Legs screaming, heart pumping, adrenaline surging: Stromlo Forest Park
Fox Superflow(TM) is racing the way you ride. Ride up at your own pace. Drop in with your buddies on each other’s tyre or leave a space to pin. It’s about doing party trains, railing berms and SENDING IT! Be a Rocky Trail racer and turn up the volume in your mountain bike life at the Fox Superflow!
This is friendly enduro racing without a tight schedule: You can pick the order in which to tackle the race stages, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time! You can do up to five runs on each stage, the fastest one counts and there are no start orders, which means whatever category you’re in, you can ride together and still lock your own best race run in!
The Fox Superflow(TM) is Australia’s most popular gravity enduro series! And in 2021 we will race all down the East Coast of Australia – from the tip up in Queensland’s Tropical North via NSW and the ACT way down South in Victoria
Get ready for an absolute adrenaline rush as you smash down our Superflow race tracks to hunt down those precious seconds for the win! Supported by Events ACT, this race will take you to Stromlo Forest Park with one of the most popular Rocky Trail set of race tracks – it will make your frothing gravity mountain bikers’ hearts skip a beat! At this Fox Superflow event you can do your 5 race runs and you choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day when you sign up online.
How we choose the tracks at Stromlo:
1. Track Variety
2. Logistics & Timing
3. Athlete & Public Safety
- Track Variety: The 3 tracks we have on offer will offer a wide variety of flow, fast, technical and outright awesome tracks.
- Logistics & Timing: Having the same start for all 3 tracks is also very important from a logistical and technical timing point of view. For this, we specifically upgraded our timing system.
- Athlete & Public Rider Safety: During Covid the trails at Stromlo have become incredibly busy and we want to avoid mixing public with our athletes, because this will diminish the fun for both riders and #rockytrailracers. We will choose the tracks accordingly.
What is Superflow racing?
Race the way you ride.
These events truly are unique Australia-wide!
What’s the challenge? Within a set timing window you complete a set of timed race stages, which are predominantly downhill – the faster you go, the more challenging it gets! Each event is a stand-alone event and you can also collect series points.
Who can race it? We offer an awesome day out to a wide range of riders through our broad race categories – from elite to amateur racers to families with juniors, couples and groups of friends riding together. Put on your race face – all your race pics are included in the entry!
No start order! You ride to the starts un-timed and you can pick the order in which to tackle the race tracks, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time!
How does it work?
Read the online rider briefing ahead of the race and on the day pick up your race number from the rego desk.
You ride to the starts un-timed, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers!
No worries! We have a flexible timing system so you can pick yourself when to race which stage – up to 5 runs on each!
Start and finish of each race stage is automatic; we will have marshalls in place. Cross the line, check your result on your phone!
All Fox Superflows are stand-alone races and all riders are welcome. You can also collect points for an overall series ranking throughout the season – details will be sent out via the Rider Briefing ahead of each race.
Our COVID-19 Response
Special COVID-19 measures in place
Race day Saturday & Sunday
Up to 5 runs of EACH track!
Fastest run counts, LIVE results.
IMPORTANT: Event accreditation is mandatory for any spectator, supporter or media. You must sign up via the race portal (free admission, but limited spots)!
Why you will love it!
Explore the trails together, make it a MTB weekend away! The race tracks are mostly downhill – the faster you go, the more challenging it gets!
On race day you complete a set of timed race stages within a set timing window. You ride to the starts untimed though, which makes this event social and action-packed at the same time!
There are no start orders, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers! Racers of different ages and riding preferences will have a blast! Together.
Whatever category you’re in – perfect for families, groups of mates and couples of different ages and riding preferences! Who’s going to clock in the fastest time?
Stromlo Forest Park – Opperman Avenue, Stromlo ACT
We love the ever-expanding and evolving trail network and putting together our favourite trail combinations for our events, always inspired by input from our local racers! More information about Stromlo Forest Park can be found here: www.stromloforestpark.com.au
It is a public MTB track and you can ride it in the lead up to the race.
Camping is allowed on Friday and Saturday night.
This is the track map:
- FOX: Skyline, Luge, Finish on fire trail at the end of Luge.
- STANS: Start at the tunnel, Carolyn’s, Trebuchet, Old Duffy Descent.
- LAZER: Start at the tunnel, top of Trebuchet into Triple Treat, then Wallaby Run, singletrail sprint along the Downhill track behind 4X hill, timing point at the Downhill finish.
Neutral liaison rides will be marked – riders can choose to dash up on the fire trails or use the single trail climbs.
All race competitors, visitors, crew and spectators are required to sign into the “Check In CBR App” – you will be asked to show confirmation of the sign in (either on screen or via a screenshot) to receive your race plate and event centre / trail access.
How to check in:
- QR Check In: Open the app and scan the QR Code at the registration desk of the race.
- Manual check in if you can’t scan the code: Open the App and enter the code 832486 to check in manually.
Race pics included!
All race photos are included in your entry and elite and amateur racers of different ages and riding preferences will have a blast – adults and juniors alike! Our young shredders love it, because they not only can smash their mates but also mum and dad out on track!
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open
9 am – 3.30 pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open
9 am – 3.30 pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your raceday during the registration process.
Destination & Plan your trip to Canberra
For travel and other Covid related advice please visit the ACT Government website. You obviously need to be allowed to travel to the ACT in order to race.
Stromlo Forest Park is located just 15 minutes outside the City Centre of Canberra and why not make it a weekend getaway to the Capital? There are so many things to see and do off the race track. There are a lot of ‘bike-loving places to stay‘ in Canberra and why not go on a hunt for the perfect ‘Instagram Moment‘? Check out what other events are on that weekend here and follow our event blog for more ideas!
The Statesman Hotel and Abode Hotels are our accommodation partner in Canberra. Find out more details here.
Superflow racing is your mountain bike life with the volume turned up!
Josh Carlson’s Spoken Trail Fox Superflow Videos | Stromlo Forest Park
Latest Fox Superflow News
Epic Fox Superflow racing in the Dandenong ranges: Silvan Silvan Reservoir Mountain Bike trails are a hidden gem within Melbourne’s Metropolitan area. On the back side of the Dandenong Range the trails drop through the beautiful Mountain Ash forest and fern filled gullies. Rising over 600m the Dandenong ranges creates its own weather and draws
Welcome to the Fox Superflow at Silvan in VIC. This is some general information for race participants and visitors to the Dandenong Ranges National Park on the weekend. What awaits you: the Fox Superflow enduro-style MTB action with loads of send, massive gnar, spectacular climbs, fast and flowy descents for the gravity guns. Get ready for
Gilchrist and Cuthbert take over Fox Superflow NSW/ACT series lead Over 600 racers participated in the popular gravity enduro mountain bike race with Rocky Trail Entertainment in Canberra on the weekend. Supported by Events ACT and Visit Canberra the Fox Superflow sealed by Stan’s race was split across two race days and the riders had
Event Update 25.09.2020
1. Change of location of our Operations and Medical Hub – this is where you pick up the number plate => it is now at the start of the Double Dissolution track. Due to the rain today Friday, our event can can’t be driven up. The start location as indicated on the Google Map below is still the same (Start area Pork Barrell).
2. The “Western Car Park” of Stromlo Forest Park on Uriara Road (END of Double Dissolution) will be open for us, so if you park there, it will be very easy to get your number plate on the way to the Start further up the hill.
3. Access Operations/Medical Hub from main car park: you can also access this point easily from the main car park; stay on the lower side of the hill, ride up Wattle Happen + Blackberry Climb + Slant Six or stay on Fireroad + Go past Wombat Junction (Willo Memorial) and jump onto Willo Link, this spits you out right at the hub (or stay on fireroad that leads there too).
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)