Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 Series START of the NSW/ACT Series at Ourimbah MTB Park on the NSW Central Coast!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This first is the SERIES race in the 2022 Fox Superflow® NSW/ACT SERIES.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- For those who can stay around for Sunday we will announce and acknowledge the winners, but don’t worry if you can’t, your personalised series podium mudguard will be ordered and posted to you.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Ourimbah MTB Park, Ourimbah State Forest – Red Hill Road, Yarramalong, Wyong
The race at Ourimbah State forest will feature many of the ‘must-ride’ trails! Have a cruisy day out or absolutely smash your legs all day. The harder you go, the more challenging it gets! For this Season each race has 3 race stages with 5 possible timed runs on each and the fastest one counts.
Race tracks used
You can check the race track previews by Josh Carslon below; note the only major change is that the FOX track will be including the recently opened TOP SECTION of the Amaroo trail as well!
- Fox track: Amaroo trail – from the top! Access via Red Hill Road fire trail (part of the “Tower Climb”).
- Stans track: Starts at Centre Link, then DH Switchies. Access from inside the trail network – go past original DH finish then via Potters Gully Road, follow signs from the event centre.
- Lazer track: Start located next to Stans start, head down BK Express, the Upper and Lower Switchies to Five Ways, across wooden berm, finish via bottom section of Rollercoaster. Access from inside the trail network – go past original DH finish then via Potters Gully Road, follow signs from the event centre.
Important: the main fire road climb is Red Hill Road. This is a public road and open to the public on race day. The road is NOT closed to the public. Please ride up on the left-hand side and watch out for oncoming traffic!
The forecast for the weekend is for the drizzle on the Central Coat to clear. We expect a few light showers with 1-5mm only, which is no cause for concern. Should be a great weekend for racing.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three tracks:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
First Fox Superflow?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Daily Espresso coffee van with snacks, lunch, coffee & hot/cold drinks
- Tech Support: Fox Factory Australia
- Event centre: is located at the main car park.
- Parking: please follow instructions of staff, if required.
- Toilets: The car park has public toilets.
- Camping: is allowed.
- Water: There is potable water at the carpark.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Plan your Visit
This event is supported by the Central Coast Council. From headland to hinterland, you’ll love the Central Coast on and off the ‘rocky trails’! Make this your late summer weekend getaway – race one day and explore beaches, bush and the hidden gems across the Central Coast on the other.
Click on the banner below for THREE blogs with Visitor Information by the Rocky Trail owners about their home region, the Central Coast.
Did you know that the Rocky Trail HQ is based there? Our founders have been living on the Central Coast for over a decade and have put together some visitor information for you – check out the Destination Guides for #rockytrailracers with links to Itineraries and Deals or browse the I Love Central Coast Visitor Portal.
What’s on at the race
Autograph session with Jack Moir
On Saturday, EWS Champion Jack Moir will be at Ourimbah signing these epic posters! This is his home track! We are beyond honoured for him to be at our race. What an absolute legend. – It’s our dream that a young world champ has this poster on their wall!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Limited stock, new designs dropping in 2022! Get Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Coming soon (fingers crossed already at Ourimbah!):
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have a fever.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- ACCESS: Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: Please adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)