The uncertainty of the COVID-19 outbreak can sometimes be overwhelming. Like Martin wrote in his blog to update our community about where we are at with events and updating our race calendar for the rest of the season, we’ll try to use these next few weeks and invest our time into our Rocky Trail community as well.
We have a really active Facebook Group – join the “Rocky Trail Family” to stay in touch with fellow riders and supporters! We recently put up a post encouraging members to promote their own business or one that they want to support. The response has been really positive and that’s why we want to create a platform where the you can offer and find resources and information, so here goes:
Got your own business? A great boss? someone you want to support?
This is the time we need to protect businesses, and ensure the economy survives. It might mean thinking about buying local rather than OS, or just becoming aware of what is around. This community is small, but we’d love to help if we can. Lets all support each other!
How? – Send an email to email@example.com and include:
- A one paragraph description of your business or resource
- If you want, include an offer (ie, special code for #rockytrailracers)
- Address and contact details (if you have a physical location) – we’ll try to come up with a way so that we can have categories and geographical areas to search for
- A relevant photo if you have one and/or one of yourself
- We’d love to see a collection of – businesses, contractors, service offerings, whatever you want your fellow racers and supporters to know and find, send it through.
Resources that we think will be really helpful to our community in these challenging times:
- Resources for families or kids (find our Rocky Trail Kids Club page here)
- Resources for fellow racers – how do you train at home? – If you are a coach, don’t be afraid to promote your business or services!
- Healthy recipes, nutrition plans to keep our immune system up
- What are your favourite exercise resources or plans?
Let’s stick together in these tough times, even though we can’t see each other at Rocky Trail events for now!