Welcome to the Fox Superflow in Townsville! This is some general information for race participants and visitors on the weekend.
This Superflow race is absolutely going to rock your world! Supported by Townsville Enterprise Limited and the Townsville City Council, this event will take you to Townsville’s Mount Douglas Reserve trails with three radical timed race stages – the “epitome of superflow”, says our crew on the ground! Lots of exposed rock sections, a heap of flowy descents, which will dial the froth factor to 11 for locals and visiting racers alike!
We invite you to explore beautiful Townsville with us on and off the ‘rocky trails’!
Boasting more than 300 days of sunshine each year and surrounded by stunning natural landscapes, Townsville North Queensland is just the place to ignite your sense of wonder.
From the underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef to the vast landscapes of the outback and stunning Heritage-listed rainforest, Townsville North Queensland has something for everyone – on and off the rocky (mountain bike) trails!
STAY & PLAY – Check out our Destination Guide for exclusive Offers and information about what’s on in Townsville for #rockytrailracers!
VIRTUAL RIDER BRIEFING
We have you covered across the weekend with many local businesses coming out and supporting the event. Remember:
- registration will stay open all weekend so spread the word and grab your mate to join and become a rockytrailracer!
- At this Fox Superflow event you can do your 5 race runs on each track across 2 days or just one – pick your adventure!
- All track runs are live timed so check your result as your cross the line.
- This event is the third and final race in the Fox Superflow QLD NORTH SERIES – the QLD South Series is starting in July!
GENERAL RIDER BRIEFING CONTENT IN WRITING
A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Maintain social distancing at all times in the open air event hub and when purchasing food and drinks.
- We are tracking all event participants via the Covid Check In App by the State/Territory – non-racing supporters and ANY visitor at the venue are required to sign in at the registrations tent or use the QR code posters available around the event hub:
We can wait to see you smashing it! – Remember, your race photos are included in your entry, be sure to download them after the race and share your stories using:
ABOUT the venue
- Venue: Mount Douglas Reserve – Angus Smith Dr, Douglas QLD 4814
Two days of racing or one, your adventure awaits. = almost 11 hours of timed racing with all the support you need.
The Fox Superflow format provides so many options to the rider;
Tackle the 15 timed runs or just do one on each track.
Don’t forget liaison to the starts are not timed, so grab you mate, friend, mum or dad and enjoy the leisurely ride to the top then be rewarded with sweet flowy long tracks straight back into the event hub. Remember no shuttling allowed!
Race tracks used
- FOX – Starting at the very top of the hill The FOX track starts down the new track “Tinder” to “Ring Bark Frog” before breaking off onto a pedally section of “Tower link” to get over to the last stretch of “Taipan” before finishing on the super fun “Flow Trail” to finish. Liaison uses “Up the Backside” and “Spiderbait” back to the top of the hill.
- STANS – Starting at “Haydens Hump” the course follows the “Rock and Roll 2 and 3” and “Jump Street” to finish near the event village. Liaison will use various links to back to “Easy Street” back to the start.
- LAZER – Leaves the top of the hill and uses “Rock and Roll” to descend onto the “Ridgeline”. Past the Ironbark hub the track joins the “Ridgeline Gravity” to finish in suburbia. Liaison back up “Keelback” and the “Long Way Up” to return to the top.
All A-lines will remain open!
Schedule – for all participants
8.00 am – 1 pm Registration open
9 am – 3.30 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest one counts.
3.30 pm Last Race Run
8.00 am – 1 pm Registration open
9 am – 1.30 pm Race runs – you can choose the order in which you do your race runs.
You get up to 5 runs per track and the fastest counts.
1.30 pm Last Race Run
2.00pm Event wrap-up and podium for those who are still around. North QLD Series winners will be announced.
You can race on both Saturday and Sunday, your timing chip is active on both days. Complete all race runs in one day or split them across both.
- A virtual podium presentation will be posted online after the race.
- A podium presentation will be held for those at the event centre with 1-2-3 podium spots awarded.
- Those who are not present on Sunday, Rocky Trail podium prizes will be posted.
Attention: Riders please carry plenty of water!
We thank the support of the local business across the weekend;
- Food and cold drinks – club BBQ will be operating – burger & drink deal $10. Bring cash!
- TheTeam and Rocky Trail Radio powered by earSHOTS will be filling the air across the weekend.
- PORT-A-LOOS ONSITE: located at the Western end of the carpark.
- WATER: No potable water is available on site, so don’t forget to bring your supply.
- MEDICAL: on-site in the event centre medical support and roaming out on track. The Race Director mobile number is available on your race plate for any issues out on track.
Outer Image Collective photographers will be on site to snap that action photo you have been dreaming about.
Rocky Trail is always looking for crew to support the riders. If you can lend a hand either Saturday or Sunday complete our online form https://rockytrailentertainment.com/home/volunteering/ or contact Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of the team. Riders’ luv seeing supporters at our events.
Weekend weather has a slight chance of rain Saturday, which will help settle the dust, with sunshine expected for Sunday.
Event updates during the race / weekend:
We always announce any major updates mainly via the FB event page, as well as our news blog and email newsletters:
Rider List and Results
All weekend you can find links to Rider List and LIVE Results via the drop-down menu from the event page on our website! You can check these now and throughout the weekend via your mobile devices – to reduce touch points we will not have any public display computers on-site.
COVID-specific Event Rules
How are we running this event and how do we keep you safe? By limiting the rider field to 300 per day you can see right away that we still err on the side of caution. So please understand if some of the rules appear harsh, but we need to ensure that we can keep racing in this new world.
- Social Distancing: Our main request is that you follow the Covid-Safe rules and regulations as laid out by the QLD Government and observe strict Social Distancing Rules throughout your race day. A lot of thought has gone into this Rider Briefing and we expect all competitors and non-racing visitors to comply with how this event will be run. It is very challenging and a privilege to host this event and participate in this race – we appreciate your cooperation.
- Every competitor and visitor in the event centre is required to Check In via the State/Territory Covid App:
Rocky Trail Covid-19 safety guidelines:
- BEFORE THE RACE: If any of the following applies please contact us immediately.
We will transfer or refund your entry but you CAN NOT PARTICIPATE in the event:
- If you are showing any signs of the cold or flu.
- If you have event the slightest fever (we have facilities on site to test and will send you home immediately if you have fever).
- Please be aware that we will and are ready to shut down and postpone the event if direct Federal or State Health orders change in the event lead up until Friday.
- For details regarding event transfers or to cancel an entry, please refer to our policy.
- ON RACE DAY: There are a few important changes on how we run things on the day:
- We have exclusive use of the trail network. Limited tracks are available for social riding. Please speak with Jo at rego before heading out on track.
- if you are spectating on your non-racing day, please check in online and report to the Rego tent as a supporter/visitor.
- You can practice on non-racing days, but we won’t have any services (marshalls, first aid) in place.
- Volunteers are welcome, again come out and bring your bike if you have one.
- RACE PLATE: You can pick up your race plate with the timing chip from the rego and info point – check the schedule for opening times.
- This way we avoid queues near the registration area.
- RACING & ETIQUETTE: You MUST adhere to SOCIAL DISTANCING rules!
- If you queue up at a start line please leave a bike length between each other.
- Overall we don’t expect much queuing as the field will spread quickly.
- When you finish your race please give each other as much space as possible.
- RESULTS & CEREMONY:
- Race results are LIVE throughout the day.
- Access race results via the website.
- Giveaways for every racer
- IMPORTANT: CHECK YOUR RACE RESULTS with us or as soon as you cross the line! The top three podium getters in each age category will receive their podium prize.
- PARTICIPANT TRACKING:
- Every person at the event (including non-racers) need to register.
- Racers will be tracked with race plates.
- Non-competitors will need to sign on via the online system.
Now, get ready!
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)