Rocky Trail’s Fox Superflow, sealed by Stan’s is one of the original enduro-style gravity racing series in Australia – this is the official rider briefing for the Fox Superflow Race, sealed by Stan’s for 1 September 2019 at Ourimbah State Forest near Wyong, supported by the Central Coast Council!
Race into Spring with us with us – Fox Superflow racing is your mountain bike life with the volume turned up!
We have been reviewing the weather forecast for this weekend very carefully over the past three days, and based on today’s improved predictions, we are ALL GO for this weekend.
CCMTB Club have put in a lot of maintenance work over the past few months – come and join us for the series finale and have a ‘little adventure’ on rocky trails on the Central Coast with us!
The venue – Ourimbah State Forest
As a mountain biker from Sydney and surrounds and the Central Coast in particular, hitting the trails at Ourimbah State Forest feels like settling into your favourite spot on your lounge… there are those sections that have been there since the dawn of time and yet it has those roots and rocky sections that keep challenging you for that perfect line. Why not hit them at race pace at the Shimano MTB GP on 24 August?
You can find a map on the EVENT WEBSITE.
Camping is allowed at this venue. This event is part of our Central Coast MTB Festival – check out our destination blogs for mates, families and couples with itineraries and What’s On this weekend!
The race tracks
- 3 race tracks and you’ll need to complete each race track once
- Combined race times count
- Fox: using the bottom of the DH track
- Stan’s: the AM trail going into Five Ways from there using some of the XC climb in reverse and to the finish line as low as the phone reception/timing boxes allow it
- Lazer: Rollercoaster
- Remember, you can choose the order in which you do your race runs – no start order, no worries!
The racing – a social affair
The Fox Superflow events, sealed by Stan’s are unique Australia-wide! They are enduro-style gravity races, based on the European and North American formats, HOWEVER, at Rocky Trail there are:
(1) No Start Orders – you can ride with your friends, kids and partners together all day, even if they are in a different age/skill category
(2) No Worries – you pick the sequence of race tracks, the timing points are all LIVE as soon as the racing starts
(3) Spend all day together! – They are unique Australia-wide in that we can offer an awesome day out to a wide range of riders – from elite to amateur racers to families, couples and groups of friends riding together. We have introduced a very flexible timing system so our events don’t require any start orders and riders can pick the sequence in which to complete the timed race stages themselves. That way, riders of different categories can spend all day riding and racing together!
all day Free practice: tracks are marked but there are no marshalls in place.
8 am – 9 am Registration open for Superflow
9 am Rider briefing at event centre
9 am – 10.30 am Practice
approx 10.30 am – 3.30 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. The exact start and finish time depends on rider numbers and will be announced at the rider briefing
3 tracks – 1 run on each track – you get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
approx. 4.00 pm Ceremony
Note, no shuttles allowed on Sunday/Race Day!
The atmosphere in our event centre is friendly, happy and inclusive and you will see that Martin is very much in charge. We have been working with most of our suppliers for years – from first aiders to marshals to caterers to photographers, it is our top priority for you to have an amazing time out on your bike and to lend a helping (and rescuing) hand if need be.
Will be available LIVE during the race – we’ll try our hardest to push all results to the website right away. Ourimbah is a bit of a challenge, as the club downhill finish for instance is out of reception, but we will place our timing gear so that we can transmit data as consistently as possible. Fingers crossed!! It should all work out and you can click through to the results portal via this link:
Facilities & Supplies:
As this is a State Forest venue, camping is allowed and for free. We will have toilets at the event centre from Friday afternoon; our caterer comes on Sunday morning.
For food and drinks/dinner – venture out to the Central Coast; the Westfield Tuggerah is very close with food court and the major supermarkets.
The surrounding suburbs Wyong, The Entrance, Long Jetty and Bateau Bay have lovely cafes and restaurants to choose from too.
Wyong Milk Factory Cafe and Pub (5 min drive), as well as the Wyong Town with Duck Duck Moose Cafe and Glee Coffee. You can also check out “Grub Hunter”, a local portal for coffee and cafe hunters 🙂 More ideas in our destination blogs!
Please bring your own water and hydration.
The crew from Bicycle Tech Bar Tuggerah will be on-site on the Sunday. For repair services and spare parts on the Saturday, visit their shop, which is only about a 10 min drive from the event centre at 2/168 Pacific Hwy, Tuggerah NSW 2259 – ask for Wayne on 02 4352 3000.
The hard facts – what you get
Every entry includes FREE photos from OuterImage, a professional sports photography package valued at more than $60 per rider.