Welcome to the super popular Fox Superflow ROUND THREE at Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve Trails!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
With the biggest Rocky Trail QLD event in 2021, the dusty trails of Castle Hill were a huge hit with pinners last year and with the newly revamped trail maintenance completed we are preparing for another smash fest this weekend. This is awesome gravity racing for locals and visitors alike.
Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve provides the perfect event location with four punchy fast tracks starting at a central top point accessed by one short liaison climb. Choose your run, off you go and meet your mate in the quarry floor.
Check out the Race Track Preview video by Flowmentum MTB’s Craig Fisher
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- Registration will stay open all weekend so spread the word and grab your mates to join and become a Rocky Trail Racer!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This event is the third race in the Fox Superflow QLD SOUTH SERIES for 2021!
The city of Ipswich has secured a competition that is part of the Fox Superflow® South Queensland Series for this weekend of 25+26 September. The mountain bike racing format with its motto “Race the way you Ride” has become Australia’s fastest growing gravity enduro competition. Organisers from Rocky Trail Entertainment will return to Ipswich for the second time with two days of racing on the ‘rocky trails’ at Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve for mountain bikers of all skill and age levels.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open-air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks.
- We are tracking all event participants via the QLD Covid Check In App – non-racing supporters and ANY visitors at the venue are required to sign in at the registration tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race four tracks:
- Tackle the 20 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve is located a short drive from Ipswich CBD. Parking is available on Mary Street Blackstone.
Race tracks used
- FOX (Inca) is fun and flowy but does contain a few corners that will test the skills of riders.
- RaceFace (Phil’s) is the most technical track, starts next to FOX (aka INCA) and includes 2 technical loose and steep corners that will test the best. Expect this track to blow out so be ready to change line choice across the day. Track finishes on a jumps section at the bottom so “whip it” up.
- STANS (World Cup) has some small doubles and a fun rocky section with a hidden landing for the brave (excellent B Lines for the conservative).
- LAZER (Roweys) is again fast and flowy with a good combination of fun jumps that can all be rolled.
With only one liaison option for all riders it makes it an easy day to remember.
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
Seaviche food is amazing, come hungry and support Angelo https://www.facebook.com/seavichegcau8
Neutral support provided by:
Sheryl from MTB Mechanic will be on site Saturday to ensure your day goes smoothly – https://www.facebook.com/MTBMechanic
Sunday support – tbc
- TOILET FACILITIES: Only available at the Event Hub.
- WATER: No water on site – bring your own supply.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Plan your Trip & Destination Information
We invite you to Discover Ipswich, Queensland’s time-honoured heritage region, packed with surprising new adventures – only 30 minutes from Brisbane. It’s where historic homes meet culinary cool. Explore the beautiful surrounds and countryside, which are full of amazing experiences! We’ll take you to the awesome Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve MTB trails and tracks and there is so much to do before and after the event!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Get cool Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and warm hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Summer is fast approaching so get your race fix in now. The weekend forecast is looking great – fine and warm Saturday with a top of 31oC, and a cold change Sunday with a top of 20oC.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the COVID-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the QLD Government and observe strict social distancing rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until the weekend.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- If you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online via the APP.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
- PARTICIPANT Check-In:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to check-in via the relevant state/territory Covid APP
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)