Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow –
at Rowallan Park in Mackay QLD!
We are back and we are racing! But we have implemented a few new rules to keep racing so please take the time to read through this entire rider briefing.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We remain grateful for the outpouring of support and enthusiasm by our Rocky Trail riders and community over the last few months.
We will continue to run Rocky Trail events in Queensland, whilst the health advice about COVID-19 permits us. We need your cooperation.
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 200 on the day you can see right away that we will err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
If you come from out of town, scroll down for accommodation offers and what’s on in the Mackay Regional Council area, which supports the event!
Mackay is proud to be hosting the 2020 Fox Superflow Sealed by Stans event.Mayor Greg Williamson
Welcome to all our visitors – competitors, officials and supporters.
Mackay Regional Council
“Mountain Bike racing is becoming more popular every year with the Mountain Bike events now spreading to Queensland. We are so proud to be hosting this event for the first time.
“Council has a strong focus on events and tourism development in the region and views mountain biking as a priority sports tourism area.
“We are home to some incredible wildlife experiences unlike anywhere else in the world including watching the wallabies on Cape Hillsborough beach at sunrise or spotting a platypus swimming at Broken River.
“We hope you enjoy the time you spend with us here in Mackay.”
Mayor Greg Williamson, Mackay Regional Council
Mayor Greg Williamson continues,
“We’re extremely excited to be hosting these competitions and welcoming visitors to our region.
“Council recognises that the region has the potential to become a signature mountain biking destination and with our plans for the Eungella-Finch Hatton mountain bike park under way, we are excited to host competitors here in Mackay so they can see the potential firsthand.
“I’d like to thank the organisers for their hard work in changing the event structure to ensure it is held in line with COVID safe measures. New requirements have been put in place to ensure the safety of race officials, competitors and spectators.
“Good luck to all the participations, we trust this will be a fantastic event!”
ABOUT: EVENT FORMAT
For those of you, for who this will be the first FOX Super Flow… Where have you been? Just kidding… FOX Superflow is racing the way you ride… With your mates, with your family and friends, and on trails you love.
Fox Superflow is racing the way you ride.
Ride up at your own pace.
Drop in with your buddies on each others tyre or leave a space to pin.
It’s about doing party trains, railing berms and
For those of you, for who this will be the first FOX Super Flow we differ from most other events by offering a much more relaxed format.
- First, you can start when you want. Rego is open daily from 7:00am and will close for riders at 12:00pm. Timing will be activated from approximately 8:00am and you must be at a start at 2:30pm for the last race run. We will close the track when there are no riders as soon after 2:30pm.
- Second, you can ride the tracks in any order. Ride with your mates, even if they are in different categories, genders or have “E’s” added.
- You have 5 chances to get each track nailed. Don’t stress if you mess something up. For tracks that cross the climbing trails you don’t even have to finish to get start again, so ride back up. – With up to 5 runs, you are only limited by your how many times you can get up the hill.
- Typically, we space riders with 30sec gaps… If you want a larger gap, the starter will hold up people behind you. Just ask your friendly Rocky Trail starter.
- We’ve set up races so a first timer and have as much fun as an elite. Pin it down, and as you cross the line, you can check your phone to see your time against your mates.
- Every track will have B lines, so our novices, youngsters and learners can get down, and A Lines for those who want to commit to hitting a chute, hit a gap or send a drop.
- If you are the parent of carer of a U13 or U15 you can ride with them, either as a racer or see rego to nominate as a marshal.
- Our staff at rego and at the starts are there to help. Talk to them.
- HELMET: At the Superflow events you won’t have to wear a full-face helmet, even though some riders choose to wear them.
- PROTECTIVE GEAR: At the Superflow events you won’t have to wear protective gear (elbow or knee pads or neck braces), even though some riders choose to wear them.
- Please note – we are Covid Safe compliant, your briefing will be virtual, we’ll be social distancing, the medal ceremony will be virtual and we’ll make this the safest event you’ve ever been at!
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
In the following, please familiarise yourself with VENUE-SPECIFIC information and scroll down for EVENT REGULATIONS with regards to our Covid Safe Plans.
ABOUT: Rowallan MTB Park, Mackay
Race your MTB like you’ve never raced it in Mackay before! – The Rowallan Park Mountain Bike trails will come alive with a brand-new kind of racing in Mackay: the Fox Superflow is friendly enduro racing without a tight schedule!
The hidden gem of Rowallan Park is located only 10mins from Mackay city centre. Owned and operated by Scouts QLD and the home to MADMTBC this venue is one to be seen: large open grassy green shady space bordering on a tropical rain forest pocket. With camping on lush greens and a bunk house on-site, this is great for groups or solo riders.
- Untimed liaison sections will utilise fire road, Flat bikkie, and the switchbacks. Sections are all coursed marked.
- FOX – he FOX track includes the first 2 wooden features of the “Millsy’s Ringa Mahi” from that point you can choose your own adventure! Both lines converge onto “102” for some rocky descents before cutting into the skills park onto the wooden berm to finish just below the MAD Mountain Bike Club House.
- A line – continue on Ringa Mahi for a Rocky technical run that will test your line selection all day long,
- B line – a newly created link crossing the fire road into Wild Turkey
Both Stans & Lazer flick to the left before dropping onto the road and splitting.
- STANS – Takes “Organ Donor”onto “Pips Playground” before a hard left into “Jellyfish” passing under the bridge for a short pedal to the finish.
- LAZER – Punches up onto “Dragon Back”, down onto road heading into Pride rock then onto “The Bees Line” pass “Devils Elbow onto the B track down to Mosquito Creek for the finish.
Jump on board with local shredder Ethan Weiss!
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open
12 pm – 4pm Medic on-site
9 am – 3.30 pm Practice runs , trails fully marked
3.30 pm Last Run
7.00 am Registration opens (Medics on-site all day)
8.00 am – 2.30 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
3 tracks – 1 run on each track – you get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
2.30 pm Last Race Run
QLD Border Restrictions
Please visit https://www.health.qld.gov.au/system-governance/legislation/cho-public-health-directions-under-expanded-public-health-act-powers/border-restrictions for the most up to date border restrictions. If you are impacted and have registered for this event from outside of Queensland then please contact us via the website or the online chatting tool (click on the orange dot on the bottom right-hand corner of your screen) and we will be happy to refund your entry fee.
Services and facilities:
- Medics: on-site Saturday 12pm-4pm and on Sunday all day
- Food: the crew from the Big Bite Food Truck will look after us from 10am
- Toilets on-site
Race Director – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
Event Manager & Media Liaison – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
We have been implementing and operating under a strict Covid-19 Safety Plan. In the following, please read and acknowledge the event-specific rules, procedures and regulations:
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have even the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
- if you are a competitor and spectating on your non-racing day, please check in at the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor. You will receive a wrist band.
- if you are a spectator we ask that you sign in via the online SPECTATOR ACCESS PASS Registration HERE – sign on at the rego desk on the day to receive a wrist band.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive, follow the signs to the Event Hub.
- Everyone attending must come to the Registrations tent to check in and receive a wristband or a race plate.
- If you are setting up a tent for riders you must respect the 4m2 rule so under a 3×3 tent there can only be 2.25 people.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip between 7.00am and 12pm on Sunday.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away, timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 8am.
- No on the day practice, but you get 5 runs per track.
- Your fastest time counts.
- NEUTRAL TRANSITION TO STARTS: You must ride to all starts.
- Shuttles are NOT allowed on the weekend.
- If your neutral transition to a start crosses a race track please be cautious and avoid impeding racers.
- All tracks start at the same point. Riders will need to organise themselves for gaps. For example… the rider starting immediately in front of you may not be racing on the same track as you are. Ask them.
- EVENT FINISH: Last run is 2.30pm which means:
- you must be at the startline at that time.
- If there is no one there at 2.30pm we will close that track.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at the start line please do it in a single file leaving a bike length between each other.
- The queues will appear longer but move quicker.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly among the 3 tracks.
- When you finish your run please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE online throughout the day.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those.
- Top three podium getters in each category will receive a medal, please check at the rego tent before leaving on the day or we will post it in the mail.
- Giveaways to every racer: pick a RedBull or Rocky Trail bandanna at rego.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Potable water is available on site. – We will not have shared water to avoid touch points.
- Catering: will be on-site; please adhere to strict social distancing rules when ordering and waiting for your order. Please follow crew and staff directions at all times.
- Toilets: toilets on-site and we will service them regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: We have been unable to secure Neutral support for this weekend. We have however, spoken to a number of bike shops who are racing. They are carrying some spares and will assist if possible.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be track with race plates.
- Non-competitors will be issued a Race Access pass. Please wear the race access pass at all times.
- May we ask that you sign up non-competing supporters or visiting friends and families who are on-site with you AHEAD of the event via this link:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing. Meaning:
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the EVENT PAGE on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good 🙂
Download the full Covid-19 Safety Plan below and here is a summary:
The usual race rules still apply as always. In summary:
- You need to stay on the race track. No cheating or ‘sneaky pro lines’ where you leave the track and reenter.
- Don’t litter – please take your rubbish back with you or throw it in the landfill or recycling bins we have near the registration tent.
- Toilets: we will clean and disinfect them during the day. Please let us know if they need a clean.
- Timing will be done with your timing chip – please ensure it is on your bike and that the plastic doesn’t touch any metal parts of your bike (e.g. don’t wrap the number plate around your handlebar).
- If you need to pass a rider out on track please do it in a friendly and safe way. Keep in mind that you have multiple runs per track so if you get held up you can always have another go.
- You agreed to our RACE WAIVER when you registered online – here is a link to the RACE WAIVER again
- Click here for DETAILED RACE RULES
OTHER EVENT INFORMATION
Destinaton & Plan your trip
Be sure to check out the many activities and experiences in the region and two awesome accommodation offers!
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
You will still have to get ready for the massive surge of adrenaline when you drop into your time race stages. When you rail those berms and fly across the trails, crossing the finish line with your heart pumping. You’re alive. You’re doing what you love. And that’s why Rocky Trail exist. So that you can RACE the way you RIDE.
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
You must be logged in to post a comment.