Wed, 24 November 2021
- Unfortunately we have to postpone the event (see video below with all the details as to why)
- The new date is 22. + 23. January 2022
- The race will still be part of the 2021 season, the final series event
- All registered riders will automatically be transferred to the new date
- If you wish to cancel your entry or get a credit for any Rocky Trail event in 2022, please fill out this form before December 1
- Registration will reopen December 1 for all those riders currently on the waiting list
Scroll down for the original rider briefing for the November event. All content will be updated in January in the lead up to the new race date.
Welcome to the super popular Fox Superflow® FINALE of this year’s NSW/ACT Series at Awaba MTB Park!
The November event was SOLD OUT. To go onto the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- This event is the FINAL race in the Fox Superflow® NSW/ACT SERIES for 2021! For those who can stay around for Sunday we will announce and acknowledge the winners but don’t worry if you can’t, your personalised mudguard will be ordered and posted to you.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
IMPORTANT: Fox Superflow® entry rules
As per current NSW health regulations in place, you need to be fully vaccinated in order to race unless you are under 16 years old or have a medical exemption. We are required to check vaccination status before we can hand out your race plate.
Those rules also apply to spectators and supporters.
We can only put on the event right now by adhering to those rules. Please refer to our “Return to Racing News” for more details.
Riders from previous rounds with transfers, please check the rider list that your name is on it. Click on this link to check the RIDER LIST.
Key things to remember:
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open-air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks.
- We are tracking all event participants via the Service NSW Covid Check In App – non-racing supporters and ANY visitors at the venue are required to sign in at the registration tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub, then show proof of vaccination when prompted:
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
Awaba MTB Park, Olney State Forest – Jenkins Rd, Freemans Waterhole NSW
- Venue: Awaba MTB Park, Jenkins Rd, Freemans Waterhole NSW 2323 – Freemans Drive Exit, then Mt Faulk Road entry into the park. Follow fire trail to main car park
- Event Hub: Main car park
Race tracks used
- FOX Track: Biraban, Little Falcon into Red Loop, access from the event centre via Mt Faulk Road, go past the EWS start and traverse towards Fox Start.
- STANS Track: recommended to do this track after you’ve done the Fox track (follow the signs) – from the Fox finish it’s a short climb to the start of the Wild Polly track. Start at the Rocky Trail sign. Ride back to the event centre via the Red Loop.
- LAZER Track: we race Faulk line, access from the event centre via Mt Faulk Road fire road.
Important: Mt Faulk Road is a public road and open to the public on race day. The road is NOT closed to the public. Please ride up on the left-hand side and watch out for oncoming traffic!
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity to race three tracks:
- Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- Select Saturday or Sunday
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Schedule – for all participants
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Saturday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
8.30am – 1.00pm Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm Sunday Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm Last Race Run
3.45pm Event Wrap Up
You choose either Saturday or Sunday as your race day during the registration process.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Fox Australia will be on-site
- Daily Espresso coffee van with snacks, lunch, coffee & hot/cold drinks
- Tech Support provided by Bike’n’Shocks
- Crofto merchandise will have a stand – say G’day to the new crew and scroll down for details about their giveaways!
- RAD bike co will be on-site
- Event centre: is located at the main car park.
- Parking: please follow instructions of staff, if required.
- Toilets: The car park has public toilets.
- Camping: is allowed.
- Water: There is potable water at the carpark.
- MEDICAL: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- TEAM TENTS – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
What’s on at the race
Autograph session with Jack Moir
On Saturday, EWS Champion Jack Moir will be at Awaba signing these epic posters! This is his home track! We are beyond honoured for him to be at our race. What an absolute legend. – It’s our dream that a young world champ has this poster on their wall!
Win Crofto Prize Packs
Crofto wil be on-site and is giving away 3 prize packs each on Sat and Sun! An Enduro package, a pair of Shorts and a pair of gloves on Saturday and a Riders Package, pair of shorts and pair of socks on Sunday! Sign up for the giveaway ot the Crofto stand!
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Limited stock, new designs dropping in 2022! Get Rocky Trail T-shirts ($35) and hoodies ($65) for that post-race recovery chill!
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- NEW Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates including any new COVID restriction announcements mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if QLD tips upside down like the other states.
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe?
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the COVID-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the Government and observe strict social distancing rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until the weekend.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- Race tracks are closed to the general public.
- If you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online via the APP.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer.
- PARTICIPANT Check-In:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to check-in via the relevant state/territory Covid APP
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)