Welcome to the Alpenflow EPIC Weekend – four days of racing on the ‘rocky trails’ of the Alpine High Country at and around Mt Buller! This is some general information for race participants and visitors to Mt Buller on the weekend.
What awaits you: the Fox Superflow enduro-style MTB action with loads of send, massive gnar, spectacular climbs, fast and flowy descents for the gravity guns. The Gran Fondo-style marathon Alpenflow EPIC Ride promises an Alpine cross-country adventure like no other. Trail running and women’s only categories on some of the most beautifully scenic trails. There will also be racing action for kids, juniors and the “big kids” and all kinds of bikes – with and without those “e’s”.
This event will challenge the competitors and entertain its visitors. Rocky Trail will stage all these activities in the majestic Alpine surrounds of Mt Buller and Mt Stirlingand deliver amazing adventures and experiences. Lots of things to do for the fambam while you race and even more memories waiting to be made together when you’re back (with those sore legs!).
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
This is a general rider briefing and customised information for the Rocky Trail Academy and Fox Superflow will be emailed out to all relevant race participants. Copies can be found on the RIDER BRIEFING Section of our website:
We are so grateful for the outpour of support and enthusiasm by our Rocky Trail riders through 2020. We have been able to deliver successful events through the support of our. Community and with their assistance to ride within the constraints COVID 19 presented. We need to continue to comply to social distancing and other COVID rules to continue to run events.
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks. Face masks are not required outdoors but it is always a good idea to carry one if you intend on going into one of the Buller shop outlets.
- We are tracking all event participants – non-racing supporters and ANY visitor at the venue are required to sign in at the registrations tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
#rockytrailacademy #foxsuperflow #alpenflowepic
ABOUT the venue
Event centre and parking location: Mount Buller
- The Event Hub is located centrally in the Alpine Village square, 1 Summit Road Mount Buller. When arriving by car look for the big Blue Shimano Arch, turn left and follow the road around into the village carpark.
- The Rocky Trail Registration hub will be positioned on the stage below the clock tower looking into the inner village square.
- Parking is available in the Alpine Village square and surrounding streets/avenues. All event participants are asked to park in the vicinity of the Mt Buller Village and surrounding streets/avenues, there is a large car park behind Village Square Plaza, plenty of spots along Summit Road past the Clocktower and also along The Avenue immediately behind the Kooroora Hotel. You will find that there are plenty of spots close to the event hub in the Village Square – we ask you to follow the signage. Please do not park in either the Lower Tyrol car park or at Spurs (top of the gravity zone) as these areas are reserved for the Blue Dirt MTB shuttle pickup and drop down locations and vehicles only. Thank you for your understanding.
Services and facilities:
Support the following local business for all your riding needs;
- Village Bike Café
- Buller Grocer – limited hours
- The Coffee Garage – bfast & Lunch
- The Kooroora Hotel – lunch & dinner
- All Terrian Cycles will assist with any bike or gear needs
- Krush bikewash – Village Square
- 299Bikes – Merch and jerseys available
- Water: Please bring your own drinking water, we will not have shared water.
- Toilets: there is a public amenities block on-site and we will service it regularly. Disinfectant and wipes will be provided.
- Medical: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
Sat Arvo Sesh –
Head to the Village Square for 4pm live beats by DJ Mista Nige and Rocky Trail Radio powered by earSHOTS, giveaways with Bike Café and happy hour, street food or the warm comfortable Kooroora Hotel, book your table NOW!
Sunday Pump Shesh –
Village square and Mt Buller Pump track combined. Support the Rocky trail runners heading into the hills before DJ Mista Nige cranks the tunes and kicks of the action at the Village pump track. Grab your number plate join the crew and let hometown MC Ben Annear entertain into the night. A Bonanza BBQ will be operating on the deck of Kooroora.
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about. School Managers gather your team before racing to capture the perfect shot for the Year Book and help promote Mountain Biking in your school.
Perfect Alpine weather expected – 5 words: Sunny. Crisp. Perfect. Race. Conditions
If due to unforeseen weather circumstances and we need to cancel on the day we will post a message on our website and facebook pages.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Come along and join the team to make the Rocky trail Academy a great success for the Region!
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 300 per day (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in NSW) you can see right away that we still err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh, but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the Covid-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the ACT Government and observe strict Social Distancing Rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Non-racing supporters and ANY visitor at the venue are required to sign in for an Event Access Pass ahead of the race as we are tracking all event participants! – Request your Access Pass AHEAD of the event via these links:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until Friday.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- We have exclusive use of the trail network. For public trail access, please check the Alpenflow EPIC Schedule page.
- if you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online and report to the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- You can practice on non-racing days, but we won’t have any services (marshalls, first aid) in place.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer: Rocky Trail water bottle.
- IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR RACE RESULTS with us or as soon as you cross the line! The top three podium getters in each age category will receive their podium medal.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
- Non-competitors will need to sign on via the online system.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good .
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)