Full face helmets, big suspension, high-speed, rock drops, gap jumps and full gas!
Hiya RedAss downhillers! Thanks for your patience over the past few weeks while we got in touch with our partner clubs to line up dates and venues for this year’s series for you! So here is the plan:
Date & Venue RedAss Downhill Championships:
Champs: Rocky Trail, Thredbo – 30 March 2019
Dates for the RedAss DH Club rounds are:
Round 1: CCMTB, Ourimbah – 19 May 2019
Round 2: WSMTB, Del Rio – 23 June 2019
Round 3: HMBA, Awaba – 21 July 2019
Round 4: NWMTBC, Mt Borah – 8 September 2019 (TBC)
About the RedAss Downhill State Series:
Rocky Trail’s roots are in gravity racing and we continue to support and nurture the NSW and ACT downhill racing scene, promoting the RedAss Downhill Series. Together with the main DH clubs in NSW we are bringing you a series based on the success of 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Over the next few months we will be presenting the Club Rounds via our website and you can stay and get in touch with the Clubs via the RedAss Downhill Facebook portal – all club officials are administrators of the page and will be publishing updates about their rounds and can answer questions right away. It’s also a great way to chat to fellow riders and exchange questions and experiences!
About the RedAss Downhill State Champs:
We will kick off our DH season with the ultimate weekend of Gravity Racing at one of THE most popular downhill destinations in NSW – Thredbo! Events include a Fox Superflow State race on Sunday and the RedAss NSW/ACT Downhill State Championships will happen on the Saturday.
Thredbo is the ideal playground for racers – the downhillers practice all Saturday and will get the chance to sneak in a Fox Superflow race.
Downhill racing will be on SATURDAY on the challenging and steep Thredbo downhill track. Both tracks will be marked and open for practice on the Friday; Thredbo MTB will offer discounted lift tickets for all racers on that day. Rocky Trail event entries will include lift tickets for the weekend; combo-entries for both events will be offered.
FAQ’s about the Thredbo Champs:
- Does the price include liftpass?
- Yes, it includes Saturday’s liftpass.
- Can I practice the track beforehand?
- Yes you can. The track is open and on Friday and all racers can get a discounted lift ticket. You can purchase Friday’s ticket at the Thredbo sports shop.
- I heard there is a Superflow race on the same weekend – can I enter both?
- Absolutely! We are running the Fox Superflow on the same weekend so the place will be buzzing with gravity MTBing all weekend. You can purchase the extra entry as an add-on during the registration process.