Fox Rollercoaster #Enduro State Round 3, sealed by Stan’s
Stromlo Forest Park, 30 April 2017
last updated: 26 April 2017
Round 3 is going to be held at the mountain bike heaven that is Stromlo Forest Park!
At Stromlo we will have 4 tracks and you race each track once. Combined times count. You will have to ride to the start of the tracks. No shuttles will be provided. All tracks will be marked on the Saturday already for in-official practice before the Sunday race.
This has been one of the THE most popular enduro tracks on our calendar since we launched the Rollercoaster back in 2012 – it’s a must-attend race and has been known to sell out at Stromlo. Entries are capped at 220, so grab yours quickly!
Share your race experience with us – use the official event hashtags:
#rockytrailracer #foxrollercoaster #ridefox
- Online registration closes on Saturday, 29 April at 11am, unless sold out prior.
- If you are between 19 and 29 years old you can choose whether you race Elite or Expert. If you are over 30 you can race within your age group or choose to race Elite or Expert.
- Elite and Expert are the top racing categories with Elite being for the more experienced riders who have been racing for a while.
- Age groups: whatever the age of the rider will be on 31st December will determine his age classification and category.
>> What’s included in your race entry
- FREE rider photos by OuterImage.com.au thanks to major sponsor RIDE Fox Australia and hydration partner Stan’s, via JetBlack Cycling Australia
- Download your photos after the event from the online portal
The venue is Stromlo Forest Park and it is off Cotter Road in Canberra (ACT).
You get to Cotter Road via the Tuggeranong Parkway. Once on Cotter road, continue onto John Gorton Drive until you get to Opperman Avenue. Turn left at the traffic lights on Opperman Avenue and continue until you reach Stromlo Forest Park. There is a big round about at the entrance; you will see the car park where the main event centre is located.
More information about Stromlo Forest Park can be found here: www.stromloforestpark.com.au
It is a public MTB track and you can ride it in the lead up to the race.
You can camp at the Stromlo car park and event centre on the night before the race but please note that the gates shut at around 7pm.
Accommodation partner: Pacific Suites Canberra
Pacific suites Canberra is delighted to offer the following accommodation offer for the upcoming
AMB 100 Marathon, Fox Rollercoaster Superflow Round 3, sealed by Stan’s and Shimano MTB GP events in Stromlo:
15% off the Best Available Rate for our spacious apartments Exclusive to Rocky Trail Racers!
Check out all the details on our website!
- Trails will be marked on Saturday for in-official practice
- We will offer afternoon registration at the event centre
- On Sunday registration starts at 8am
- We will have a compulsory rider briefing at midday.
- 4 tracks and 1 timed run per track
- combined time counts
- no shuttles – neutral rides to the starts
We should have a preliminary rider list online by Thursday evening and then update it with the final details by Friday evening. Progress results will be posted on Sunday afternoon after the prize ceremony.
>> How does the timing work?
- Follow this YouTube link for a quick 43 sec overview
- During the race you can have your chip read out after each race run
- Accumulated race times are displayed on a screen in the event centre
- IMPORTANT: please hand back the timing chip after the race
Here is the race track map. We will have 4 tracks and you race each track once. You can pick the race order yourself. Combined times count. You will have to ride to the start of the tracks. No shuttles will be provided.
You can check your race times in between runs or at the end back at the event centre.
The crew from Dynamic Motivation is offering shuttle services on the Friday and Saturday – check out their website for tickets. http://dynamicmotivation.com.au/pages/bus-shuttles
>> Amenities and Food
There are hot showers and toilets at Stromlo Forest Park, they have a great set up of facilities.
There are several water tabs in the park and in the event centre.
On Sunday we will have a catering and coffee van come out to the event centre – they will serve hot and cold drinks, as well as yummy pasta and sandwiches, snacks and sweet treats.
The Flowbikes / Mondraker Australia crew will be on-site also to help with mechanicals; they’ll have a basic selection of spares as well; if you need any specific parts, please bring them along so they can fix it all for you.