Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 at Nerang!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
The. Sun. Is. Out! Excitement is building to finally kick off the much awaited QLD Fox Superflow series for 2022. For weeks now, riders have been impacted by weather and trail closures, so we are looking forward to seeing clear skies this weekend even more!
Nerang is well known for rock and hard packed tracks, which will help with trail conditions. Rider fitness will come into play with some interesting results expected across the weekend.
We have you covered with many businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
- For those who can stay around for Sunday we will announce and acknowledge the winners, but don’t worry if you can’t, your winning podium voucher will be emailed to you.
ABOUT the venue
Nerang National Park – Cycle Centre
Centrally located in Nerang the event hub will be located on the grass area within the centre of the criterium track with all race tracks access from this point.
Parking: No on site parking is available this year. Equipment drop off is allowed, access via the 2nd entry gate opposite Source Scaffolding. Parking is available in surrounding local streets.
Camping; No onsite camping is allowed.
Race tracks used
- FOX Track: Starting at the far end of “Baileys” before the very popular “Elevator”. Track is 1.8km long and descends just over 100m of vertical.
- STANS Track: Starting from the near end of “Baileys” and traversing parallel to the road before dropping onto “BnB” for a fun descent. Track in 1.4km and descends approx. 80m of vertical.
- LAZER Track: Starting at the same place as STANS, LAZER will descend Three Hills before dropping onto the Comm Games 2 technical stuff and then descend Comms Games 1 fun stuff to the event hub. Track is 2.2 km long with over 130m of vertical drop.
- Un-timed Liaisons: Neutral liaison rides will be marked up the fire roads. Due to the closure of exits Goanna & Barneys the liaison stage from FOX and STANS will be back up Wombats so best to complete another run on LAZER to return back to Event Hub.
Finally after a period of wet weather we are expecting mostly clear skies across the weekend, with the westerly winds coming in Sunday. Temps 13 – 25C.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three tracks across the whole weekend:
- Fox Superflow riders tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Choose to race either Saturday OR Sunday.
Remember no vehicle or towing shuttles are allowed – Don’t forget that liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event wrap-up
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates and stickers can be collected at the next race.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
Huge thank you to the Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club GCMTB for all the preparation and support to our events. Remember we invest $ from all of our race entries back into the local club to support ongoing trail maintenance.
We thank the support of our sponsors and local businesses across the weekend;
- Food & Drink:
- We welcome Johnny from https://www.facebook.com/groupset.coffee to our events. Make sure you grab your first coffee of the day on site and support our tribe. The team will be ready and waiting from 7.15am.
- The Dapper and Chic foodtruck will be serving the best yummy food for all racers and spectators. https://www.facebook.com/thedapperandchic. Stop and say hello to Jerry and the team. Ready to serve from 10.30am both days.
- Fox Suspension – Great news to have the Fox Suspension team travel from Sydney for the first QLD Superflow event. The team is happy to help and support all of our Rocky Trail riders.
- KRUSH – Matt and Emma are travelling up from Victoria to support and welcome our QLd riders. Don’t forget to grab your free bike wash giveaway from rego when collecting your race plate.
- Tech Support: No one on site but local bikes shops are available – Just Ride Nerang or Giant Nerang are always happy to help and support our riders.
- Jigsaw Jumps – will have a display. This innovative modular bike jump converts from a roller to a kicker.
- Shredding Trails – cool clothing apparel will have a display and show the process of manufacturing.
- Toilets: Cycle Centre toilets will be open just below the canteen area
- Water: Bring your own water, taps available on site
- BIkeWash Onsite wash available with KRUSH products
- Medical: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- Team tents – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Grab your Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco – cool design
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
First Fox Superflow?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see, and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have a fever.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: Please adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)