Race the Mountain Bike enduro series that rocks!
Round 1, 5 March 2016 // Glenrock Conservation Area, Adamstown Heights/Newcastle NSW
(last updated: Thu, 25 February)
Be among the first to participate in a cross-country lap race at Glenrock – sign up for Round 1 of the SHIMANO MTB GP! We’ll be using the best bits of this iconic MTB location in Newcastle.
Race for four or seven hours, solo or in teams – online registration is open.
Share your race experience with us – use the official event hashtags:
- Online registration closes as soon as we reach our capacity of 300 riders.
- Age determination day is December 31 of the current racing year, meaning how old you are at the end of the year determines which category you can race.
- If you are racing in a team where riders fall in different age groups the following rules apply:
- If all team riders are over 19 years old then the youngest defines the age group.
- If one team rider is under 19 then the average age will define the age group.
- Each rider needs to agree to our General Race Rules
- Each rider needs to sign our Race Waiver; parents or guardians needs to sign on behalf of riders younger than 18 years (sign-in forms at registration tent on race day). A copy of the waiver can be found on our Race Rules page.
- As of 2016 you do not need to be a member of any national cycling association to race with Rocky Trail Entertainment. We obtained an industry-independent public liability insurance and no longer require day licenses or membership proof. This gives you as a Rocky Trail racer more choice – you are still covered at our events if you are a member of a mountain bike club, but you can also choose to obtain any other additional insurance.
>> What’s included in your race entry
As a #rockytrailracer you’ll get your prizes before the race – pick a ticket and choose what you like from the “Rocky Trail Bazaar” and some of you will go into the draw for major prizes:
- Free rider photos by OuterImage.com.au – All your rider photos are included in the entry fee – simply download them from the OuterImage online portal in the week after the event!
- Ticket for your chance to pick a sponsor prize from the Rocky Trail bazaar OR to go into the draw for a major prize
- Entry for spectators is free.
Rocky Trail Entertainment also offers free kids activities on race-day with games, colouring-in competitions and a junior race with fun prizes and certificates of achievement.
(incl. links to live updates during the event and series progress results)
Throughout the series you will be able to collect points for overall seriesWe will be awarding overall series titles after the race ceremonies of both the 4 hour and 7 hour events – the top 3 winners in each general classification and age group will be presented with a trophy. Best four out of possible six race results count – see our rules and regulations for the details.
>> Important note – SHIMANO MTB GP Series points
Our new timing system allows us to calculate series points at the click of a button, thanks to our genius partner from RaceResult.com and Martin’s inner nerd.
What we are asking is that you keep your Team Name exactly the same throughout the entire series – it’s the field that collates laps and race times during the race and important for the series points calculation as well. Solo riders who didn’t specify a team (sponsor) name will notice, that we used their First+Last Name for that purpose.
We will once again run the JetBlack Bikeshop Trophy – nominate your bikeshop when you sign up and your points go towards their shop. At the end of the season we will reward the shop with most points generated by riders racing for them.
We want to reward as many riders as possible with prizes across the series. We will be looking after and welcoming our elite racers as we have in previous years and our focus in 2015 is to deliver a series that is less of a winners-only-focused competition, but a positive and inclusive experience for all participants.
What you race for:
- GC podium places will receive a certificate and a prize
- Age category podium places will receive a certificate of achievement
- Series GC podium places will receive a special trophy and certificate
- Series Category podium places will receive a special trophy and certificate
- To take home the physical series trophy, riders will need to be present at the ceremony.
We will be able to have live timing at Round 1, so stay tuned via our website results portal. We should have a preliminary rider list online by Thursday. Live updates will be posted via our Twitter portal – a feed is available on our website also.
- As Glenrock is a National Park area we won’t be allowed to camp at the event centre.
- Here is a link to accommodation options in the area – near Lake Macquarie or Newcastle
The event centre will be at the Glenrock trailhead on Gun Club Road in Adamstown Heights/Newcastle.
Unfortunately camping won’t be available at the this track.
There is plenty of parking right at the event centre. Please follow instructions by event staff.
This is the preliminary race track:
We also have a B-track in place in case of bad weather – there is a map on our website.
The Daily Espresso caterers will be on-site, serving yummy snacks and hot food as well as hearty coffee and cool drinks.
Water – please bring plenty of water with you as we expect a warm day.
- Free kids race will be happening around midday
- Pink First Aid will be looking after us
- The SHIMANO crew will be there, racing with us
- Le Spit Cyclery will offer tech support.