Get MAD about superflow racing!
Fox Superflow is racing the way you ride.
This is friendly enduro racing without a tight schedule.
Get ready for MAD tropical superflow racing in Mackay, people! What a treat being invited to race the “MAD” trails at Rowallan Park by the local Mackay & District (MAD) Mountain Bike Club! After the Covid-closer the park is open again and it’s time to re-kindle your love for mountain bike racing in Mackay – race your home trails like you’ve never raced them before: Superflow-style!
Superflow is Rocky Trail’s way of turning up the volume in your mountain bike life! Rowallan Park has been known and popular for its technical cross-country trails and we will make you re-discover those awesome rock features, radical berms and flowy descents with our Superflow racing – these events have taken the Australian East Coast gravity scene by storm!
It’s great for groups of mates and even whole families to spend all day together! The event format is so flexible! Whatever category you’re in, you ride to the starts un-timed together and then get to hit the race stage. Get a gap or do party trains all day – meet at the bottom and go up again to transition to the next track, or go do the same again. You have five attempts to get each track nailed and the fastest time on each counts!
Check it all out 👇
What is Superflow racing?
Race the way you ride.
These events truly are unique Australia-wide!
You know those perfect weekend rides with your besties? Fanging around with the little shredders? Always wanted to get your ‘other half’ to go racing with you? You love riding and exploring those trails together, meeting other riders and chatting about bikes and life, then racing each other absolutely smashing it down your favourite descent? Then you will love the our Superflows, because with us you can RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE!
What’s the challenge?
Within a set timing window you complete a set of timed race stages, which are predominantly downhill – the faster you go, the more challenging it gets!
- Untimed transitions to start: in Mackay you ride to the starts of three races un-timed.
- You can ride the 3 timed tracks in any order. Ride with your mates, even if they are in different categories, genders or have “E’s” added.
- You have 5 chances to get each track nailed. Don’t stress if you mess something up. For tracks that cross fire trails you dont even have to finish to get start again, so ride back up. – With up to 5 runs, you are only limited by your how many times you can get up the hill.
Who can race it?
- We’ve set up races so a first timer and have as much fun as an elite. Pin it down, and as you cross the line, you can check your phone to see your time against your mates.
- Every track will have B lines, so our novices, youngsters and learners can get down, and
- The A Lines will get those hearts pumping for those who want to commit to hitting a chute, hit a gap or send a drop.
- We offer an awesome day out to a wide range of riders through our broad race categories – from elite to amateur racers to families with juniors, couples and groups of friends riding together. Put on your race face – all your race pics are included in the entry!
No start order! You ride to the starts un-timed and you can pick the order in which to tackle the race tracks, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time!
For this race a standard cycling helmet is accepted; some competitors do choose a full-face helmet and body protection (elbow, knee), but it’s not mandatory.
How does it work?
Read the online rider briefing ahead of the race and on the day pick up your race number from the rego desk.
You can ride the tracks in any order. You ride to the starts un-timed, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers!
You have 5 chances to get each track nailed. We have a flexible timing system so you can pick yourself when to race which stage.
Start and finish of each race stage is automatic; we will have marshalls in place. Cross the line, check your result on your phone!
Our COVID-19 Response
We differ from most other events by offering a much more relaxed format.
Our Superflows have adapted well to the Covid-19 situation – even the original and popular format had riders arrive, get their number plates and then spend all day out on the trails. Therefore, we have been able to control the rider movements really well and our Superflow has remained the fastest-growing gravity enduro racing format in Australia!
Special COVID-19 measures in place
Trial-day Sat & Race Day Sun
Up to 5 runs of EACH track!
Fastest run on each counts, LIVE results.
In Mackay we are hosting a Superflow trial day on the Saturday and Sunday is race day!
We look forward for the locals to re-discover their home trails in a whole new way and to put Mackay on the gravity enduro racing map for the visiting shredders!
You can do up to 5 race runs on each track!
You can also pick the order in which you complete your race runs.
Your fastest run on each track counts and there are LIVE results! Cross the line, pull out your phone and see how you went!
IMPORTANT: Event accreditation is mandatory for any spectator, supporter or media. You must sign up via the race portal (free admission, but limited spots)!
Why you will love it!
Explore the trails together, make it a MTB weekend away! The race tracks are mostly downhill – the faster you go, the more challenging it gets!
On race day you complete a set of timed race stages within a set timing window. You ride to the starts untimed though, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time!
There are no start orders, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers! Racers of different ages and riding preferences will have a blast! Together.
Whatever category you’re in – perfect for families, groups of mates and couples of different ages and riding preferences! Who’s going to clock in the fastest time?
Important: Special COVID-19 Race Rules in place!
We are adapting our original Superflow™ format slightly to comply with COVID-19 regulations and manage event participant traffic. – All competitors please sign up online and please note that event accreditation is mandatory for any spectator, supporter or media. You must sign up via the race portal (free admission for visitor accreditation, but limited spots)!
Rowallan Park, home track of the MAD MTB Club
Race your MTB like you’ve never raced it in Mackay before! – The Rowallan Park Mountain Bike trails will come alive with a brand-new kind of racing in Mackay: the Fox Superflow is friendly enduro racing without a tight schedule!
For the first time ever, Rowaalan Park XC tracks will be “unpicked and restitched” to provide 3 Flowy gravity tracks. All three race stages are starting at the top of the hill!
- Untimed liaison sections will utilise fire road, Flat bikkie, and the switchbacks. Sections will be coursed marked.
- FOX – he FOX track includes the first 2 wooden features of the “Millsy’s Ringa Mahi” from that point you can choose your own adventure! Both lines converge onto “102” for some rocky descents before cutting into the skills park onto the wooden berm to finish just below the MAD Mountain Bike Club House.
- A line – continue on Ringa Mahi for a Rocky technical run that will test your line selection all day long,
- B line – a newly created link crossing the fire road into Wild Turkey
Both Stans & Lazer flick to the left before dropping onto the road and splitting.
- STANS – Takes “Organ Donor”onto “Pips Playground” before a hard left into “Jellyfish” passing under the bridge for a short pedal to the finish.
- LAZER – Punches up onto “Dragon Back”, down onto road heading into Pride rock then onto “The Bees Line” pass “Devils Elbow onto the B track down to Mosquito Creek for the finish.
- Medics: on-site Saturday 12pm-4pm and on Sunday all day
- Food: the crew from the Big Bite Food Truck will look after us from 10am
- Toilets on-site
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open
12 pm – 4pm Medic on-site
9 am – 3.30 pm Practice runs , trails fully marked
3.30 pm Last Run
6.30 am Registration opens (Medics on-site all day)
7.30 am – 2.00 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
3 tracks – 1 run on each track – you get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
2.00 pm Last Race Run
Destination & Plan your trip
Queenslanders, explore Queensland! We invite you to explore beautiful Mackay while you’re in the region for our racing weekend! The Mackay region can offer natural experiences, fun-filled adventures or pure relaxation with a backdrop of gorgeous scenery and amazing sunsets. Whether inland, on the coast or the City Centre, see nature come to life with unique and rare experience in the Mackay region.
The hidden gem of Rowallan Park is located only 10mins from Mackay city centre. Owned and operated by Scouts QLD and the home to MADMTBC this venue is one to be seen: large open grassy green shady space bordering on a tropical rain forest pocket. With camping on lush greens and a bunk house on-site, this is great for groups or solo riders.
The Rocky Trail crew will be staying on-site and will manage bookings. Email email@example.com to secure a spot:
- CAMPING $8 pp per night: This venue offers multiply camping locations allowing groups to spread and enjoy the tranquillity of the area with tracks at your finger tips!
- BUNK HOUSE: Alternatively a 30 bed bunkhouse is available for the weekend.
Oaks Hotels Accommodation Offer (click to view)
Superflow racing action:
The organisers are super friendly and helpful. You can tell their passion for mtb has created an amazing atmosphere. 100% would recommend for any girls, beginners, and anyone who loves riding to have a go.
You can be as chilled or as competitive as you like; either way it’s a great day.
Best endurance race series in Australia. Well organised every time.
Fox Superflow events are fantastic. My son completed 3 events this year, they are really well run and family friendly events.
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)