Race the original 4 and 7 hour endurance series solo or in teams on one of the most popular tracks, the “Enduro Trail” at Mt Annan’s Australian Botanic Garden! We will use the entire trail network and put together the longest possible race track – it’s a track that will put your endurance to the test, but with its berms and singletrack goodness it’s a very rewarding one too.
Some of the strongest contestants in the four-hour race include current elite series leader Paris Basson from Narrabeen, Quantum Racer Michael Kafka as well as four-time World Enduro Motor Cross Champion-turned mountain biker, Stefan Merriman from Corlette. Max Richardson from the Central Coast and Canberra racers Callum McNamara and Ed McDonald are expected to enter a fierce battle for the seven-hour elite men’s series lead, which is held by Richardson by only 20 points at the moment and with three consecutive wins Newcastle’s Bryan Dunkin has the junior GP4 Hour series lead in firm hands.
>> How to get there
Mount Annan is about 45-60 minutes from Sydney’s CBD and about two hours drive from Canberra near Campbelltown. There are some venue-specific guidelines, which we’d like to bring to your attention:
- Camping won’t be available on the garden grounds overnight.
- On SATURDAY, enter via the old gate on Mt Annan Drive between 7am-10am.
- On SATURDAY, from 10am, supporters and spectators enter via the main gate on Narellan Road.
- Once inside the garden, please follow the signs to the Enduro Trail.
- Please follow instructions from rangers regarding parking and set up.
- If you still need accommodation, please contact our hotel partner, the Rydges Campbelltown. Mention Rocky Trail and you’ll get a
- preferred rate.
- Here is a link to other accommodation options in the area
- Food and drinks will be available all day including deliciously invigorating coffee, hot and cold drinks, yummy snacks and hearty pasta meals
- Free kids race will be happening around midday and we have invited a Face Painter to entertain the munchkins between 10am and 1pm
- Results will be displayed on PC’s in the event centre and regularly uploaded to our website
- Tracey Robinson Trophy will be awarded for fastest female lap time
- Pink First Aid will be looking after us
- Cell Bikes will have their Awaba 2.0 demo fleet for you to test.
- Flow Bikes will offer tech support. While you are there check out their Mondraker range of bikes that they bring into the country.
SHIMANO XTR Di2
Hydrate for the weekend because there will be a lot of drool. Shimano are bringing out their XTR Di2 product range for us all to have a look at.