The Jetblack Wild Wombat will include two events in 2020 – a mountain biking event as well as a trail running event. There will be new rules and regulations to make sure we all adhere to social distancing and gathering laws currently in place.
All Rocky Trail events are operated under a strict Covid-19 safety plan until further notice. The main task for all race participants is to strictly observe social distancing throughout the whole event. We kindly ask that you stay at least 1.5m or 1 bike length apart from each other.
All final details will be emailed and published online (website, socials) in the Rider and Competitor Briefing. Here are some preliminary event specific details:
Important: Special COVID-19 Race Rules in place!
We are adapting our original MTB GP schedule and format slightly to comply with COVID-19 regulations and manage event participant traffic. – All competitors please sign up online and please note that event accreditation is mandatory for any spectator, supporter or media. You must sign up via the race portal (free admission for visitor accreditation, but limited spots)!
What we are trying to achieve with the schedule and format for this particluar Rocky Trail Running event:
Limit event gathering
You have a timing window – complete your challenge (1, 2 or 3 loops) from 8am, you determine your start time; last lap start is at 2pm.
Result: spread out runners throughout the day
Run a sustainable event model
We are aiming at establishing a trail running format that’s fun and challenging. We put even more safety measures in place to eliminate touch points based on venue-specific specifications.
Result: limited entries at 200 competitors
Mat-start racing for self-support
We have a loop and our timing set up allows runners to have a break in between laps. Once you have completed one lap your time stops and restarts again when you start the next lap.
Result: encourage self-supported racing
Keep our racing spirit strong
We will keep the #rockytrailracer spirit alive, still have the riders feel connected, excited and motivated. We will deliver the same challenge, toughness and the fun of it all.
Result: no ceremony but LIVE timing
How to get organised & Schedule:
We urge you to follow Social Distancing Guidelines throughout the day and for your visit to Mogo and Batemans Bay.
Please familiarise yourself with the Covid-19 rules and that you are a legally allowed to travel:
- SCHEDULES – please check your event’s schedule on the websites
- ARRIVAL – SOCIAL DISTANCING!
- We will mark out a designated Car Park and all Race Information will be communicated online via the website and the Virtual Rider / Competitor Briefing in the week before the race.
- Riders need to get race-ready in the car park (just as they would for a ride) and head to the Registration Tent to pick up the number plate / race big with timing chip.
- Spectators or Media must sign in via the online portal and also pick up an Event Access Pass on the day.
- We have photographers out on track; all race photos are included in your entry. You will receive a download link after the race.
- STARTS – procedures will be explained in the Rider / Competitor Briefing
- RACING – procedures will be explained in the Rider / Competitor Briefing
- FINISH: When you finish your race all huffing and puffing, please do that at least 2 metres away from any fellow competitor. All your results will be online and the podium ceremony will be virtually.
- THE ‘ENTERTAINMENT’ BIT: With these temporary adjustments, what will NOT change is how much we all love being outdoors and how much we enjoy the racing action! We’ll have music, we’ll have a laugh and we’ll all have a helluva day out together.
Get into the racing mood and listen to Rocky Trail Radio. Mista DJ Nige has been uploading some smashing choonz over the last few weeks – you must check out those Bike Beats!!
Click here to tune in!
Spectators and supporters
Spectators or Media must sign in via the online portal and also pick up an Event Access Pass on the day.
Rider/Competitor briefings, registration and podium ceremony
Rider and Competitor briefings will be done exclusively online and it is up to the rider to either read through it or watch the video.
- RACE WAIVER: We have added a few paragraphs in our waiver outlining the dangers of Covid-19 and the fact that you resume all responsibility in regards to possibly getting sick when at the event. Please have a read through it. By entering and attending the event you agree to this Rocky Trail waiver.
- PICK UP YOUR PLATE/BIB : With these formats we don’t expect any queues at the Rego/Timing Hub, but in case there are others lining up, please keep a distance of at least 1.5m or 1 bike length between each other.
- PRESENTATIONS: The podium presentation will also be done virtually after the race. All podium getters in the MTB event will receive a memento and all trail running finishers will receive a finisher medal.
IMPORTANT EVENT DETAILS YOU MUST KNOW
We have been implementing and operating under a strict Covid-19 Safety Plan. In the following, please read and acknowledge the event-specific rules, procedures and regulations:
- If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you have been to, in the past 2 weeks, or live in Victoria
- If you live or have been to a published Covid-19 Hot Spot
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu
- If you have even the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever)
- There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: You can only be on site on the day when you are racing.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive, park your car, get race-ready near your car, observice strict social distancing measures. Then make your way to the Rego Hub to pick up your number plate.
- Everyone attending must come to the Registrations tent to check in and receive a race plate, bib or access pass.
- Parking is along Deep Creek Dam Road, please follow instructions by our staff.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate/bib with the timing chip between 7:00am and 2pm on YOUR race day that you are registered for (Sat OR Sun).
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- After you register you can head out on track right away, timing equipment is set up and ready for racing by 9am in the MTB and 8am in the trail running event.
- No on the day practice.
- EVENT FINISH: 1pm and 4pm in the MTB, 1pm last start in trail running
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- Always keep 1.5m or a bike length between each other.
- When overtaking, give the rider/runner in front plenty of space.
- Be courteous to each other, no spitting, shouting, snot-rockets, coughing etc.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible and try to leave the car park as swiftly as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders/runners on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE online throughout the day.
- There won’t be an official CEREMONY to comply with social distancing laws. We will publish a virtual podium with winner photos as soon as we have those.
- FACILITIES & SERVICES:
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water – we will have emergency water supplies only. This is to minimise touch points.
- Catering: tbc
- Toilets: toilets on-site and we will service them regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- First Aid: will be based at the rego tent and roaming out on track.
- Mechanic: tbc.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event needs to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates/bibs.
Rider/Competitor List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider / Competitor List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the EVENT PAGE on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
If you feel sick – please don’t come,
you will get a refund.
If you feel the sniffles or something else coming on please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will refund you entry. No questions asked.
If you feel the sniffles or flu-like symptoms coming on, please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will be as forthcoming as possible with transferring your entry over to the next round. We reserve the right to deny entry if you have a fever or show flu-like symptoms.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING.