Welcome to the super popular Fox Superflow ROUND FOUR – the final race as part of this year’s QLD South Series at Mt Joyce!
Mt Joyce, known for its historical racing scene in the early 90s, provides the perfect venue to cap off a stellar season of Queensland Superflow events. From Atherton to Mt Joyce the crew have been enjoying meeting new riders who we are sure will become regular #rockytrailracers in 2022.
Mt Joyce is known for its big climbs, but you will be rewarded with over 16+min race time this weekend!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- Registration will stay open all weekend so spread the word and grab your mates to join and become a Rocky Trail Racer!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This event is the FINAL race in the Fox Superflow QLD SOUTH SERIES for 2021! For those who can stay around Sunday we will announce and acknowledge the winners but don’t worry if you can’t, your personalised mudguard will be ordered and posted to you.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open-air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks.
- We are tracking all event participants via the QLD Covid Check In App – non-racing supporters and ANY visitors at the venue are required to sign in at the registration tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three tracks:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Mount Joyce Mountain Bike Trails – Wyaralong Dam Access – The Mount Joyce Mountain Bike Trails are located at Lake Wyaralong, accessed via Yugambeh Drive. The Event Hub and Event parking will be located above the Eastern Trail access carpark. Follow the signs up to the big open paddock for site parking adjacent to the Hub.
Important: Wyaralong Dam is an SEQ Water asset and they are the land managers of the Mt Joyce Mountain Bike Park. As tempting as the water might be, unfortunately there is no swimming permitted as the water is part of the drinking water of Brisbane and surrounds.
Race tracks used
- FOX Track: Starting on “Big Bertha” before crossing onto the “Sergeants DH” trail to finish in Secret Valley. 2km, 220m vertical drop.
- STANS Track: Top to bottom, “Bovine Groove” finishing 300m before the short climb up to the Tunnel. 2.3 km, 180m vertical drop.
- LAZER Track: Starting on “Tunnel Vision” above the tunnel tracks, runs down a pedally descent with flat corners before the track drops on to the little used “Red Ant” which sweeps down parallel to the service road and then dropping on to the 4X track to finish in the old quarry. 1.5km and only 75m vertical drop.
The service fire road is the best option to access all starts.
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
Neutral Support – Smiling Sheryl from MTB mechanic will be on site SATURDAY only to help with the last minute issues. Sheryl is also available to have your spare bike serviced while you are out racing, great easy option with no delay. Book your service now. https://www.facebook.com/MTBMechanic
Food & Coffee – Peter & Luana from “I Gadda Eat” will be on site both days serving yummy food and lots of cold drinks. Check out the menu below:
- Event centre: is located inside the gate in the open space above the dam.
- Parking: will be available here also.
- Toilets: The day use car park has public toilets, but we will provide additional toilets at the Event Hub. There is also a pit toilet at the Secret Valley area where the FOX track finishes.
- Camping: There is no camping at the Event Hub but some camping approximately 14km away.
- Accommodation is available at Beaudesert and Boonah, approximately 22km and 30km from the Event Hub respectively.
- Water: There is potable water at the day use carpark and the recreational area on the south side of the Dam. Both areas are not close to the event hub.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Get cool Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and warm hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at email@example.com to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Summer is knocking on our doors with 2 hot days predicted of 15-30c. Bring a shade tent if you can or feel free to use the Redbull tent area as your base.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the COVID-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the QLD Government and observe strict social distancing rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until the weekend.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- If you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online via the APP.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
- PARTICIPANT Check-In:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to check-in via the relevant state/territory Covid APP
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)