Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 Round 4 of the VIC Series in Mt Taylor in the beautiful Gippsland region!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have a jam-packed weekend of racing with the new introduction of the PRO series offering a 4th track to race. Remember this is designed to test the seasoned racer and not for everyone.
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
- This round we offer the whole weekend to race for your entry fee. Yes 13hrs to get your best time on each track.
- PLUS fantastic venue to FREE camp – time to pack your bag, jump in the car, and head to Gippsland!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Mt Taylor Mountain Bike Park, Bairnsdale VIC
Mt Taylor tracks remain the secret gem for so many riders. With a massive mountain and long flow tracks, all ending into the event hub. The return of the Fox Superflow to the region cements it as one of our favourites. As always we are extremely thankful to the crew at DELWP Parks and the local East Gippsland MTB Club who have worked tirelessly to get the trails ready after a wet summer season.
- Event Registration and Hub will be located at the bottom of the trail network on Lookout Road Mt Taylor.
- Parking: Large open area space is available for parking at the event hub, just remember don’t park in the camping designated spots.
- Traffic: When navigating to Mt Taylor by car, please check the Google route – enter Mount Taylor Picnic Area as your destination and make sure the navigation takes you via Bairnsdale (some searches have resulted in some backways directions, which we’d recommend to avoid).
- Lookout Road will be closed for the duration of the event, and remember no vehicle or tow shuttles allowed.
Race tracks used
[Fox Video coming soon.]
FOX Track: The “All Mountain Trail” from Goodes Track has some serious flow. Length 2.0km Vertical 150m
STANS Track: “The Flow” shares a start with FOX and you will enjoy the variety. Length 1.7km Vertical 150m
LAZER Track: The new extension of the tip run is fast being called “Gabes track.” Skipping the “Loosen Up” but starting on Goodes Rd and hitting “Time to Drop” and the “Tip Run” to finish in the event hub. Length 1.9km Vertical 150m
[MAXXIS Video coming soon.]
MAXXIS PRO TRACK – The well renowned “Downhill” at Mt Taylor will please. At the convergence with FOX track MAXXIS will break right, cross the road and hit the descent of “Southern Cross” to finish in the Event Hub. Length 2.1km Vertical 260m
Un-timed Liaisons: will use “The Big Emu” Milkies Track and Lookout Road. This is a Public Road, please ride up on the left!
Some wet weather leading into the weekend with rain Friday night and clearing Saturday morning around mid morning. No rush as we have the whole weekend to race for your entry fee. From Saturday lunch we should see clear skies for the remainder of the weekend.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three or four tracks across the whole weekend:
- Fox Superflow riders tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- Fox plus Pro series riders tackle the 20 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 13 hours available with all the support you need.
- Race Saturday or Sunday or BOTH – spend the whole weekend racing!
Remember no vehicle or towing shuttles are allowed – Don’t forget that liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Presentations
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates and stickers can be collected at the next race.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
First Fox Superflow?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see, and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Food & Drink:
- Dumpling & Co – Paul will be serving the best Beef Dim Sims and Chicken Dumplings all weekend.
- No official coffee vendor on site yet but we are working on a solution.
- Tech Support: Bairnsdale Bikes team will be here to support you all weekend.
- Krush – Matt and Co have all your bike washing taken care of.
- Jigsaw Jumps – we will have a display on site that you can test your skill. This innovative modular bike jump converts from a roller to a kicker.
- Ema Mobile Ostepath – any aches and pains see Ema.
- 299 Bikes – cool clothing apparel.
- Toilets: The car park has port-a-loos.
- Camping: is allowed and will be popular! Make sure you think of others when setting up.
- Water: Bring your own water, no facility on site.
- Bike wash: We have a bike wash setup with the help of Bairnsdale Bikes.
- Medical: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- Team tents – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Limited stock, new designs dropping in 2022! Get Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Grab your Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco – cool design
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have a fever.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: Please adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)