Legs screaming, heart pumping, adrenaline surging: Stromlo Forest Park
You know those perfect weekend rides with your besties? Fanging around with the little shredders? Always wanted to get your ‘other half’ to go racing with you? You love riding and exploring those trails together, meeting other riders and chatting about bikes and life, then racing each other absolutely smashing it down your favourite descent? Then you will love the our Superflows, because with us you can RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE!
Supported by Events ACT, this race will take you to Stromlo Forest Park with one of the most popular Rocky Trail set of race tracks – it will make your frothing gravity mountain bikers’ hearts skip a beat! Superflow racing is your mountain bike life with the volume turned up!
How we chose the 3 tracks at Stromlo:
1. Track Variety
2. Logistics & Timing
3. Athlete & Public Safety
- Track Variety: The 3 tracks we have on offer will offer a wide variety of flow, fast, technical and outright awesome tracks.
- Logistics & Timing: Having the same start for all 3 tracks is also very important from a logistical and technical timing point of view. For this, we specifically upgraded our timing system, which for the first time enables us to run a 3 day format.
- Athlete & Public Rider Safety: During Covid the trails at Stromlo have become incredibly busy and with this 3 day format we don’t want to shut down important connecting tracks within the park. This is the main reason why we took out the popular Skyline-Luge tracks. We believe and know from locals that they have been and will be very busy with public riders, especially on the long weekend. We want to avoid mixing public with our athletes, because this will diminish the fun for both riders and #rockytrailracers.
What is Superflow racing?
Race the way you ride.
These events truly are unique Australia-wide!
What’s the challenge? Within a set timing window you complete a set of timed race stages, which are predominantly downhill – the faster you go, the more challenging it gets! Each event is a stand-alone event and you can also collect series points.
Who can race it? We offer an awesome day out to a wide range of riders through our broad race categories – from elite to amateur racers to families with juniors, couples and groups of friends riding together. Put on your race face – all your race pics are included in the entry!
No start order! You ride to the starts un-timed and you can pick the order in which to tackle the race tracks, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time!
How does it work?
Read the online rider briefing ahead of the race and on the day pick up your race number from the rego desk.
You ride to the starts un-timed, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers!
No worries! We have a flexible timing system so you can pick yourself when to race which stage – up to 5 runs on each!
Start and finish of each race stage is automatic; we will have marshalls in place. Cross the line, check your result on your phone!
All Fox Superflows are stand-alone races and all riders are welcome. You can also collect points for an overall series ranking throughout the season – details will be sent out via the Rider Briefing ahead of each race.
Our COVID-19 Response
Special COVID-19 measures in place
Race day Saturday & Sunday*
Up to 5 runs of EACH track!
Fastest run counts, LIVE results.
What people love about the Superflow races is that they normally get to practice all day Saturday. With the COVID-19 measures this will change slightly and we will be racing on both days, Saturday AND Sunday in some venues*. You can select your preferred day when signing up.
What will not change is that you can still do up to 5 race runs on each track! You can also still pick the order in which you complete your race runs.
Your fastest run on each track counts and there are LIVE results! Cross the line, pull out your phone and see how you went!
IMPORTANT: Event accreditation is mandatory for any spectator, supporter or media. You must sign up via the race portal (free admission, but limited spots)!
Why you will love it!
Explore the trails together, make it a MTB weekend away! The race tracks are mostly downhill – the faster you go, the more challenging it gets!
On race day you complete a set of timed race stages within a set timing window. You ride to the starts untimed though, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time!
There are no start orders, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers! Racers of different ages and riding preferences will have a blast! Together.
Whatever category you’re in – perfect for families, groups of mates and couples of different ages and riding preferences! Who’s going to clock in the fastest time?
Stromlo Forest Park – Opperman Avenue, Stromlo ACT
We love the ever-expanding and evolving trail network and putting together our favourite trail combinations for our events, always inspired by input from our local racers! More information about Stromlo Forest Park can be found here: www.stromloforestpark.com.au
It is a public MTB track and you can ride it in the lead up to the race.
There is no camping available at Stromlo.
START location: Pork Barrell Start area (end of Western Wedgetail)
PICK UP Number Plate + Operations/Medical Hub location: END of Pork Barrell/START of Double Dissolution intersection
Trackmap (preliminary) – we plan to run the following tracks:
- FOX: Pork Barrell – Rough Choice
- STAN’s: Sunset Boulevarde – Pork Barrell – Slick Rock
- LAZER: Slick Rock – Pork Barrell – Double Dissolution
All three race tracks will start in the same spot – this is where you pick up your number plate. In response to the high influx of riders at Stromlo Forest Park in recent months, we are not running Skyline Luge to avoid the crowds. All will be explained again in the rider briefing.
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open for Saturday Superflow
9 am – 3.30 pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open for Sunday Superflow
9 am – 3.30 pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
3 tracks – 1 run on each track – you get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
Please note that you need to pick your race day when you sign up online and the entry is only valid for that one day because of COVID-19 participant limits in place. This means that if you are registered for Saturday, you are not permitted on the trails or in the event centre on Sunday and vice versa.
Destination & Plan your trip to Canberra
For travel and other Covid related advice please visit the ACT Government website. You obviously need to be allowed to travel to the ACT in order to race.
Stromlo Forest Park is located just 15 minutes outside the City Centre of Canberra and why not make it a weekend getaway to the Capital? There are so many things to see and do off the race track. There are a lot of ‘bike-loving places to stay‘ in Canberra and why not go on a hunt for the perfect ‘Instagram Moment‘? Check out what other events are on that weekend here and follow our event blog for more ideas!
The Statesman Hotel is our accommodation partner in Canberra. Find out more details here.
Latest Fox Superflow News
Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow – at Greenvalleys MTB Park! We are so glad to be back out on ‘rocky trails’ and racing! Crazy times to say the least, which require a few new rules in order to keep racing so please take the
Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at the Fox Superflow – at Ourimbah MTB Park! We are so glad to be back out on ‘rocky trails’ and racing! Crazy times to say the least, which require a few new rules in order to keep racing so please take the
What’s the Fox Superflow? This race will turn up the volume in your mountain bike life! A huge thanks to the legend that is Josh Carlson, who has test-raced the Fox Superflow trails at Stromlo Forest Park for us ahead of the three day event there in 2020! What’s in store for all the #rockytrailracers at Stromlo Forest
Event Update 25.09.2020
1. Change of location of our Operations and Medical Hub – this is where you pick up the number plate => it is now at the start of the Double Dissolution track. Due to the rain today Friday, our event can can’t be driven up. The start location as indicated on the Google Map below is still the same (Start area Pork Barrell).
2. The “Western Car Park” of Stromlo Forest Park on Uriara Road (END of Double Dissolution) will be open for us, so if you park there, it will be very easy to get your number plate on the way to the Start further up the hill.
3. Access Operations/Medical Hub from main car park: you can also access this point easily from the main car park; stay on the lower side of the hill, ride up Wattle Happen + Blackberry Climb + Slant Six or stay on Fireroad + Go past Wombat Junction (Willo Memorial) and jump onto Willo Link, this spits you out right at the hub (or stay on fireroad that leads there too).
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)