Mt Joyce Weather Update: Sunday Park closure due to heat

Weather Update: 26 Nov 2020, 3pm

Dear #rockytrailracers,

We have been informed this afternoono by the land managers of our Fox Superflow venue for this weekend, SEQWATER, that the Wyaralong Trail Network will be closed on Sunday due to the forecast hot conditions and related high fire danger.

The expected weather forecast for Lake Wyaralong from Sunday 29th November indicate very high fire danger and an increased risk of bushfires across South East Queensland.
The entire Wyaralong trail network (from Eastern Trail head and including, Mt Joyce mountain bike trails, Shoreline, Ridgeline, Crows Ash, Mununjali Circuit) will be closed from Sunday through to Wednesday 2nd December. Conditions will be reassessed as forecasts become available.

Official statement by SEQ Water

Read full SEQ Statement

We therefore will transfer all Sunday race entries to the Saturday automatically – the day’s schedule is the same, please refer to the RIDER BRIEFING for more information.

Registered for SUNDAY?

You have two options:

  1. If you CAN race on the Saturday – you don’t have to do anything, your entry is automatically transferred and we see you at the venue for rego from 7am and timing from 8am as per the RIDER BRIEFING.
  2. If you CAN NOT make the Saturday – we will refund your entry. To request a refund, please email and add:
    • REFUND in the subject line
    • Rider name(s) in the message body

We appreciate your understanding the the refund process might take a few days, however, we will endeavour to process all refund requests swiftly.

We are very sorry if this is causing any issues to you but hope that most of you have time to race with us on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you there.

Jo, Bob and the Rocky Trail Team

Do you have any questions?

Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)