YT IS HERE FOR #GOODTIMES WITH ROCKY TRAIL ENTERTAINMENT THIS WEEKEND AT TOOWOOMBA!
FOR THE BEST TIME, CHECK OUT THE RIDER BRIEFING POWERED BY YT BELOW!
RACE THE WAY YOU RIDE
Welcome to the Fox Superflow® 2022 at Toowoomba in the beautiful Darling Downs region!
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
After a cracking round 1 in Nerang we now head up The Range to Jubilee Park in Toowoomba. The weather has been good so riders will have had more time on the bike to lay down some fast runs this weekend. It is the first time on the Rocky Trail calendar we bring the very popular Fox Superflow® format to the Darling Down region and we hope to see lots of new riders join us on the trails.
We are also excited to offer the PRO track for the first time in QLD, which is an option on Sunday to add and complete the 4 tracks across the day.
Format at Toowoomba:
- You pick Sat OR Sun as your race day.
- Pro Stage on Sunday (= 3x Fox Superflow® stages plus additional 4th Superflow® Pro stage)
- Fox Superflow® classification for 3 race stages for all riders
- IF you select Pro for Sunday you will get an ADDITIONAL ranking for the 4-stages (3+Pro).
Remember the PRO track idea is to test the riders who are looking for more technical trails and help develop the pathway towards events such as Downhill and EWS rounds. The PRO track requires full face helmet and protective gear.
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as you cross the line.
- PRIZE Ceremony: MTB DIRECT sponsors over $20,000 worth of online vouchers for this year’s series for your next shopping spree on their site for 1-2-3 category podium getters!
- Giveaways from our sponsors.
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
ABOUT the venue
Jubilee Mountain Bike Park, Toowoomba QLD
- Jubilee Park is well known for its massive and testing trail network.
- All race tracks are designed to be accessed from the Amos Road trail head area. Remember no towing or vehicle shuttles are allowed in the event.
GETTING THERE AND PARKING:
Amos Rd is at the bottom of the range. Turn off the old highway (Toowoomba Connection Rd) at Withcott onto Jones Rd. At approximately 4km turn left onto Amos Rd. Parking is available on a property approximately 800m up Amos Rd on the left. Vehicles with vans or trailers need to stop here. We will check the site after the rain to determine the best 2wd parking area.
Event Hub is 400m further up Amos Rd.
Race tracks used
- FOX Track: Will now run Dirty Granny into Centrelink finishing just above the event hub (2.1km – 165 vert)
- STANS Track: Sharing its start with LAZER the classic “Calabri” onto “Rock and Roll” to finish just below the event hub (1.3km – 125 vert)
- LAZER Track: Sharing its start with STANS “Highline” into “Viper” to finish on “Rollercat” (1.4km – 125m)
- MAXXIS PRO TRACK – Starts on Mackenzie Frenzy from the top into Hotrod before finishing on Lower Frenzy just above the event hub (1.7km – 260 vert)
- Un-timed Liaisons: up the bridle fire road trail
The Fox Superflow® format provides so many options to the rider, and this weekend the opportunity is:
Saturday – 3 Superflow® tracks or
Sunday – 3 Superflow® tracks or select the PRO and race 3 Superflow® + 1 Pro track
- You can tackle five runs on each track or just do a minimum of one on each track.
- 6.5 hours available with all the support you need.
- PRO categories are limited – Elite, Master 35+, Juniors U21 and ebike
Remember no vehicle or towing shuttles are allowed – Don’t forget that liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab your mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded for your effort.
Schedule – for all participants
7.30am – Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm – Saturday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm – Last Race Run
7.30am – Registration open
9.00am – 3.30pm – Sunday race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs. You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
3.30pm – Last Race Run
3.45pm – Event Presentations for Fox Superflow® and Pro Series
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail series podium plates and stickers can be collected at the next race.
- MTB Direct vouchers for 1-2-3 poidums will be sendt via email.
We thank the support of local businesses across the weekend;
- Food & Drinks:
- Other Services:
- YT Bikes – event tent and bikes. Stop and have a chat to Kaiden and Co
- Maxxis – Craig will be on site with lots of goodies to show and maybe giveaway
- Bikeline Toowoomba – will be setup Sunday showcasing apparel and have bike parts for sale
- HucktoFlat – cool display with bike parts and racing team
- Shredding Trails – clothing apparel
- Free Redbull cans from rego available all day long
- Toilets: The event hub has two long drop toilets.
- Camping: is allowed and will be popular! Make sure you think of others when setting up.
- Water: Bring your own water, no facility on site.
- Bike wash: We have a bike wash setup with the help of Bairnsdale Bikes.
- Medical: On-site in the event centre and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
- Team tents – Are welcome – please email email@example.com to secure your spot near the Event Hub – plenty of space available!
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
Sunshine all weekend but cool temps predicted – low of 5, high of 18. Good News: New-design Rocky Trail hoodies are back in stock, perfect for the chilly morning.
You don’t need to be a member of any cycling association to race with Rocky Trail. Some offer great insurance packages which are worthwhile checking out and you are in charge of your own health insurance when racing with us.
Race plates with passive timing chips, automatic race timing and LIVE results online all day.
Rider List and LIVE Results Toowoomba:
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! Before the race day the page will display the RIDER LIST and from the race start onwards it will switch to LIVE then on Sunday after the race to final results. You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters. Please feel comfortable to register knowing we will refund or transfer your entry if required.
We can’t wait to see you smashing it! Remember, your race photos are included in your entry. Be sure to download them after the race and share your stories with eeeeeveryone using:
We need your help this weekend with marshalling two of the road crossing points. Give a couple of hours that would be amazing.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand, complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders luv seeing supporters at our events.
Rocky Trail Merchandise:
- Rocky Trail Jerseys designed by Dharco ($75-$85)
- New in: Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies $65 and T-shirts $35
- Socks $15
- Mudguards $20
- Rocky Trail hats made from recycled materials “eco-choice” – $30
- Available from the Rocky Trail rego desk all weekend!
Rocky Trail X Dharco Jerseys
Rocky Trail X Sendy Hoodies & T-shirts
First Fox Superflow®?
Yeow!! Welcome to the Rocky Trail Tribe! It’s a very chilled out vibe, you’ll see, and you can make the day YOUR adventure. All our crew are very chatty, so do talk to them at rego and at the starts, they will be more than happy to support and talk you through things. Come to the rego tent first to pick up your plate and then it all falls into place. Here are some blogs that may be helpful, plus we are emailing the rider briefing out today as well:
COVID-specific Event Guidelines
Rocky Trail Entertainment has all required Covid Safety plans and requirements in place.
We ask that if If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu or have a fever, that you please NOT come to the race. Please contact us immediately and we will transfer or refund your entry.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)