22 July 2023 – Sugar Bag Pumptrack
Get ready, get loud – we are returning to Sugar Bag with an epic Pumptrack race! The Rocky Trail Pump & Flow Race is powered by Marzocchi – every entry scores the chance to WIN a set of Marzocchi Bomber forks!
It is time to merge the BMX world with the MTB world with 1 day of racing dedicated to Pump & Flow! Grab you bike any size and head to the perfect pumptrack racing venue in the middle of town. Due to popular demand we are splitting the competition into two sessions (Junior and Senior) of action packed excitement. This will allow for more riders more fun, the action starts at midday!
The Sugar Bag pumptrack has been perfectly designed to provide equal head to head racing. With the landscaped spectator seating area and newly installed pump track lighting we will be in for a treat.
Grab you buddy and register now to secure your spot on the Pump & Flow powered by Marzocchi!
How does it work?
Racers can clock in multiple race times throughout the day and the fastest group of racers in male and female classifications for juniors and seniors will progress through the final Pump & Flow Shootout Heat.
There will be 4 heats to determine the outright Male and Female winners. Race participants across a wide range of age groups can clock in multiple race times and the fastest group of racers in male and female classifications will progress through the final Shootout Heat. Each event will stipulate the size of the heats, so check out the race rules for Sugar Bag below – we are able to customise each race perfectly to the type of pump track we’re racing on!
And here’e the kicker – you will also race for rankings across age categories based on your fastest time throughout the day in additional male and female adult and junior age classifications!
- First Session – Juniors 5 to U15
- Second Session – Seniors U17+
So keep pumping, keep pedalling and keep clocking those times in to get to the SHOOTOUT final heat – the crowd will be watching and cheering for you, LIVE onsite and online!
Sugar Bag Mountain Bike Trails and Pump Track, Caloundra West, Sunshine Coast QLD
We are right in the middle of Caloundra and the perfect ‘rocky trail’ venue: an amazing array of trails, a dedicated local club with the Caloundra Off Road Cycling Association (CORCA) plus a council committed to ongoing investment into the sport of Mountain Biking – you will love it as much as we do, we’re sure! We would like to thank the Sunshine Coast Council for their support.
This event is part of a 4-day Rocky Trail Racing line-up – all info here!
Rules and Format
- Bikes must have at least 1 working brake.
- Wheelsize – open to all wheel sizes.
- Helmets must always be worn whilst using the pump track. Rocky Trail recommends the use of additional protective equipment including but not limited to knee and elbow pads and full fingered gloves.
- A single timing point will be clearly marked. The rider gets up to speed, time starts running as soon as the rider crosses the start / finish timing unit, time stops when the rider crosses the unit again.
- Course will be marked. Riders must stay on the course. If riders shortcut the track, the rider’s run will not count and riders will be warned. A rider who regularly short cuts may be relegated to last place in the heat or final.
- Racers must have a race plate fitted to their handlebars of their bike as instructed.
All registered riders are welcome to have multiple runs to set their fastest times. Results will be posted live online.
- The number of riders to qualify to progress to the next heat may be adjusted before the heat starts depending on total registered riders and the time.
- Finals will either be time trials or head-to-head at the discretion of the Race Director and depending on the track.
- Time Trial Format
For the finals riders will only have 2 attempts to set the fast time.
Start order will be slowest qualifier to fastest qualifier
- Head-to-Head Format
Riders will be seeded as per the elimination tree (i.e. 1st v 16th, …… 2nd v 15th)
The 2 riders must start together at the whistle… Jumping the start will result in relegation
The finish will be judged by a panel. Ties will be awarded to the fastest qualifier.
- Time Trial Format
- There will be 2 main categories for racing “Men” and “Women”. They will race at the same time in an open session in each Heat but separately for the Final. Dedicated sessions may be scheduled during the Heats depending on the number of entries.
- There will also be “Age Categories” offered and they will be determined at the end of racing with riders ranked in their category based on their fastest time clocked throughout the day.
$30 per rider
|Day & Details||TIME|
|21 July Thursday & 22 July Friday – Sugar Bag trails|
|Rocky Trail Academy Schools Comp||9:00 AM – 2:00 PM|
|22 July: Saturday – Pump Track Sugar Bag|
|Rocky Trail Pump & Flow Registration And Plate Collection||Midday|
|First Session 5yr to U15|
|Open Junior session Qualifications||1:00 PM – 2:00 PM|
|Eliminator Heats (top 16)||2:30 PM to 3.00 PM|
|Finals (Top 8 invitation to Open session – Free of charge)||3:00 PM – 3:30 PM|
|Second Session U17 and up|
|Open session qualification||4:00 PM – 5:30 PM|
|Elimination Heats||5:30 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Finals||6:00 PM – 7:00 PM|
|Announcement Winner of Marzocchi Fork||7:10 PM|
|23 July: Sunday – Sugar Bag trails|
|Shimano MTB GP Race||9:00 AM – 1:30 PM|
Sugar Bag MTB Trails – Sugar Bag Rd, Caloundra West QLD 4551
Limited onsite parking is available on site.
Plenty of overflow parking available in the local area, be considerate to the residents, ensure no driveways are blocked.
Offsite Parking areas available are:
- Caloundra High School Carpark
- Power Line easement access from Mark Road East (lower industrial area)
- Street parking Mark Road & Enterprise Road
- Registration Tent with live timing, merch and race info
- Neutral bike support in case of a mechanical
- Mountain bike equipment displays and demonstrations
- Music and live race updates
- Professional First Aid
- Toilet facilities
- Water: Bring your own supplies
- Declans Cafe will be open and operating for the duration of the event. Grab a burger from the BBQ.
- We’ll be updating our list of suppliers closer to the date.
“The Naturally Refreshing Sunshine Coast, official destination partner for the event.”
Destination & Plan your Trip
This race is supported by Sunshine Coast Regional Council and we would like to thank the local CORCA Club for their endorsement!
Central Gippsland and Latrobe City is the perfect place for a getaway with cool, temperate rainforests, amazing walking and cycling tracks, 90 miles of unspoiled beaches, an abundance of lakes and rivers, spectacular views and a myriad of heritage to sink yourself into. Covering an expanse that reaches from the rugged high country right down…
Event information and media release for immediate distribution Effervelo – A Champagne Gravel Quest. Imagine cruising on super smooth, compacted roads that feel like popping champagne bubbles. The first Effervelo event takes you on a gravel adventure through the breathtaking Australian landscape of the Brindabella Ranges just 30 min outside of Canberra! EFFERVELO – Rocky…
Get ready for an action-packed four-day mountain biking extravaganza on the ‘sweet’ Sugar Bag Trails of the Sunshine Coast! Promoted as a “Rocky Trail Explorer Series,” Australia’s leading private mountain bike event promoter is set to make a thrilling return to Sugar Bag MTB Park. 4 EVENTS OVER 4 DAYS ON THE SUNSHINE COAST The…
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)