RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 QLD Series Round at Castle Hill MTB Park in Ipswich!
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
IMPORTANT RACE INFO
This race is supported by Ipswich City Council! We are stoked to be racing at Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve MTB Park, which provides some of the best hand-built single track in SE Queensland (Ipswich City Council and a group of dedicated volunteers from the Ipswich Cycling Club have built the trails and facilities that makes this small but busy trail network one of the most popular in the region). This is always a popular venue for our racers with 4 short tracks to test the best. Who will take away the series points this weekend? Remember we are back to the original format: you must pick your race day, Saturday or Sunday!
ABOUT the venue
Castle Hill MTB Tracks – corner of Thomas and Mary Streets, Blackstone
We are racing at the Castle Hill MTB Tracks, which are a part of the historic Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve on the corner of Thomas and Mary Streets, Blackstone. We would like to thank the Ipswich Cycling Club for their support – these guys have worked tirelessly for a long time to build the facilities of the Castle Hill Blackstone Reserve for all mountain bikers.
Event Parking will be inside the gate on the open grass area, with overflow along Mary Street. Team tents are welcome to setup in and around the rego area.
Race tracks used
Four short fast tracks with one centralised liaison stage – perfect day with your bike!
- FOX (INCA): Fun and flowy but does contain a few corners that will test the skills of riders.
- STANS (WORLD CUP): Has some small doubles and a fun rocky section with a hidden landing for the brave (excellent B Lines for the conservative).
- RACEFACE (PHIL’S): The most technical track, starts next to FOX (aka INCA) and includes 2 technical loose and steep corners that will test the best. Expect this track to blow out so be ready to change line choice across the day. Track finishes on a jumps section at the bottom so “whip it” up.
- LAZER (ROWEYS): Fast and flowy with a good combination of fun jumps that can all be rolled.
We will see some rain across the weekend but from all reports the tracks at Castle Hill need a drop or two. Sat temps 10c to 20c.
Sunday will be clear skies with a chilly start of 6c. Great chance to buy a Rocky Trail hoodie.
The Fox Superflow® format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity is pick your race day – Saturday OR Sunday.
Attention, for the Ipswich round we have 4 tracks on offer!
- You can tackle five runs on each track or just do a minimum of one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available each day with all the support you need.
- Remember no vehicle or towing shuttles are allowed – Don’t forget that liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Coffee: Our resident barista Johnno from Groupset Coffee will be on site and ready for the morning shot.
- Food: Mark and Co from Flaming Knights food van will be returning and preparing some yummy burgers and stuff for us all.
- Tech support: We welcome the team from Trek Ipswich who will be onsite supporting and displaying gear n stuff.
- MAXXIS – Craig and co will be back onsite with a range of products to suit you all.
- Toilets: Three unisex toilets are located on site.
- Camping: No official camping is allowed.
- Water: Bring your own water supply.
- Medical: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- Team tents – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING
We are guaranteed a great weekend and look forward to seeing you all here.
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm – Saturday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm – Last Race Run
7.30am – Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm – Sunday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm – Last Race Run
3.45pm – Event Presentations
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates and stickers can be collected at the next race.
- MTB Direct vouchers for 1-2-3 podiums will be sent via email.
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Rider List and LIVE Results:
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Rocky Trail X Dharco Jerseys – Plenty of stock available at the moment! Grab it now before we sell out again!
Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies & T-shirts
First Fox Superflow®?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see, and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
Rocky Trail Entertainment has all required Covid Safety plans and requirements in place.
We ask that if If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu or have a fever, that you please NOT come to the race. Please contact us immediately and we will transfer or refund your entry.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)