Rocky Trail Entertainment in conjunction with Nerang State High School presents the second Gold Coast Schools Mountain Bike Comp at Nerang National Park.
This event is all about encouraging students of all abilities to come and race with their mates in a safe and social environment. They will have an exciting racing experience and enjoy a fun event atmosphere together – great memories to share! Students will have the opportunity to test their riding ability across three skill areas on the popular Nerang mountain bike trails – Endurance, Speed and Technical Skills.
Nerang National Park – Hope Street Nerang
Parking: Event parking will be available inside the gate to the left
8 am – Event Village & Registration open
9 am – Rider call up – rider briefing will be available online
9.15 am – 2.00 pm Race runs – depending on rider numbers each category may be allocated a track and rotated during the day
1.50 pm Last Race Run
- Open to all Secondary school students.
- Entry cost – $40 per rider, individual registration online
- Registration will open closer to the event date
Riders will be grouped by gender and categories
- Juniors – Years 7 or 8,
- Intermediate – Years 9 or 10,
- Seniors – Years 11 or 12
- Competition will consist of 3 timed sections.
- Depending on registration numbers, each age category maybe allocated to a track and rotated.
- Categories will progress to the next track after 1hr 20min.
- Tracks have been designed to test a variety of skills, including endurance, speed and technical ability.
- Riders may ride each timed section up to 5 times on each track with their fastest time counting.
- Combined best times will be totalled for the overall result for each rider.
Podiums & Prizes
- Junior Male
- Junior Female
- Intermediate Male
- Intermediate Female
- Senior Male
- Senior Female
Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 riders in each category, and Champions school.
Schools must provide a Team Manager who who is requested to watch the virtual rider briefing video, communicate to the team course specific details, help identifying parent volunteers on the day and be the emergency contact point if no parent is on site. Nominated Team Manager are requested to email Jo Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm role and best contact number.
May we ask that the nominated Team Managers contact our Event Manager Jo Parker via email at email@example.com to confirm school, your contact details and mobile number before the event.
If your school would like to be invoiced for students registration please contact Jo to arrange a registration code. Students/Parents are encouraged to sign up online and throughout the process will be prompted to add their Team Managers name.
Student can register independently of school but need to nominate adult volunteer to support on the day.
Each school will need to supply a minimum of one Volunteer for the whole day but more the merrier is welcome.
Volunteers may be asked to marshal the course, watch for injured riders and rule adherence, help organise riders at the start, assist timing, or assist at registrations.
Riders in each category will accrue points towards an Overall Schools award.
- 1 Point will be allocated for each timed section
- “Bonus” points will be awarded to the fastest 5 riders on each track per category and for overall fastest 5 accumulated time.
- 1st -10pts, 2nd – 7pts, 3rd – 4pts, 4th – 2pts and 5th – 1pt.
- You ride up to the starts – this time does not count. Shuttling is not allowed.
- You race down on a pre-determined track. Riders are required to stay on the designated marked track. No short cutting the track even if it is not bunted – this time does count.
- Passing: being friendly out on the track goes a long way. Let the rider you are about to pass know when and on which side. E.g. “rider coming up, passing on your right when you are ready”. Then say thanks and keep on smashing it. If you are being passed find the next best place to move to the side and let them pass.
- If a race is deemed unsafe because of storm, rain, fire etc we will pause it, assess the situation and if possible restart it again when safe.
- Riders must register before they will be allowed to practice.
- Race numbers must be displayed on the handlebars of the bicycle. The number plate must be readable, so it must be fastened as flat as possible. Altering, cutting or placing of unauthorised sponsors’ logos on numbers can result in a penalty. You can keep your number plate as a memento of your race.
- All riders must wear a bike helmet that has been authorised by Australian Standards (or approved international standard) at all times when riding and racing. You will be required to wear fully enclosed foot wear and gloves are recommended.
- Riders do not have to be a member of a cycling association or club to be allowed to race.
- Riders are responsible to cover yourself for the race. If you have any questions, please contact Event Manager Jo Parker at Rocky Trail Entertainment.
- No garbage policy: please don’t litter out on the track. We will penalise you if we see you do it.
- Riders are not permitted outside assistance from spectators, officials or other riders except within designated feeding or technical assistance zones.
- Riders are required to provide assistance to injured riders by staying with the injured rider until assistance arrives and notifying the next rider to inform the next track official. Riders providing assistance will be permitted to have a rerun even if the allocated time has elapsed.
- Riders must be registered in their own name and not substitute for other riders without the prior consent of the race organiser.
Be a #rockytrailracer in Queensland! After our journeys north RTE QLD has settled back in the SE corner to kick off the end of the
The Rocky Trail Academy is all about fostering the grass-roots development of the cycling sport. These events are part of our junior rider development program,
Get pumped, get frothing, get excited and RACE the way you RIDE at theNorth QLD Schools MTB Comp at Douglas MTB Reserve in Townsville QLD!
“Our recent partnership with Rocky Trail Entertainment is of great benefit for our students undertaking their Certificate III in Active Volunteering. This qualification encourages students to become active members of their community and develop their own leadership potential. The recent race allowed our students to demonstrate the qualities of an effective volunteer. They enjoyed their day assisting in the race and would definitely want to return next year! A partnership like this is crucial for Nerang as it provides students the opportunity to build their volunteering hours which are crucial in attaining the qualification. Thanks to Rocky Trail Entertainment for making this happen.“
“The Rocky Trail Academy Gold Coast Schools Competition provided a great opportunity for our students to race against each other in a friendly, fun and very social format. While students raced each stage individually, they were still racing together as a school for the overall school title. This was by far the most enjoyable school activity our students have participated in this year!”
Join the Rocky Trail community
Sign up to our newsletter and we will keep you posted about everything that is happing in Queensland and the Rocky Trail Community!
Do you have questions?
For further details, please contact our Event Manager Jo Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 0424 955 332.