28 October 2023 – Haunted Hills Pumptrack
Get ready, get loud – we are returning to Haunted Hills with an epic Pump Track race!
We still have an open account with the Pump Track at Haunted Hills – our first edition there was impacted by rain, so this year we are literally “pumped” to put on an awesome show! Due to popular demand we are splitting the competition into two sessions (Junior and Senior) of action packed excitement. This will allow for more riders more fun!
Check out this INSANE Pump Track layout at Haunted Hills!
It is time to merge the BMX world with the MTB world with 1 day of racing dedicated to Pump & Flow! Grab you bike any size and head to the perfect pumptrack racing venue in the middle of town. Due to popular demand we are splitting the competition into two sessions (Junior and Senior) of action packed excitement. This will allow for more riders more fun, the action starts at midday!
The Sugar Bag pumptrack has been perfectly designed to provide equal head to head racing. With the landscaped spectator seating area and newly installed pump track lighting we will be in for a treat.
Grab you buddy and register now to secure your spot on the Pump & Flow
How does it work?
Racers can clock in multiple race times throughout the day and the fastest group of racers in male and female classifications for juniors and seniors will progress through the final Pump & Flow Shootout Heat.
There will be 4 heats to determine the outright Male and Female winners. Race participants across a wide range of age groups can clock in multiple race times and the fastest group of racers in male and female classifications will progress through the final Shootout Heat. Each event will stipulate the size of the heats, so check out the race rules for Sugar Bag below – we are able to customise each race perfectly to the type of pump track we’re racing on!
And here’e the kicker – you will also race for rankings across age categories based on your fastest time throughout the day in additional male and female adult and junior age classifications!
So keep pumping, keep pedalling and keep clocking those times in to get to the SHOOTOUT final heat – the crowd will be watching and cheering for you, LIVE onsite and online!
The newest dedicated Mountain bike park to be built in Victoria over the past two years. This is sure to draw a crowd. Machine built XC flow trails with ample fire roads for passing and great valley views. Spectators will be in for a treat with clear viewing of racers descending down the winding hill slope into the event hub.
- Event parking will be located offsite with a shuttle service operating in the morning and at the end of competition. A designated drop zone will operate from the Event Hub. We recommend car pooling if possible. Schools with buses will be asked to unload and park at the Bryants Park Hill climb centre. Click here for parking map.
- We have two offsite parking areas –
- PRIMARY SITE – Bryants Park Hill Climb venue located along Bill Schultz drive. A shuttle bus will be operating to and from this site only.
- A limited 4wd parking area is available at the top of the hill above the cemetery entrance. Please note this area is wet and care must be taken. Walking access to the event hub is available follow the yellow signs.
Rules and Format
- Bikes must have at least 1 working brake.
- Wheelsize – open to all wheel sizes.
- Helmets must always be worn whilst using the pump track. Rocky Trail recommends the use of additional protective equipment including but not limited to knee and elbow pads and full fingered gloves.
- A single timing point will be clearly marked. The rider gets up to speed, time starts running as soon as the rider crosses the start / finish timing unit, time stops when the rider crosses the unit again.
- Course will be marked. Riders must stay on the course. If riders shortcut the track, the rider’s run will not count and riders will be warned. A rider who regularly short cuts may be relegated to last place in the heat or final.
- Racers must have a race plate fitted to their handlebars of their bike as instructed.
All registered riders are welcome to have multiple runs to set their fastest times. Results will be posted live online.
- The number of riders to qualify to progress to the next heat may be adjusted before the heat starts depending on total registered riders and the time.
- Finals will either be time trials or head-to-head at the discretion of the Race Director and depending on the track.
- Time Trial Format
For the finals riders will only have 2 attempts to set the fast time.
Start order will be slowest qualifier to fastest qualifier
- Head-to-Head Format
Riders will be seeded as per the elimination tree (i.e. 1st v 16th, …… 2nd v 15th)
The 2 riders must start together at the whistle… Jumping the start will result in relegation
The finish will be judged by a panel. Ties will be awarded to the fastest qualifier.
- Time Trial Format
- There will be 2 main categories for racing “Men” and “Women”. They will race at the same time in an open session in each Heat but separately for the Final. Dedicated sessions may be scheduled during the Heats depending on the number of entries.
- There will also be “Age Categories” offered and they will be determined at the end of racing with riders ranked in their category based on their fastest time clocked throughout the day.
$30 per rider
|Day & Details||TIME|
|Friday – Haunted Hills MTB Park Trails|
|Rocky Trail Academy Schools Comp||9:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|Saturday – Pump Track Haunted Hills|
|Rocky Trail Pump & Flow Registration And Plate Collection||2:00 PM|
|Competition Starts||3:00 PM|
|Open session Qualifications||3:00 PM – 4:30 PM|
|Eliminator Heats||4:30 PM – 5.00 PM|
|Finals||5:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Sunday – Haunted Hills MTB Park Trails|
|Shimano MTB GP Race (lap-based endurance race, 4H limit)||9:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Male and Female racers!
“The team ran an awesome event over the weekend. I’ve been racing for 9 years and their organisation and positive energy matches that of national and international events. I’ll definitely be back with my team.”
Fantastic, well run events with character!
Central Gippsland and Latrobe City is the perfect place for a getaway with cool, temperate rainforests, amazing walking and cycling tracks, 90 miles of unspoiled beaches, an abundance of lakes and rivers, spectacular views and a myriad of heritage to sink yourself into. Covering an expanse that reaches from the rugged high country right down…
Event information and media release for immediate distribution Effervelo – A Champagne Gravel Quest. Imagine cruising on super smooth, compacted roads that feel like popping champagne bubbles. The first Effervelo event takes you on a gravel adventure through the breathtaking Australian landscape of the Brindabella Ranges just 30 min outside of Canberra! EFFERVELO – Rocky…
Get ready for an action-packed four-day mountain biking extravaganza on the ‘sweet’ Sugar Bag Trails of the Sunshine Coast! Promoted as a “Rocky Trail Explorer Series,” Australia’s leading private mountain bike event promoter is set to make a thrilling return to Sugar Bag MTB Park. 4 EVENTS OVER 4 DAYS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST The…
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)