Welcome to the super popular Fox Superflow® 2021 Series FINALE of this year’s NSW/ACT Series at Awaba MTB Park!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This event is the FINAL race in the Fox Superflow® NSW/ACT SERIES for 2021, because the November event was postponed to this weekend! For those who can stay around for Sunday we will announce and acknowledge the winners but don’t worry if you can’t, your personalised series podium mudguard will be ordered and posted to you.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
IMPORTANT: Check your entry ahead.
This event had to be postponed several times because of Covid and wet weather. We are kindly asking riders from previous rounds with transfers to check the rider list and that your name is on it. Click on this link to check the RIDER LIST.
Questions? Talk to us via the orange online chat tool on the right corner of your screen, or email email@example.com
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Awaba MTB Park, Olney State Forest – Jenkins Rd, Freemans Waterhole NSW
- Venue: Awaba MTB Park, Jenkins Rd, Freemans Waterhole NSW 2323 – Freemans Drive Exit, then Mt Faulk Road entry into the park. Follow fire trail to main car park
- Event Hub: Main car park
Race tracks used
- FOX Track: Biraban, Little Falcon into Red Loop, access from the event centre via Mt Faulk Road, go past the EWS start and traverse towards Fox Start.
- STANS Track: recommended to do this track after you’ve done the Fox track (follow the signs) – from the Fox finish it’s a short climb to the start of the Wild Polly track. Start at the Rocky Trail sign. Ride back to the event centre via the Red Loop.
- LAZER Track: we race Faulk line, access from the event centre via Mt Faulk Road fire road.
Important: Mt Faulk Road is a public road and open to the public on race day. The road is NOT closed to the public. Please ride up on the left-hand side and watch out for oncoming traffic!
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three tracks:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Daily Espresso coffee van with snacks, lunch, coffee & hot/cold drinks
- Tech Support provided by Bike’n’Shocks
- Crofto merchandise will have a stand – say G’day to the new crew and scroll down for details about their giveaways!
- RAD bike co will be on-site
- Event centre: is located at the main car park.
- Parking: please follow instructions of staff, if required.
- Toilets: The car park has public toilets.
- Camping: is allowed.
- Water: There is potable water at the carpark.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
What’s on at the race
Autograph session with Jack Moir
On Saturday, EWS Champion Jack Moir will be at Awaba signing these epic posters! This is his home track! We are beyond honoured for him to be at our race. What an absolute legend. – It’s our dream that a young world champ has this poster on their wall!
Win Crofto Prize Packs
Crofto wil be on-site and is giving away 3 prize packs each on Sat and Sun! An Enduro package, a pair of Shorts and a pair of gloves on Saturday and a Riders Package, pair of shorts and pair of socks on Sunday! Sign up for the giveaway ot the Crofto stand!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Limited stock, new designs dropping in 2022! Get Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have a fever.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: Please adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)