Welcome to the Fox Superflow on the Gold Coast! You will
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
Get ready for next-level Superflow racing in South East Queensland, people! What a treat being able to race the trails at Nerang – a huge thanks to the local Gold Coast MTB Club! This is awesome gravity racing for locals and visitors alike. This event is supported by Major Events Gold Coast and you can race those trails Superflow-style!
Returning back to the rocky trails of Nerang this year, the Fox Superflow mixes it up with some old favourites and new combinations. Scroll down for the Race Track Preview Video by Flowmentum MTB’s Craig Fisher.
STAY & PLAY – Check out our Destination Guide for exclusive offers and information about what’s happening on the Gold Coast for #rockytrailracers!
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- Registration will stay open all weekend so spread the word and grab your mates to join and become a Rocky Trail Racer!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This event is the first race in the Fox Superflow QLD SOUTH SERIES for 2021!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open-air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks.
- We are tracking all event participants via the Covid Check In App by the State/Territory – non-racing supporters and ANY visitors at the venue are required to sign in at the registration tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Event centre and parking location: Gold Coast Cycle Centre, Hope Street Nerang
- The Rocky Trail Registration hub will be positioned on the grassy area in the middle of the criterium track. A large green grass space is available for all the team tents and will create the Event Hub for the day. Look out for the Rocky Trail marquees and sponsor flags.
- Onsite Parking is limited and something we need to manage very tightly. The following procedures have been created to keep both riders and general public safe;
- To access the internal parking area proceed to the second entry gate, commonly referred to as the Scout entrance, just past Stevens Street, and turn right.
- Wait for direction from the carpark marshalls, as all cars must give way for any cyclist on the crit track.
- Parking is available near the scout hall and nose into the fence up the hill.
- DO NOT PARK on the crit track.
- For team tents a small area is available on the grass.
- Overflow parking available on Hope Street
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Race tracks used
- FOX – Starting at the far end of “Baileys” before the very popular “Elevator”. Track is 1.8km long and descends just over 100m of vertical.
- STANS – Starting from the near end of “Baileys” and traversing parallel to the road before dropping onto “BnB” for a fun descent. Track is 1.4km and descends approx. 80m of vertical.
- LAZER – Starting at the top of Three Hills Fox will descend for about 1km before crossing the road into Barney’s with a short stony pinch climb before some rebuilt flowy berms and drops before turning onto the Creek Line for another 50m to the finish with a huck to flat in the creek bed. Track is 1.6km long with 100m of vertical drop.
All A-lines will remain open!
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail podium prizes will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Coffee: will be ready and waiting to serve your first coffee for the day. Please support those who support us. https://www.facebook.com/sandysmobilecafe/
- Food: Seaviche will be on-site with a delicious variety of traditional and South American foods! Click on the image to check out their menu!
- Tech Support: Sheryl from Ride Mechanic will again be supporting our riders with any last-minute issues.
- The Team and Rocky Trail Radio powered by earSHOTS will be filling the air across the weekend.
- TOILET FACILITIES: Available at the Gold Coast cycle centre.
- WATER: Outside taps available at the Gold Coast cycle centre.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Get cool Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and warm hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders’ luv seeing supporters at our events.
Weekend weather looking good, but a little chilly to start the day. High 22 low 9.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters:
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 300 per day you can see right away that we still err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh, but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the Covid-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the QLD Government and observe strict social distancing rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until the weekend.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- Majority of trails are closed in the Happy Valley sector. Please check with Jo at rego before heading out on track.
- If you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online and report to the rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
- Non-competitors will need to sign on via the online system.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)