Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 in Rockhampton!
Kicking off this weekend is round 4 and our first EWS qualifier round for 2022. The QLD crew is always pumped to offer a new venue for our series riders and introduce the Fox Superflow format to the locals. First impression of this region is that we need more time to explore, so much is on offer. The local club members have been hard at work getting the trails to mint condition and the recent rain was the finishing touch that was needed.
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have a jam-packed weekend of racing with this year’s Superflow® PRO series offering a 4th track to race at this event plus the bonus of an EWS qualifier round. Remember this is designed to test the seasoned racer and not for everyone.
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- At this event you can race BOTH Saturday and SUNDAY – timing chips are active on both days. The EWS Quali points (and 4th stage) are offered on the Sunday only.
- Classifications – in summary, racers get results for Fox Superflow® 3 stages and – if selected on Sunday – an additional classification for 4 stages with the Pro Stage.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
Pro Stage Info:
- U21, Elite and Master 35+ categories (based on EWS rules)
- We encourage a min. age of 17+ for the Pro Stages (based on EWS events) – chat to the crew at rego on the day, if you have any questions.
- Full-face helmet requirement on additional 4th stage, which will be checked at the start of the stage.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Rockhampton Mountain Bike Trails, 249 German St, Norman Gardens, Rockhampton, QLD 4701.
Event hub and parking will be located within the grassy parkland area. Look out for the MAXXIS flags on the drive away entry point for parking and follow the direction of our crew or marshalls.
Race tracks used
Fan favourite Megatron, a ribbon of dirt. Length 1.9km Vert.190m
Ever popular K-9, watch out, this one might bite. Length 1.6km Vert 180m
The Clubs choice for “best bang for your buck” “Whiteys” into “Cactus” with a long flat pedal at the botom. Length 1.2km Vert. 100m
MAXXIS TRACK – PRO & EWS STAGE
1 run needs to be recorded (fastest counts)
For the Pro’s “Jackhammer” into “Smoke Screen” – a climb to start before some janky goodness. Length 1.6km Vert. 190m
Attention EWS Quali Points chasers
Memberships: We received a reminder from the EWS Team to inform you that riders will need an active EWS membership in order to be eligible to collect EWS Global Ranking points. 2022 memberships are available here.https://www.enduroworldseries.com/ews-entry-overview/ews-membership/
Full of Queensland sunshine – High of 20c low of 7C.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three or four tracks across the whole weekend:
- Fox Superflow® riders tackle the 15 possible timed runs – you need to clock in at least one on each of the 3 tracks.
- Fox Superflow® PRO series riders (SUNDAY ONLY) tackle an ADDITIONAL 4th track with 20 possible timed runs – you need to clock in at least one on each of the 4 tracks.
- 13 hours available with all the support you need.
- Race Saturday or Sunday or BOTH – spend the whole weekend racing!
Remember no vehicle or towing shuttles are allowed – Don’t forget that liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
7.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
8.30am – Official welcome and rider briefing
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Presentations
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded on Sunday.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates and stickers can be collected at the next race.
- MTB Direct vouchers for 1-2-3 podiums will be sent out via email.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
- Food & Drink:
- Spuds 2 Go – will be on site both days providing lots of lunch options. https://www.facebook.com/Spuds2go
- Groupset Coffee – Johnno is travelling North with us all. Great coffee, make sure you support those who support us. https://www.facebook.com/groupset.coffee
- Fox Factory Australia – the full team will be rocking up, race team and all! Full service support team – get your shocks fixed and find out about the latest technology. #walloforange
- Maxxis – Say G’day to the crew, they’re giving away 15x MAXXIS Topeak Pressure Gauge on the weekend!
- Huck to Flat – check out the cool bike bits.
- Tech Support – no on-site support. Make sure you check your bike before coming to site and bring spares.
- Toilets: Three port a loos available at the event hub.
- Camping: no camping on site.
- Water: no water on site, bring your own supplies.
- Medical: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- Team tents – Are welcome – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Race Director – Bob Morris 0458 299 558
Event Manager – Jo Parker 0424 955 332
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Rocky Trail X Dharco Jerseys
Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies & T-shirts
First Fox Superflow?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see, and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
COVID Event Guidelines
Rocky Trail Entertainment has all required Covid Safety plans and requirements in place.
We ask that if If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu or have a fever, that you please NOT come to the race. Please contact us immediately and we will transfer or refund your entry.
Now, get ready!
Rocky Trail race vibes on the go!
Listen to Rocky Trail Radio powered by earSHOTS to get ready to race!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)
You must be logged in to post a comment.