RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 QLD Series Round at Eastern Escarpment/Mt Cotton on the Redlands Coast!
We are in for a cracking weekend of racing with the last chance to grab the series points in QLD. It has been a hotly contested competition with lots of riders following us up and down the Queensland coast. With Mount Cotton trail network one of the most popular in the region we are sure to see some fast times set and lots of riders out to enjoy the racing.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
IMPORTANT RACE INFO
This race is supported by Redlands City Council!
ABOUT the venue
Eastern Escarpment Conservation Area – Access via Karingal Scout Camp, 153 Karingal Road, Mt Cotton, QLD 4165 Follow the signs.
Event Hub will be located above Gate 6 – West Mount Cotton Road. No vehicle access is allowed. All riders and spectators must park in the designated parking areas and walk or ride to the Event Hub.
Parking is available at Gate 2,3 and 5. Limited parking around the quarry roundabout. Please ensure you park legally and not across yellow lines as the parking inspectors will be around checking.
Leo Land trail is the best to ride or walk to the event hub. Depending on where you park the journey may be 500m to 1km. We strongly suggest you pack light as it is along way from parking to the event hub.
Sorry no team tents or vehicles are allowed on site, permit conditions.
2022 RACE TRACKS
- FOX – “Shenanigans” the full length includes some blown-out but fast corners. There is a narrow shoot that sneaks up on the unsuspecting. Jumps if you want, pumps if you can. The trail is just long enough to test your upper body endurance. 1.3km and 105m vertical.
- STANS – “Escalade” has become a favoured climb track but its origins was as a descent. Time to return to the original… Then cross the main fire road and drop into “Powerful Howl” which is great fun. Designed for adaptive cycles means the track is wide but this deceives the inexperienced to believing lines aren’t still important for fast times. 1.7km and 105m vertical drop.
- LAZER – Sharing a start with STANS and the first 300m down “Escalade” before breaking hard left onto the “Escalade Link” to join “Metamorphic” below the pedally traverse that was the talking point from last year’s event. There is a long A and B line option near the end with conjecture on which side is fastest. Everything is rollable but there are some jumps to hit for the pinners. 1.2km and 100m vertical drop.
- Untimed transitions: Upper main or summit track or the very keen traction fraction fire road. NOTE we will have track crossing points on the fire roads clearly marked by bunting – look before crossing.
Saturday will be fine, with possible showers early Sunday morning. Low 11c high 20c.
The Fox Superflow® format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity is pick your race day – Saturday OR Sunday. Three fun fast trails on offer.
- You can tackle five runs on each track or just do a minimum of one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available each day with all the support you need.
- Remember no vehicle or towing shuttles are allowed – Don’t forget that liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend:
- Coffee: Johnno from Groupset coffee will be ready and waiting.
- Food: Dapper & Chic will be serving lunch from 10.30am both days.
- Tech support: MAXISS and crew will have those last minute items ready and waiting.
- Toilets: 3 portaloos will be located at the event hub.
- Camping: Available at Karingal Scouts.
- Water: No water on site – Bring your own water supply.
- Medical: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- Team tents: sadly no team tents allowed – permit condition. Good news plenty of shade on offer.
This is the final QLD Series event and here is the link to the progress results. We can’t wait to launch the line-up for 2023 soon!
1-2-3 Series podium winners will receive this series trophy in the mail!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here.
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm – Saturday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm – Last Race Run
7.30am – Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm – Sunday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm – Last Race Run
3.45pm – Event Presentations
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates and stickers can be collected at the next race.
- MTB Direct vouchers for 1-2-3 podiums will be sent via email.
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Rider List and LIVE Results:
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Rocky Trail X Dharco Jerseys – Plenty of stock available at the moment! Grab it now before we sell out again!
Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies & T-shirts
First Fox Superflow®?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see, and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
Rocky Trail Entertainment has all required Covid Safety plans and requirements in place.
We ask that if If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu or have a fever, that you please NOT come to the race. Please contact us immediately and we will transfer or refund your entry.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)