We welcome you to the 2021 Fox Superflow Season Opener!
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
During 2020 the Rocky Trail crew and racing community have adopted an additional set of event and racing rules in order to keep racing in the Covid-19 events environment. We are drawing on the experiences we have gained as organisers, however, also as a competitor and spectator at the events you play an important role. – Please take the time to watch or read through this entire rider briefing.
RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
Ride up un-timed.
Drop in with your buddies on each others tyre.
Or leave a space to pin.
This is about doing party trains, railing berms and
The Fox Superflow is Australia’s most popular gravity enduro series! And in 2021 we will race all down the East Coast of Australia – from the tip up in Queensland’s Tropical North via NSW and the ACT way down South in Victoria!
You know those perfect weekend rides with your besties? Fanging around with the little shredders? Always wanted to get your ‘other half’ to go racing with you? You love riding and exploring those trails together, meeting other riders and chatting about bikes and life, then racing each other absolutely smashing it down your favourite descent?You will love our Superflow™, because with us you can RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
In our Superflow™ races you “race the way you ride”. To keep social distancing measures in place and ensure clean race runs, we will continue to race on both Saturdays and Sundays in most events. You select your preferred day when signing up.
CATEGORIES + LIVE RESULTS
Lots of categories across all age groups! You get up to 5 race runs on each track! You pick the order in which you complete your race runs. Your fastest run on each track counts and there are LIVE results! Cross the line, pull out your phone and see how you went!
How does it work?
- Pick up the race plate from the rego tent in the morning – see race schedule below for timings. The race plate contains a timing chip for automatic timing.
- Untimed ride up: You ride to the starts un-timed, which means you can spend all day together with mates, your partner or the junior frothers!
- No start-order! There are usually three race tracks. To be in the results you have to clock in at least one race time on each race track – the combined race time counts in the results. You don’t have to race within your category – you can spend all day out together with mates and the fam. Everyone gets their race run and the timing system collates each category’s racers into the LIVE portal.
- 5 runs on each track! You get up to five attempts on each track and you can pick the order in which you complete them – do one on each and do it all again, or smash your favourite track as many times as you want and then move onto the next track – totally up to you. We time up to five attempts on each and your fastest time on each will then count.
- Automatic timing: We’ll have start marshalls in place and your time starts/finishes as soon as you cross the start/finish timing points.
- LIVE results: cross the line, check your time. Easy.
Venue: Ourimbah MTB Park
Ourimbah MTB Park at Ourimbah State Forest – Red Hill Road, Yarramalong, Wyong
Weather forecast: Status as at Thursday, 12pm = So far so good.
All systems are go, looking forward to a weekend with amazing racing conditions.
Race tracks: AWESOMENESS.
We had Australia’s Enduro Gun Mr. Josh Carlson himself do some track previews – check out his videos below. For those who raced in 2020, we’re running pretty much the same tracks.
A huge thank you to the local Central Coast MTB Club for hosting us and for constantly building and maintaining these amazing trails!
- Coffee-van: Coffee Van daily from 8am until early afternoon, serves hot and cold drinks as well as nourishing food, sweet and savoury snacks.
- Toilets in-ground permanent toilets, serviced regularly as per our Covid-Safe Plan
- First Aid: will be based in the event centre and roaming out on track.
- Race photography – all race images included in your entry!
- Roaming race marshals on bikes to assist out on track
- Mechanic: Bike’n’Shocks will be on-site for tech support.
- Ride Fox Australia will be on-site, get your shocks checked out and serviced!
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open for Saturday Superflow
9 am – 3.30 pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
8.30 am – 1 pm Registration open for Sunday Superflow
9 am – 3.30 pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
3 tracks – 1 run on each track – you get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
Please note that you need to pick your race day when you sign up online and the entry is only valid for that one day because of COVID-19 participant limits in place. This means that if you are registered for Saturday, you are not permitted on the trails or in the event centre on Sunday and vice versa.
General race regulations
- Race etiquette – Important: you MUST adhere to social distancing rules AND rude behaviour out on track is not acceptable. Please be kind to each other. We are all here to compete and to race and that is fine, but as owners of Rocky Trail Entertainment, Juliane and Martin Wisata EXPECT their competitors to be respectful of each other:
- We have seen an exciting and amazing influx of new competitors at Rocky Trail events an especially as we move into new regions with our races, we want to be very clear about this: EVERY competitor has a right to be out on track.
- We appreciate every racer and we have been building the Rocky Trail community for over a decade – we are grateful to have you all racing with us.
- Chat to Martin or Juliane if you have any questions and please talk to our crew if you need any help.
- If you are the parent or carer of a junior racer you can ride or run with them, either as a racer or see rego to nominate as a marshal.
- We love to help and chat! Our staff at rego and at the starts are there to help. Talk to them.
- No cheating! You need to stay on the race track. No cheating or ‘sneaky pro lines’ where you leave the track and reenter.
- Don’t litter – please take your rubbish back with you or throw it in the landfill or recycling bins we have near the registration tent.
- Toilets will be cleaned and disinfect during the day. Please let us know if they need a clean.
- Timing will be done with your timing chip – please ensure it is on your bike/attached to your chest and in the MTB that the plastic doesn’t touch any metal parts of your bike (e.g. don’t wrap the number plate around your handlebar).
- You agreed to our RACE WAIVER when you registered online – here is a link to the RACE WAIVER again
- Click here for DETAILED RACE RULES
Rider List and Results
From now on and all weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Race Director – Martin Wisata 0403 090 952
Event Management – Juliane Wisata 0416 737 972
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 300 per day (events up to 500 are allowed at the moment in NSW) you can see right away that we still err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh, but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the Covid-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the ACT Government and observe strict Social Distancing Rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Non-racing supporters and ANY visitor at the venue are required to sign in for an Event Access Pass ahead of the race as we are tracking all event participants! – Request your Access Pass AHEAD of the event via these links:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until Friday.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- if you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online and report to the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- You can practice on non-racing days (tracks are marked), but we won’t have any services (marshalls, first aid) in place.
- ARRIVAL & PARKING: When you arrive you will be directed to the car park areas.
- No parking in non-designated areas. Please follow signs and instructions by our crew.
- Event centre: if you are setting up a tent for riders you must respect social distancing guidelines.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from 8.00am
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- If you are late, don’t worry, come to see us at the rego tent and we will assist you. You can still have your race and we’ll explain it all to you then.
- Timing starts from 9am
- The official rider briefing usually held before the race start is replaced by this means of communication.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- No hand-shaking permitted at event.
- Please understand that we need to be very strict on this . Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- CHEERING: Keep 4m distance to the race track!
- If you ‘hackle’ or encourage other riders on their race run please do so at least 4m away from the race track.
- Shouting is a known source of virus transmission and we MUST minimise the risk there. Non-compliance will result in revoking race access or disqualification.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR RACE RESULTS with us or as soon as you cross the line! The top three podium getters in each age category will receive their series plate.
- There WILL NOT be an official CEREMONY.
- Podium positions 1-3 will receive a Series Plate with a place recognition plaque in the mail.
- If you are already racing with a Series Plate, you will receive the place recognition plaque.
- PERSONAL HYGIENE:
- No ‘snot rockets’ (blowing your nose without a tissue) in the vicinity of other people.
- Hand washing stations and sanitation stations are available at the venue.
- Please regularly clean your hands with an alcoholic-based hand rub or wash hands with soap and water (especially after going to bathroom, before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing).
- Riders and visitors are encouraged to wear (cycling) gloves when picking up number plates.
- Unless from the same family, we discourage you from car-pooling to the venue.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
- Non-competitors will need to sign on via the online system.
Enforcement of COVID Safe Plan
If we see blatant breaches of those rules we will ask you to leave the event. You are not only potentially endangering other racers, but also the future of our business.
We recommend but won’t enforce that all event participants use the Covid Safe App to assist health authorities with tracking potentially.
Please understand that the team won’t shake hands, hug, high five or fist bump anyone and will be trying keep some distance to all riders during registration, start and finish. There will be a lot socially distance elbow bumps from us, which is almost as good 🙂
Download the full Covid-19 Safety Plan below and here is a summary:
WHAT WILL NOT CHANGE
You will still have to get ready for the massive surge of adrenaline when you drop into your time race stages. When you rail those berms and fly across the trails, crossing the finish line with your heart pumping. You’re alive. You’re doing what you love. And that’s why Rocky Trail exist. So that you can RACE the way you RIDE.
You must be logged in to post a comment.