Race Waiver and Liability Release
By signing up to a Rocky Trail Entertainment event you agree to the following:
- In consideration of Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd accepting my participation in any individual event organised by Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd, which may involve a significant risk of physical harm, I agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk.
- I accept that Mountain Biking/Trail Running is a hazardous experience or activity with varying surface and environmental conditions. It is different from road bicycling in that it is done on partially improved and unimproved trails and roads, as well as on naturally rugged terrain.
- I am aware that Mountain Biking/Trail Running is a recreational activity which may involve, in addition to usual and inherent risks, personal injury, obvious risk, danger to myself, the possibility of injury and harm and physical exertion for which I may not be prepared, remoteness to normal medical service, weather extremes subject to sudden and unexpected change and evacuation difficulties if I am disabled.
- I accept all of the inherent and obvious risks and that mountain biking is a dangerous recreational activity and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting therefrom. I acknowledge that the enjoyment and excitement of Mountain Biking/Trail Running is derived in part from the inherent risks incurred by the activity beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work and that these inherent risks contribute to such enjoyment and excitement being a reason for my participation.
- I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the nature of the course and am aware of the risks to person and property inherent in this activity and certify that I am medically fit and able to take part in the event.
- I hereby agree to abide by any rules, directions and instructions of any race officials and their assistants.
- I undertake to wear an Australian Standards approved helmet at all times when MTB racing and practising the course.
- I undertake to practice the course before commencing the race, and if this is not possible, race with due regard to the knowledge that I have not examined the course.
- I hereby for myself, my heirs, executors or administrators, waive all and any fights of claims which I may otherwise have against Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd, and release their officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, public bodies, land holders, and sponsors from any and all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, damages or proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any personal injury, death, property damage or loss of description whatsoever which I may suffer or sustain in the course or the events or consequent upon my entry or participation in them.
- I hereby indemnify and hold harmless Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd, their officers, agents, contractors, and sponsors from and against all claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions, and proceedings of any nature whatsoever arising from any injury, loss or damage sustained by me or any injury, loss or damage suffered by any other person as a result of any act, omission, neglect or default on my part in connection with my participation in the event.
- I agree that if I suffer injury Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd can, at my cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation services as Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd deems essential for my safety. I hereby agree that I am responsible for my own medical and ambulance insurance and for medical and ambulance costs in the advent of an accident.
- I confirm that I am aware that a professional first aid medic will be on-site during the event and should I choose to complete a training ride anytime before the race start I do that on my own risk.
- I agree to allow my photograph, video, multimedia, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the organisers, sponsors, or others.
- I agree that my contact details can be used by Rocky Trail Entertainment Pty Ltd to keep me informed about upcoming events.
- I have read the liability release above and agree with all its provisions.
- If the rider is under the age of 18 years, consent of a parent or guardian is required.
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of the SARS-CoV-2 virus (the “novel coronavirus”) and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by the novel coronavirus by attending and/or participating in the event, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
- I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to the novel coronavirus or persons with the COVID-19 disease at the event may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, other participants or the organisers.
- I knowingly and voluntarily agree to comply with and adhere to all COVID-19-related safety and risk mitigation practices during my attendance and participation in the event, whether communicated verbally or in writing.
- I acknowledge and agree that my compliance with these safety and mitigation practices is not only for my own benefit but also for the benefit of other participants and the organisers of the event.
- I voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to the novel coronavirus or persons with the COVID-19 disease as a result from a failure to comply with such practices.
- I agree that Rocky Trail Entertainment can pass on contact details as well as timing data to Australian Health Authorities if they ask for it.
- In case newly introduced government regulations make running the event impossible my entry will automatically be transferred to a future Rocky Trail event. No refunds will be issued.