boundary, the park’s easy access contributes to its popularity.
QLD Border Restrictions
Queensland border is currently closed to residents from other states so if you have registered for this event from outside of Queensland then please contact us via the website or the online chatting tool (click on the orange dot on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen) and we will be happy to refund your entry fee.
Will be available in the park as well as along Mary Street but please respect the local residents. See detailed map on the event website.
See race track map on the event website.
- FOX (Inca) is a fun and flowy but does contain a few corners that will test the skills of riders.
- RaceFace (Phil’s) is the most technical track, starts next to FOX (aka INCA) and includes 2 technical loose and steep corners that will test the best. Expect this track to blow out so be ready to change line choice across the day. Track finishes on a jumps section at the bottom so “whip it” up.
- STANS (World Cup) has some small doubles and a fun rocky section with a hidden landing for the brave (excellent B Lines for the conservative).
- LAZER (Roweys) is again fast and flowy with a good combination of fun jumps that can all be rolled.
We’d like to thank Ben Thomas from Ipswich City Council and the following local businesses and community groups for their event support:
Thanks to the local Ipswich Cycling Club for the awesome trails and their support to bring this event to Ipswich.
The sound system this weekend is sourced from the business of a local #rockytrailracer – he owns Luna Audio and we love it when we can mobilise our rider network!
Bob Morris, Race Director +61 458 299 558
Jo Parker, Event Manager +61 424 955 332
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
We have been implementing and operating under a strict Covid-19 Safety Plan. In the following, please read and acknowledge the event-specific rules, procedures and regulations:
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you have been to, in the past 2 weeks, or live in Victoria
- If you have been to, in the past 2 weeks, or live in NSW
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have even the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
- if you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in at the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- if you are racing on Saturday you can arrive on Friday if you are camping and must leave on Saturday after your race.
- if you are racing Sunday you can arrive on Saturday after 4pm, but not before.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive, follow the signs to the Event Hub. Overflow parking will be provided on the side streets; please respect the local residents.
- Additional parking will be available on a portion of the grass area which will be marked.
- If you are setting up a tent for riders you must respect the 4m2 rule so under a 3×3 tent there can only be 2.25 people.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip between 8.00am and 1pm on YOUR race day that you are registered for (Sat OR Sun).
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away, timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 9am.
- No on the day practice, but you get 5 runs per track.
- Your fastest time counts.
- NEUTRAL TRANSITION TO STARTS: You must ride to all starts.
- Shuttles are NOT allowed on the weekend.
- The transition crosses 2 of the tracks right at the top of the hill… please be cautious and avoid impeding racers.
- All tracks start at the same point. Riders will need to organise themselves for gaps. For example… the rider starting immediately in front of you may not be racing on the same track as you are. Ask them.
- EVENT FINISH: Last run is 3.30pm which means:
- you must be at the startline at that time.
- If there is no one there at 3.30pm we will close that track.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at the start line please do it in a single file leaving a bike length between each other.
- The queues will appear longer but move quicker.
- Please respect the signage near the start so the tail of the start queue does not impede riders starting on FOX and RACEFACE tracks.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly among the 4 tracks.
- When you finish your run please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Progress race results will be online for Saturday.
- Sunday race times will slot in throughout that race day.
- Final results that count will display Saturday and Sunday race times in one list. – Two race days, one event, one results list.
- We will provide the individual day results in 2 separate lists too, so you can analyse them.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those. Top three podium getters in each category will receive their series plate in the mail.
- Giveaways to every racer: pick a RedBull or Rocky Trail drink bottle at rego.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will not have shared water.
- Catering: will be on-site; please adhere to strict social distancing rules when ordering and waiting for your order. Please follow crew and staff directions at all times.
- Toilets: toilets on-site and we will service them regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: we will have a mobile mechanic on-site. Please bring your own equipment and spare parts.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be track with race plates.
- Non-competitors will be issued a Race Access pass. Please wear the race access pass at all times.
- May we ask that you sign up non-competing supporters or visiting friends and families who are on-site with you AHEAD of the event via this link:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the EVENT PAGE on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good 🙂
Download the full Covid-19 Safety Plan below and here is a summary:
The usual race rules still apply as always. In summary:
- You need to stay on the race track. No cheating or ‘sneaky pro lines’ where you leave the track and reenter.
- Don’t litter – please take your rubbish back with you or throw it in the landfill or recycling bins we have near the registration tent.
- Toilets: we will clean and disinfect them during the day. Please let us know if they need a clean.
- Timing will be done with your timing chip – please ensure it is on your bike and that the plastic doesn’t touch any metal parts of your bike (e.g. don’t wrap the number plate around your handlebar).
- If you need to pass a rider out on track please do it in a friendly and safe way. Keep in mind that you have multiple runs per track so if you get held up you can always have another go.
- You agreed to our RACE WAIVER when you registered online – here is a link to the RACE WAIVER again
- Click here for DETAILED RACE RULES
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
- Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve, Mary Street, Blackstone.
- Race track map available via the EVENT WEBSITE
Destinaton & Plan your trip
Camping: Please note that camping is not allowed at this venue.
Accommodation: May we recommend that you visit Discover Ipswich to find accommodation.
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
You will still have to get ready for the massive surge of adrenaline when you drop into your time race stages. When you rail those berms and fly across the trails, crossing the finish line with your heart pumping. You’re alive. You’re doing what you love. And that’s why Rocky Trail exist. So that you can RACE the way you RIDE.
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)