Racing is a matter of spirit not strength.
Race your way! The Rocky Trail Run is part of the Jetblack Wild Wombat Challenge in Mogo near Batemans Bay! Run the Deep Creek Dam loop 1x, 2x or 3x between 8am and 2pm! There are no start orders and we will set up the timing points so you can refuel in between laps.
Rocky Trail Entertainment was founded because we love riding our bikes and spending time out on ‘rocky trails’. Since then we have built an amazing community of mountain bikers. We now want to offer this community network and spread our passion for the outdoors among trail runners too!
You can choose between the following different challenges:
- Rocky Trail Run Single | 1 lap of the Dam Loop | 7km
- Rocky Trail Run Double | 2 laps of the Dam Loop | 14km
- Rocky Trail Run Triple | 3 laps of the Dam Loop | 21km
Entry fees Rocky Trail Run Mogo
- All race pictures are included in the entry fee!
- Finisher medals for all competitors who complete their challenge!
|$59||Rocky Trail Run Triple Adults|
3 laps of the Dam Loop | 21km
|$59||Rocky Trail Run Double Adults|
2 laps of the Dam Loop | 14km
|$49||Rocky Trail Run Single Adults|
1 lap of the Dam Loop | 7km
|$39||Rocky Trail Run Single Juniors U19|
1 lap of the Dam Loop | 7km
Competitors can choose to participate in Elite or their age group in male or female classifications.
Overview categories & age groups
Age determination date will be on 31 December of the year.
So the age you are at the end of the year determines your age category in male or female:
Info insurance and accompanying parents/guardians
- Prices include GST 10%
- You are responsible for your own personal accident insurance. Your own Medicare or Private Health insurance has always been the first contact point when it comes to personal accidents.
- Please be aware that kids under the age of 12 years are required to be accompanied by an adult for safety reasons. As the accompanying adult you can register for the race also to be in the rankings. If you don’t, you still have to come to registration to pick up your “Buddy Bib” – this is a free race bib that identifies you for timing and marshal crews as the kid’s buddy out on the track.
Our life on Rocky Trails
We know trails. Our life happens on trails and outdoors. When becoming a mum, one of our founders Juliane, started trail running behind her little boy who was a little keen shredder on his balance bike in the local bushland near their home – and fell in love with it.
Our founders were mountain bikers before they were entrepreneurs and they have been scouting, promoting and advocating trails for mountain bikers for over a decade.
Rocky Trail Entertainment was founded by Juliane and Martin Wisata who built it up over the past decade. It is now one of the major private mountain bike events promoters in Australia.
Since 2008 we have organised mountain bike competitions on ‘rocky trails’ across NSW and the ACT with gravity racing and cross-country lap-based events. Since 2019 we have a team based in Queensland and plans for events in VIC later this and next year are in the making.
Now, we’ve got to be upfront: the Mogo running race in 2020 was the very first, like ever, Rocky Trail Running event! And we couldn’t be more excited about the positive and encouraging feedback we got.
We know the power of being out in nature and the liberating feeling of focusing on simply navigating along a nature trail that let’s you escape everyday life for a while – whether it’s riding your bike or running.
Mogo. We’ve come to know about the Deep Creek Dam trails a few years ago and ran a mountain bike event there before.The trails are super fun, there’s not too much elevation and with this first event we need trail blazers, literally, to give us loads of feedback!
This is a town near Batemans Bay that needs support right now not only to keep dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, but they are still recovering from the devastating bushfires last summer. This is one of the main reasons we are so keen to return to the Eurobodalla. Because we’d love to establish this trail running race as a flagship event in the region for years to come, plus we know about lots of similar trails and track networks that we can take you to in future.
Mogo is near Batemans Bay in the magnificent Eurobodalla region on the NSW South Coast. Scroll down for more information of this #rockytraildestination!
Deep Creek Dam Loop | Deep Creek Dam Rd, Mogo NSW 2536 – enter via Eurobodalla Regional Botanic Garden access road.
About the race track & format
- We will be running on the Deep Creek Dam Loop, the same track that the mountain bikers will race on the day before. The MTB race will be lap-based, so the 8-9km loop will have to be completed as often as possible in the 4 or 7 hours by solo or relay team racers. The full loop for MTB is approximately 8-9km.
- In the Rocky Trail Run, we will have a start and finish timing point and the timed section on the above map is approximately 7km with an elevation of 128vm.
- We will be marking the trail on Thursday before the event and update all details then, if need be.
Schedule for Rocky Trail Run Sunday
8 am – 11 am You can pick up your number plate at the start
11am (approx.) Free kids running race near event centre
8 am – 2.00 pm RUN You can start anytime after 8 am.
1 pm Last Lap Start. You must start your final lap before this time.
- Race photography – all race images included in your entry!
- Race bib – chipped for online LIVE timing
- Marked race track
- Roaming race marshals on bikes to assist out on track
- Water: please bring your own water; we are trying to avoid touch points so refilling supplies will be for emergency use only.
- Catering: we are currently trying to secure a coffee van – to be confirmed
- Supplies: bananas and fresh fruit offered at event centre/in un-timed transition zone in line with our Covid-19 Safety Plan – please follow social distancing guidelines
- Kids race: we will find a 100-200m trail and will do fun time-trials for the little visitors. Depending on their age they can run this trail multiple times and eeeeeveryone’s a winner – we will have little giveaways and Certificates of Achievement for them.
- First Aid crew
- You can have a break in between laps. Once you have completed a lap your time stops and restarts again when you start the next lap.
- If you abandon the lap you can restart it.
- Because your time stops between laps you have plenty of time to eat, drink and refresh.
- The rules and regulations will be communicated directly in more detail via the Rider Briefing ahead of each event and our website and social media channels.
Destination & Plan your trip
Jetblack Wild Wombat 12 hour | Mogo 2018 Highlights
Check out what the Deep Creek Dam trails look like – here are photo highlights from our MTB event there in 2018:
About Rocky Trail
Welcome to the Alpenflow EPIC Weekend – four days of racing on the ‘rocky trails’ of the Alpine High Country at and around Mt Buller! This is some general information for race participants and visitors to Mt Buller on the weekend. What awaits you: the Fox Superflow enduro-style MTB action with loads of send, massive gnar,
FINALLY! We’ve been waiting for this! – The Alpenflow Epic at Mt Buller will be Rocky Trail’s very first racing weekend in Victoria and with many regulars rearing to go, packing their bags and polishing their bikes, we can’t wait to have brand-new #rockytrailracers hitting the trails at Mt Buller with us on the 5-8 March long weekend! First
The Alpenflow Epic is a 4-day mountain bike event at Mt Buller organised by Rocky Trail Entertainment. Planned across a long weekend it invites outdoor and trail adventurers to bring bikes and gear and the fambam for an unforgettable Alpine event experience in Victoria’s High Country. Basically: Everything you love about ‘rocky trails’ in the
Shimano MTB GP, a 4 and 7 hour solo/team Mountain Biking Event – part of the 2020 Jetblack Wild Wombat event: Sat, 31 October
Fantastic, well run events with character!
Well run event, friendly service, good course markings and priced reasonably. Thanks for a good day out.
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)