Friday: Majura Pines & Mount Majura Vineyard
7.5km loop commencing from the Mount Majura Winery and finishing in the forecourt of the winery. Categories offered are 1 or 3 laps per rider.
- 2:00 pm Registration opens
- 4:00 pm Race start on 7.5km loop around Majura Pines trail network
- Early evening Social late-afternoon and evening with food & beverage catering and tastings at Mount Majura Vineyard
XC racing at its best on the iconic Majura Pines mountain bike trails. The evening will feature a DJ, wine-tastings and delicious local and regional foods, a paradise for cyclists and foodies!
Saturday: Stromlo Forest Park to Vikings Club Tuggeranong via Pine Island and return
Today we will take you to Kambah Pools and Pine Island via the Centenary Trail and along the banks of the iconic Murrumbidgee River and back. This route has never been used in an organised cycling event before and will be an incredible experience!
A 43km loop with start and finish at Stromlo Forest Park – 29km liaison sections with two timed stages (13km and 1km). Support includes course marshals, roaming event officials, volunteers and first aid responders, 2 feed stations, lead riders and sweep riders.
The layout of the route and timed race stages will ensure both elite and amateur participants will thoroughly enjoy their day out on the bike.
- 8:00 am Registration opens at Stromlo Forest Park (SFP)
- 9:00 am Roll-out onto 43km loop to Pine Island
- 10:00 am – 1 pm Rocky Trail Kids MTB Fair by Dynamic Motivation at SFP
- 10:00am – 9 pm Hills and Hops Spring Festival by The Handlebar at SFP
- from 11.30 am riders arrive back at SFP
- 2pm Day 2 Ceremony Terra in the Berra
- from 3pm e-bike invite-only challenge up the 4X track in reverse (email Rocky Trail to get an invite)
- from 6pm pump track challenge in cooperation with resident “Handlebar Cafe”
Back at Stromlo Forest Park an e-Bike Demo will offer test-riding opportunities and a show competition on the four cross track with an invite-only race as well a pump track challenge by the local crew from “The Handlebar Cafe”.
Sunday: AMB100 Marathon at Stromlo Forest Park
Supported by the Australian Mountain Bike Magazine and in 2019 by Events ACT, the AMB 100 Marathon is on of Rocky Trail’s flagship cross-country events, established in 2010.
With its unique ‘monster circuit’ at Stromlo Forest Park. The event offers a 25-30km race loop, connecting the most trail sections of any event held at Stromlo Forest Park.
Depending on their chosen race option, Terra in the Berra participants will do one or two laps.
The mass race start at 8am will launch the single, double and triple lap races. By then the growing number of marathon addicts will have completed almost a third of their race – the five-lap ‘Miler’ kicks off at 5am with views of a glorious sunrise over the Capital.
- 4:30-5:00 am Registration for Miler racers
- 5:00 am Race Start Miler
- 6:00-7:30 am Registration open to pick up your number plate
- 7:45 am Rider briefing, be race ready
- 8:00 am Mass race start Triple, Double, Single
- 8:00 am Mass start Terra in the Berra racers who complete Double (RACE) or Single (EXPERIENCE) loop
- approx. 10:00 am Kid’s race. No need to register them beforehand. Just sign them up at the start of the race.
- from approx. 12:00 am Presentations. As soon as we have a full podium in each category we will call you up and hand out certificates and prizes
- 2:00 pm You must start your last lap before 2pm in order to be in the results