Fox Rollercoaster #Superflow Series, hyrdrated by CamelBak
Ourimbah MTB Park, Wyong NSW – 28 February 2016
last updated: 25 February 2016
The first round of the “new-hashtag-same-awesomeness” Fox Rollercoaster #Superflow Series, hydrated by CamelBak will be held at Ourimbah MTB Park on the Central Coast. Three trails are on offer and you’ll ride to the starts of all of them – as always at Rocky Trail’s Fox Rollercoaster, all trails are open at the same time, so you choose your racing sequence. There is no start order, so you can ride with your mates, kids, wives, girl and boyfriends, even if they’re in a different category.
This rider briefing will give you all the information for a smooth racing day. Any more questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Race Director Martin on 0403 090 952.
Here we go:
Share your race experience with us – use the official event hashtags:
#rockytrailracer #foxrollercoaster #ridefox #getyourbak
- Online registration closes on Saturday, 27 February at 12pm.
- If you are between 19 and 29 years old you can choose whether you race Elite or Expert. If you are over 30 you can race within your age group or choose to race Elite or Expert.
- Elite and Expert are the top racing categories with Elite being for the more experienced riders who have been racing for a while.
- Age groups: whatever the age of the rider will be on 31st December will determine his age classification and category.
We should have a preliminary rider list online by Thursday evening and then update it with the final details by Saturday evening. Final results will be posted on Sunday after the prize ceremony.
>> Event centre
In the morning, please register in the main car park at Ourimbah (go past the Treetops Adventure Place, car park is available about 500m up the road).
We will then transfer the event centre to the race finishes further inside the trail network – this is where all three finishes are and you can read out your race times and final results there. This event race finish area can only be access by bike (it’s a quick ride back to the cars) via fire roads.
Here are the three tracks:
>> Track signage
Follow the signs to the starts via the neutral transition trails. We will have marshals at the race starts and finishes.
- 3 tracks
- 1 timed run per track
- all tracks will be open at the same time – you choose the sequence
- no start order within or among categories
- combined time counts
- no shuttles – neutral rides to the starts
>> How does the timing work?
- Follow this YouTube link for a quick 43 sec overview
- During the race you can have your chip read out after each race run
- Accumulated race times are displayed on a screen in the event centre
- IMPORTANT: please hand back the timing chip after the race
- Race rules can be found on our website
Take the F3 from Sydney, take the Wyong turnoff, turn left and follow the road to the T junction. Turn left towards Yarramalong for a couple of km’s and Red Hill road will be on your left as you come down the first hill.
From the North take the F3 and exit at the Sparks Rd / Toukley off ramp and turn right. After 300 metres at the T junction turn left onto Hue Hue Rd. Follow this to the T junction. Turn right towards Yarramalong. Red Hill Rd is a couple of Km’s on your left as you come down the first hill.
We will have 3 trails all running at the same time and you will ride to the top of all 3. No shuttles this year.
>> What’s included in your race entry
- FREE rider photos by OuterImage.com.au
- Download your photos after the event from the online portal
>> Amenities and Food
We will organise toilets at the main car park at the Ourimbah trail head. This is were you will register in the morning and pick up your number plates and timing chips.
Our caterer from Daily Espressos will be on-site.
Please bring your own water with you.
Technical support will be provided by the crew from Flow Bikes.
Check out the Central Coast Tourism website for accommodation options nearby: http://www.visitcentralcoast.com.au/accommodation