SERIES FINALE – Fox Rollercoaster #Enduro State Round 5, hydrated by CamelBak
Stromlo Forest Park, 9 August 2015
last updated: 5 August 2015
This is the 2015 Series finale, people – and it’s going to be held at the mountain bike heaven that is Stromlo Forest Park!
At Stromlo we will have 2 or 3 tracks and you race each track once. Combined times count. You will have to ride to the start of the tracks. No shuttles will be provided. All tracks will be marked on the Saturday already for inofficial practice before the Sunday race.
This has been one of the THE most popular enduro tracks on our calendar since we launched the Rollercoaster back in 2012 – it’s a must-attend race and has been known to sell out at Stromlo. Entries are capped at 220, so grab yours quickly!
Ride Fox 2016 Product Launch at the Fox Rollercoaster!
We are excited that the Ride Fox Australia crew will be at Stromlo Forest Park with us and they will officially launch their 2016 product range this weekend! The new MY16 product will be on display and you can test ride the brand-new FLOAT 34-trail and 36-all mountain fork models and get all the info directly from the expert team.
For this weekend, Fox Australia has partner up with Lespit Cycles who will also sell the FOX clothing including the sweet hats on the day. They will also provide additional technical support, bringing spare break pads, tubes and tires.
Say G’day to the international Fox Ambassadors who will be racing with us as well!
Share your race experience with us – use the official event hashtags:
#rockytrailracer #foxrollercoaster #ridefox #getyourbak
- Online registration closes on Saturday, 8 August at 11am, unless sold out prior.
- If you are between 19 and 29 years old you can choose whether you race Elite or Expert. If you are over 30 you can race within your age group or choose to race Elite or Expert.
- Elite and Expert are the top racing categories with Elite being for the more experienced riders who have been racing for a while.
- Age groups: whatever the age of the rider will be on 31st December will determine his age classification and category.
We will award series titles at Stromlo right after the race on Sunday.
>> What’s included in your race entry
- FREE rider photos by OuterImage.com.au thanks to major sponsor RIDE Fox Australia and hydration partner CamelBak, via JetBlack Cycling Australia
- Download your photos after the event from the online portal
- Ride Fox water bottle
- I am a #rockytrailracer wrist band if you haven’t received one before
The venue is Stromlo Forest Park and it is off Cotter Road in Canberra (ACT).
You get to Cotter Road via the Tuggeranong Parkway. Once on Cotter road, continue onto John Gorton Drive until you get to Opperman Avenue. Turn left at the traffic lights on Opperman Avenue and continue until you reach Stromlo Forest Park. There is a big round about at the entrance; you will see the car park where the main event centre is located.
More information about Stromlo Forest Park can be found here: www.stromloforestpark.com.au
It is a public MTB track and you can ride it in the lead up to the race.
You can camp at the Stromlo car park and event centre on the night before the race but please note that the gates shut at around 7pm.
We also welcome our new accommodation partner in Canberra – Abode Apartment Hotels!
We can highly recommend Abode in Woden or Tuggeranong – they offer stylish, comfortable and convenient, apartment-style accommodation in Canberra and close to Stromlo Forest Park! The Rocky Trail crew has stayed at both properties in recent years and we have always been overwhelmed by the friendly service and convenient facilities – each studio or apartment has a kitchenette as well as laundry facilities for that sweaty bike gear after a long ride or race at Stromlo. It’s the ideal location for a Rocky Trail race in Canberra!
- Trails will be marked on Saturday for inofficial practice
- We will offer afternoon registration at the event centre
- On Sunday registration starts at 8am
- We will have a compulsory rider briefing at midday.
- 3 tracks and 1 timed run per track
- combined time counts
- no shuttles – neutral rides to the starts
We should have a preliminary rider list online by Thursday evening and then update it with the final details by Friday evening. Progress results will be posted on Sunday afternoon after the prize ceremony.
>> How does the timing work?
- Follow this YouTube link for a quick 43 sec overview
- During the race you can have your chip read out after each race run
- Accumulated race times are displayed on a screen in the event centre
- IMPORTANT: please hand back the timing chip after the race
Here is the race track map. We will have 3 tracks and you race each track once. You can pick the race order yourself. Combined times count. You will have to ride to the start of the tracks. No shuttles will be provided. The trails might change a little based on the conditions they are in – especially the first part of the CamelBak trail.
You can check your race times in between runs or at the end back at the event centre.
Here is a short Race Track briefing with more information.
>> Amenities and Food
There are hot showers and toilets at Stromlo Forest Park, they have a great set up of facilities.
There are several water tabs in the park and in the event centre.
On Sunday we will have a catering and coffee van come out to the event centre – they will serve hot and cold drinks, as well as yummy pasta and sandwiches, snacks and sweet treats.
The Flowbikes / Mondraker Australia crew will be on-site also to help with mechanicals; they’ll have a basic selection of spares as well; if you need any specific parts, please bring them along so they can fix it all for you.