To re-start the season, the original MTB GP race format will be changed slightly and there will be new rules and regulations to make sure we all adhere to social distancing and gathering laws currently in place.
Those laws tend to change quickly and we will be constantly screening any developments – our racing rules will be a constant work in progress and we will keep adapting them over the next weeks and months. Our aim is to keep the format as close as possible to the original one that you love.
All Rocky Trail events are operated under a strict Covid-19 safety plan until further notice. The main task for all race participants is to strictly observe social distancing throughout the whole event. We kindly ask that you stay at least 1 bike length apart from each other.
In order to spread out the rider field we will have several start waves. Please check the event schedule to find out when exactly you will start. All starts will be between 9am and 10am in the morning.
- STARTS: Racing will commence in the morning with a waves of riders doing a traditional gun start for the GP7 and the GP4.
- FINISH: When you finish your race all huffing and puffing, please do that at least 2 metres away from any fellow rider. We will make sure that there is plenty of space around the timing mats near the event centre and we’ll monitor the movements.
- The event centre layout will be a lot bigger than in the past to allow for everyone to have plenty of space. We will not have a dedicated transition area for teams but you can transition anywhere within the event centre.
- THE ‘ENTERTAINMENT’ BIT: With some temporary adjustments, what will NOT change is how much we all love racing and how much fun it will be to race your bikes out on those rocky trails. We’ll have music, we’ll have a laugh and we’ll all have a helluva day out together.
Get into the racing mood and listen to Rocky Trail Radio. Mista DJ Nige has been uploading some smashing choonz over the last few weeks – you must check out those IsoSessionz!! Click here to tune in!
Spectators and supporters
Every spectator, supporter or guardian plus ANY member of the public or media needs to register via the race online sign-up process. This will be a complementary race visitor entry and is FREE.
The reason we set it up this way is, because we are implementing a system of tracking not only competitors, but every single event participant through this accreditation process.
How it works:
- We are investing in more timing and tracking equipment that will allow us to track movements in and out of the event centre as well as out on the race track.
- Spectators/visitors must sign up through the links provided.
- All those additional visitors will also need to come and see us on the day at the rego desk/info point to pick up a unique tag, ie. Visitor/Spectator Pass.
- Remember, there won’t be a cost involved to you, but we need to make sure that we have all the contact details of everyone attending the event, even if you are not racing.
Important: There is also a limit on those spaces so please make sure you have registered before the event.
Rider briefing, registration and podium ceremony
Rider briefing will be done exclusively online and it is up to the rider to either read through it or watch the video. There will be a quiz to make sure you have gone through it…. just kidding….. or are we??
- RACE WAIVER: We have added a few paragraphs in our waiver outlining the dangers of Covid-19 and the fact that you resume all responsibility in regards to possibly getting sick when at the event. Please have a read through it. By entering and attending the event you agree to this Rocky Trail waiver.
- PICK UP YOUR PLATE or SPECTATOR PASS: With this format we don’t expect any queues at registration, but in case there are others lining up, please keep a distance of at least 1 bike length between each other. The giveaway and bazaar set up will be slightly amended – we appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Watch out for details in the rider briefing and instructions by staff on the day.
- PRESENTATIONS: The podium presentation will also be done virtually after the race. The top 3 podium getters will receive a memento in the mail as a reward. This is why we ask you to enter your mail address details when you sign up.
Hand wash stations and water
We will have hand sanitisers on site, but will not provide shared water canisters. Please bring your own drinking water. All other event services will be communicated in the event-specific online rider briefings ahead of the race.
If you feel sick – please don’t come
If you feel the sniffles or something else coming on please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will be as f
If you feel the sniffles or flu-like symptoms coming on, please don’t come to the race. Even if you find out in the morning let us know and we will be as forthcoming as possible with transferring your entry over to the next round. We reserve the right to deny entry if you have a fever or show flu-like symptoms.
Download our Covid Safe Rules guidesheet
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND UNDERSTANDING.