Welcome to the inaugural Fox Superflow at the Eastern Escarpment Trails!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
Get ready for next-level Superflow racing at these completely revamped new trails, also known as Mt Cotton or Westies! What a treat being the first event to race the trails here – a huge thanks to the local RATS MTB Club! This is awesome gravity racing for locals and visitors alike.
Check out the Race Track Preview video by Flowmentum MTB’s Craig Fisher.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- Registration will stay open all weekend so spread the word and grab your mates to join and become a Rocky Trail Racer!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This event is the second race in the Fox Superflow QLD SOUTH SERIES for 2021!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open-air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks.
- We are tracking all event participants via the QLD Covid Check In App – non-racing supporters and ANY visitors at the venue are required to sign in at the registration tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Eastern Escarpment is the new venue that has everyone talking. With multiple fast flowy gravity trails mixed with easy climbing tracks there is a lot on offer and we can’t wait to crown the King and Queen of Mt Cotton aka Eastern Escarpment.
We have a few challenges with this venue so would appreciate everyone reading and following our plan to ensure we comply with the permit conditions. Please do not jeopardise future events.
- West Mount Cotton road is very busy with vehicles and quarry trucks.
- West Mount Cotton road is an 80km speed zone.
- All event parking is to be staged on the Eastern side of the road, same side as the trail network.
- Event participants are requested to enter from the North, from Mt Cotton Road. This will allow a safe turn into the designated parking areas.
- The Event Hub and Team Tent area is located at Gate 2. The bitumen parking bay will be used for our Event Hub and team area. All services will be located here.
- Please do not park at the roundabout area or setup at the trail head site, our event permit does not allow this. Let’s work together to ensure future events are allowed.
- Event Parking has been designed to the North of the Event Hub area, large flat dirty space. We will have a designated entry and exit point available to ensure the safety of vehicles, pedestrians and riders. Look for our signage and follow the instructions of our parking crew.
- Overflow parking will be available at Gate 3. You can safely return to the Event Hub via Leo Lands trail.
- Do not park on the opposite side of the road. It is unsafe to cross.
- A drop zone will be provide for team marquees close to the Hub.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Race tracks used
- FOX – “Metamorphic” starting below the top switchbacks, this fun and fast track will thrill. There is a long A and B line option near the end with conjecture on which side is fastest. Everything is rollable but there are some jumps to hit for the pinners. 1.4km and 100m vertical drop.
- STANS – “Shenanigans” the full length includes some blown-out but fast corners. There is a narrow shoot that sneaks up on the unsuspecting. Jumps if you want, pumps if you can. The trail is just long enough to test your upper body’s endurance. 1.3km and 85m vertical.
- LAZER – “Powerful Howl” is great fun. This short blast will put a smile on the dial. Designed for adaptive cycles means the track is wide but this deceives the inexperienced to believing lines aren’t still important for fast. 800m 60m vertical drop.
Untimed transitions: The climbing trails are challenging but fun and you can gun up the steep fire roads if you just want to get the climbs over fast.
We are spoilt this weekend with multiple options to ride to and from the Event Hub.
- Leo Lands track is the easiest climb up.
- When returning we suggest a combination of fire trail and single track – upper main track into Adapt, Crosscut, lower main track, before joining Easy Street into Shoceck trail back to the Hub.
- Great loop to extend your riding journey.
- Remember Leo Lands is two-way.
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
Coffee – Tarryn from Jungle Bean will be on site both days for your morning fix https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100031038296415
Seaviche food is amazing, come hungry and support Angelo https://www.facebook.com/seavichegcau8
Neutral support provided by:
The Bike Shop – Saturday
Hitbikes – Sunday
- TOILET FACILITIES: Only available at the Event Hub.
- WATER: No water on site – bring your own supply.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – access to green grass!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Get cool Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and warm hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders’ luv seeing supporters at our events.
Mixed bag for the weekend.
A cool start on Saturday with possible short shower of rain before clearing at 10am.
Saturday high 18, Sunday balmy 24.
Possible late showers Sunday.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the COVID-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the QLD Government and observe strict social distancing rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until the weekend.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- If you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online via the APP.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
- PARTICIPANT Check-In:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to check-in via the relevant state/territory Covid APP
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)