Rocky Trail Entertainment returns to Mt Buller Resort with a packed weekend of “Alpenflow” racing!
The mountain bike lifestyle event kicks off with a Rocky Trail Academy High Country Schools Competition on the Friday we are bringing two days of enduro gravity action to Buller. On the weekend the Fox Superflow® puts on two back to back VIC 2022 Series Rounds on Saturday and Sunday with points available on both days, loads of send, massive gnar, spectacular climbs, fast and flowy descents for the gravity guns. Saturday’s Gran Fondo-style marathon Alpenflow EPIC Ride promises an Alpine cross-country adventure like no other.
There will also be loads of entertainment, of course with the premiere of the Australian MTB Film Fest plus more racing action – fun for the kids, juniors and those “big kids” too on all kinds of bikes – with and without those “e’s”.
Rocky Trail’s National Event Manager Jo Parker says that this event will challenge the competitors and entertain its visitors.
“We will stage stage all these activities in the majestic Alpine surrounds of Mt Buller and Mt Stirling and deliver amazing adventures and experiences. Lots of things to do for the accompanying families while racing is happening – we have all the resort and event services up on our website. People will be spoilt for choice!”
Jo Parker said that 120 juniors from 20 schools as well as independent students were taking part in the Rocky Trail Academy event and that 250-300 competitors were expected to race in the first two VIC rounds of the Fox Superflow® Series on the weekend.
“We have a line-up of 45 events this year all along the East Coast of Australia and in March and April we have our Fox Superflow® Series in VIC with Buller hosting the first two series events. For anyone serious about mountains and trails, Mt Buller is a must-do experience and we’re excited to have Buller on the 2022 calendar again.”
The Rocky Trail founder Martin Wisata will lead the Alpenflow EPIC Ride and said, that he had been looking for a marathon track like the Epic trail to launch into Victoria last year. “The trails are fantastic and in such good shape right now. We can call this an ‘epic’ kind of ride for a ton of good reasons!” He added that his fellow riders could look forward to alpine terrain, massive panoramic views, river crossings, big climbs, flowy descents and a finish in a beautiful mountain village – hot coffee or a cold beer right across the line waiting for the finishers.
This will be the second Alpenflow weekend by Rocky Trail at Buller and Resort Management Board CEO, Mark Bennetts said,
“We’re looking forward to working with the team at Rocky Trail Entertainment to host this new multi-day event which will showcase our fantastic trail network, as well as offer activities and entertainment that will appeal to everyone. After what has been a challenging year for the region, we can’t wait to get back on our feet and welcome visitors back to enjoy this lifestyle event.”
Supporting young content creators on rocky trails
The weekend will also see the launch of a new initiative by Rocky Trail, the Australian MTB Film Fest. Says Marketing Director Juliane Wisata,
“The Australian MTB Film Fest is all about building the profile of filmers and connecting them to brands. Entries are open to everyone, we are committed to help young filmers, editors and content-creating riders, as they are as much a part of riding as anyone else shredding the trails. We want to foster that creative process beyond a reel.”
Wisata said that the theme chosen was ‘Good News’. “It seems these days the bad news dominate our social and information feeds and we want to spread some positive content as part of this process of finding our winning Aust. Film Fest Creator for 2022. We think there is real value to the community, the sport and also to sponsors.”
The 2022 film entries will be on show at the Buller Cinema on Sunday from 5pm, then judged for seven days on their performance statistics including reach and engagement. The winner will join the Rocky Trail content creator pool for 2022 and will receive $1,000 in prize money to fund a production at any Rocky Trail event this year.
Event & Media information:
- Weekend schedule: click here
- Event Hub: Clock tower on Village Square
- Event Briefing: click here
- Friday: Rocky Trail Academy High Country Schools Competition. Rocky Trail Academy is the junior development programme that takes the stoke factor to 11! This will be an ‘epic edition’ with timed flow trail sections. It’s fun and all about building confidence. Find out more…
- Saturday: Alpenflow Epic Ride. A cross-country adventure at altitude at its best, let the trails do the talking: Australian Alpine Epic Trail, Delatite River Run, River Spur, Circuit Road, Cornhill Road plus Split Rock then keep going on an ‘epic climb’ for the full distance (~70km). Find out more…
- Saturday: Fox Superflow® – Vic Round 1. The Fox Superflow® is Australia’s most popular gravity enduro series! For Round 1 of the VIC Series we are racing ABOM and Copperhead trails – shuttle on Saturday is included in the entry fee. Find out more…
- Sunday: Fox Superflow® – Vic Round 2. Round 2 of the VIC Fox Superflow® Series – we’re racing Misty Twisty, Clancy’s Run, and Gang Gangs – enduro-style riding to the starts! Find out more…
- Sunday 5pm: Australian Film Fest Launch at Buller Cinema. This is the launch of this year’s entries. An initiative in the form of an Australian Film Fest to help build the profile of filmers and content creators and connecting to brands. Riders, brands, communities, bike parks, anyone who wants, can enter a film. Find out more…
Photos may be used free of charge in relation to reporting on Rocky Trail events or activities only. For further information, contact email@example.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.