Welcome to the Fox Superflow at Rowallan MTB Park in Mackay! This is some general information for race participants and visitors to the Olney State Forest on the weekend.
What awaits you: the Fox Superflow enduro-style MTB action unpicking and repicking Rowallan Park trails. Returning for No 2 providing gravity runs for the young and old hearted. Rowallan has a lot to offer with surprises around each corner. Well known for its technical nature don’t be mistaken to think it is a hard XC course. Fox Superflow formats finds the fun in racing. With the regional offer to come and play and ride for two days no better location then Rowallan Park a quick 10min drive from the CBD and offering fantastic camping facilities with lots of grass. This weekend is going to be a mecca of activities. Spread the word, pack the car and family or mates and see you there!
Get ready for an absolute adrenaline rush as you smash down our Superflow race tracks to hunt down those precious seconds for the win! We can’t wait for you to hit the trails at Rowallan Park thanks to the awesome support by the MADMTB club. At this Fox Superflow event you can do your 15 race runs and you choose either Saturday or Sunday or both days. We have you covered.
We would like to thank the Mackay Regional Council for their support. This event is proudly supported by Mackay Regional Council’s Invest Mackay Events and Conference Attraction program.
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- registration will stay open all weekend so spread the word and grab your mate to join and become a rockytrailracer!
- At this Fox Superflow event you can do your 5 race runs on each track across 2 days or just one – pick your adventure!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as your cross the line.
- This event is the first of three races in the Fox Superflow QLD NORTH SERIES – Atherton and Townsville are happening in June!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We are so grateful for the outpour of support and enthusiasm by our Rocky Trail riders through 2020. We have been able to deliver successful events through the support of our. Community and with their assistance to ride within the constraints COVID 19 presented. We need to continue to comply to social distancing and other COVID rules to continue to run events.
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks. Face masks are not required outdoors but it is always a good idea to carry one if you intend on going into one of the Buller shop outlets.
- We are tracking all event participants via the Covid Check In App by the State/Territory – non-racing supporters and ANY visitor at the venue are required to sign in at the registrations tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Venue: Rowallan Park, Mackay – Glendaragh Rd Farleigh, a quick 10min drive from the CBD.
Event Hub: Located on the central entry road follow the signs past the MTB parking area to the designated park zone. Look for the Redbull tent and Rocky trail marquee.
Two days of racing or one, your adventure awaits. = almost 13 hours of timed racing with all the support you need.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider;
Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab you mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded with sweet flowy long tracks straight back into the event hub. Remember no shuttling allowed!
Race tracks used
A massive shout-out to the trail crew from the MAD MTB Club! You guys rock and thank you so much for all the work you put in to get the trails race-ready for this weekend!
Race tracks used 2021:
We’re back, and once again and Rowalan Park XC tracks will be “unpicked and restitched” to provide 3 Flowy gravity tracks. All three race stages are starting at the top of the hill!
- Untimed liaison sections will utilise fire road, Flat bikkie, and the switchbacks. Sections will be coursed marked.
- FOX – the FOX track includes the first 2 wooden features of the “Millsy’s Ringa Mahi” from that point you can choose your own adventure! Both lines converge onto “102” for some rocky descents before cutting into the skills park onto the wooden berm to finish just below the MAD Mountain Bike Club House.
- A line – continue on Ringa Mahi for a Rocky technical run that will test your line selection all day long,
- B line – the created link crossing the fire road into Wild Turkey
Both Stans & Lazer flick to the left before dropping onto the road and splitting.
- STANS – Takes “Organ Donor”onto “Pips Playground” before a hard left into “Jellyfish” passing under the bridge for a short pedal to the finish.
- LAZER – Punches up onto “Dragon Back”, down onto road heading into Pride rock then onto “The Bees Line” pass “Devils Elbow onto the B track down to Mosquito Creek for the finish.
All tracks are subject to change depending on the weather conditions.
Schedule – for all participants
8.00 am – 1 pm Registration open
9 am – 3.30 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
8.00 am – 1 pm Registration open
9 am – 3.30 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
You can race on both Saturday and Sunday, your timing chip is active on both days. Complete all race runs in one day or split them across both.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail podium place race plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
Destination & Plan your trip
Explore Queensland with us! We invite you to explore beautiful Mackay while you’re in the region for our racing weekend! The Mackay region can offer natural experiences, fun-filled adventures or pure relaxation with a backdrop of gorgeous scenery and amazing sunsets. Whether inland, on the coast or the City Centre, see nature come to life with unique and rare experience in the Mackay region.
The hidden gem of Rowallan Park is located only 10mins from Mackay city centre. Owned and operated by Scouts QLD and the home to MADMTBC this venue is one to be seen: large open grassy green shady space bordering on a tropical rain forest pocket. With camping on lush greens and a bunk house on-site, this is great for groups or solo riders.
The Rocky Trail crew will be staying on-site and will manage bookings. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure a spot:
- CAMPING: This venue offers multiply camping locations allowing groups to spread and enjoy the tranquillity of the area with tracks at your finger tips!
- BUNK HOUSE: Alternatively a 30 bed bunkhouse is available for the weekend.
We thank the support of the local business across the weekend;
- Coffee Van – Sonya from Mad Cow coffee will be serving all day Saturday. Sadly Sunday we do not have a coffee option so plan ahead.
- Leady from Big Bite Food Truck will be on site providing food and drinks.
Check out the menu!
- Tech Support Corry Cycles will be out racing and providing some neutral support. Stop by and check them out!
- Rocky Trail Radio powered by earSHOTS will be filling the air waves across the weekend.
- ONSITE TOILETS: are available
- WATER: No portable water is available on site, so don’t forget to bring your supply.
- MEDICAL: on-site in the event centre medical support and roaming out on track.
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders’ luv seeing supporters at our events.
Central Queensland weather pattern will be on the menu, night rain and storms with sunny days, note Saturday might have a few rain showers to contend with but the natural rainforest canopy will provide the perfect coverage.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters:
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 300 per day you can see right away that we still err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh, but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the Covid-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the ACT Government and observe strict Social Distancing Rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until Friday.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- We have exclusive use of the trail network.
- if you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online and report to the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- You can practice on non-racing days, but we won’t have any services (marshalls, first aid) in place.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer
- IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR RACE RESULTS with us or as soon as you cross the line! The top three podium getters in each age category will receive their podium medal.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
- Non-competitors will need to sign on via the online system.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good .
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)