Presenting: The Omeo Pump Track Shootout.
The Rocky Trail team developed a revolutionary new chip-based pump track live timing set-up and it is launching into VIC in Omeo at their brand spanking new, world class pump and skills track!
We’ve got some of the biggest names on the national and international gravity circuit in Omeo!
Rub shoulders with and race against National gravity and BMX Champions like Jayce Cunning and Ryan Gilchrist a big line-up of local guns will put on a show for sure.
Two skills sessions with Jayce Cunning and Ryan Gilchrist will kick off the day – scroll down for the day’s schedule!
Meet the Pro’s. Race the Pro’s. Watch the Action.
Meet the Pro’s.
Meet National Gravity and BMX Champions up close and get your skills up with BMX gun Jayce Cunning.
Race the Pro’s.
Time trials plus head-to-head racing. $20 entry. Get multiple attempts to set your fastest time for a chance in the Pump Track Shootout Final!
Watch the action.
An awesome day out for everyone: free spectator entry! Be among the action all day & for the Final under lights.
Pump track skills sessions from 10am. Get your skills up with Jayce Cunning. Two 2-hour with 16 spots each. $40 per rider.
Omeo Pump and Skills Track – Omeo VIC
Ride through the endless loops of rollers, jumps and berms on the pump track or practise your jumps and downhill expertise on the skills track. The track is located walking distance from the main street of town at Livingstone Park, so it’s easy to grab a coffee or a bite to eat and keep riding.
Shootout Rules and Format
There will be 4 heats to determine the outright Male and Female winners. Race participants across a wide range of age groups can clock in multiple race times and the fastest group of racers in male and female classifications will progress through the final Shootout Heat. Each event will stipulate the size of the heats, so check out the race rules below – we are able to customise each race perfectly to the type of pump track we’re racing on!
And here’e the kicker – you will also race for rankings across age categories based on your fastest time throughout the day in additional male and female adult and junior age classifications!
So keep pumping, keep pedalling and keep clocking those times in to get to the SHOOTOUT final heat. Click below for detailed rules drop down.
Detailed Shootout Rules – CLICK HERE
- No pedalling. Rollers and turns are used to generate speed by pumping the bike, not by pedalling.
- Bikes must have at least 1 working brake.
- Wheelsize – after some discussions we decided not to restrict wheelsize for this event. The finals might be split into groups based on type of bike/wheelsize. The race director will decide that on the day.
- Helmets must always be worn whilst using the pump track. Rocky Trail recommends the use of additional protective equipment including but not limited to knee and elbow pads and full fingered gloves.
- A single timing point will be clearly marked. The rider gets up to speed, time starts running as soon as the rider crosses the start / finish timing unit, time stops when the rider crosses the unit again.
- Course will be marked. Riders must stay on the course. If riders shortcut the track, the rider’s run will not count and riders will be warned. A rider who regularly short cuts may be relegated to last place in the heat or final.
- Racers must have a race plate fitted to their handlebars of their bike as instructed.
All registered riders are welcome to have as multiple runs to set their fastest times. Results will be posted live online.
- The fastest 64* riders will be welcome to set a time in Heat 2.
Riders may have multiple runs to set their fastest time.
- The fastest 32* riders will be welcome to set a time in Heat 3.
Riders may have multiple runs to set their fastest time.
- Fastest 16* riders will progress to the Final.
- * rider numbers may be adjusted before racestart depending on total registered riders
- Finals will either be time trial or head-to-head at the discretion of the Race Director and depending on the track.
- Time Trial Format
For the finals riders will only have 2 attempts to set the fast time.
Start order will be slowest qualifier to fastest qualifier
- Head-to-Head Format
Riders will be seeded as per the elimination tree (i.e. 1st v 16th, …… 2nd v 15th)
The 2 riders must start together at the whistle… Jumping the start will result in relegation
The finish will be judged by a panel. Ties will be awarded to the fastest qualifier.
- Time Trial Format
- There will be 2 main categories for racing “Men” and “Women”. They will race at the same time in an open session in each Heat but separately for the Final. Dedicated sessions may be scheduled during the Heats depending on the number of entries.
- There will also be “Age Categories” offered and they will be determined at the end of racing with riders ranked in their category based on their fastest time clocked throughout the day.
$20 per rider for the Omeo Pump Track race
$40 per rider for the Skills Sessions (2x 16 spots available)
from 10am Rocky Trail Shootout registration open
10am – 12pm Skills Session 1
12.30pm – 2.30pm Skills Session 2
3.30pm Heats and Finals which will be under lights
8pm Event finished and Race Village closes
- Toilet facilities
- First Aid services
Food & Refreshments
Prizes pool for the top 16 Male and Female finalists: $3,500
Destination & Plan your Trip
This project received grant funding from the Australian Government
“I am really looking forward to the Omeo PumpTrack Shootout, such a great opportunity to meet so many people from around Australia and experience Omeo. I have never been, and I am excited to go somewhere new!
“Pump tracks are great in so many ways, being able to hang out with friends, try new things, push yourself racing or just have fun riding your bike. They can be built anywhere and I think that’s pretty awesome!”
“The team ran an awesome event over the weekend. I’ve been racing for 9 years and their organisation and positive energy matches that of national and international events. I’ll definitely be back with my team.”
Fantastic, well run events with character!
Central Gippsland and Latrobe City is the perfect place for a getaway with cool, temperate rainforests, amazing walking and cycling tracks, 90 miles of unspoiled beaches, an abundance of lakes and rivers, spectacular views and a myriad of heritage to sink yourself into. Covering an expanse that reaches from the rugged high country right down
It’s Rocky Trail race weekend and awesome to have you at the startline with us at the Sunshine Coast Shootout! We are excited to bring the Rocky Trail Pump Track Shootout party to town! We have all the important last minute updates for you: Rider list & LIVE Results: CLICK HERE Venue: Sugar Bag MTB Park, ColoundraGoogle
With Rocky Trail Entertainment one of Australia’s major private mountain bike events promoter and trail advocate group will return to the sweet Sugar Bag trails with a full weekend of mountain bike racing. The three-day event will feature four competitions supported by the Sunshine Council and endorsed by the local CORCA MTB Club. The line-up
Downhill and Enduro athlete based out of Canberra, Australia. Sian is the current Downhill Australian National Champion and Oceania Champion with over five years of personal training experience, Sian A’Hern is one of Australia’s only dedicated Mountain Bike trainers. Sian is dedicated to getting her clients fitter, faster and enjoying their ride more than ever before.
Accreditation and current achievements:
- Aus Cycling accredited skills instructor
- Cert 3 and 4 in fitness
- Strength and Conditioning level 1
- 2x National champion 2020, 2021
- 2x Oceania champion 2019, 2020
- 3x queen of cannonball 2017, 2018,2019
- Elite 9th at World Championships 2017, 2019
- Junior Downhill World Cup overall winner 2016
21 year old Elite BMX racer from the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia. Growing up racing motocross Jayce moved into BMX and since the age of 7 I have been racing BMX competitively and went on to travel the world. Currently Jayce is currently making a name for himself in the US after recently getting 2nd at the USA BMX Grand Nationals for the A pro class.
- 7x National Championship Finalist
- 1x World Championship Finalist
- 2015 BMX QLD R.I.D.E Award Winner
- 2015 World Champions Junior Elite Time Trial – 9th
- 2016 Elite National Championships – 6th
- 2017 Las Vegas USA BMX National Pro Men – 3rd
- 2018 USA BMX Grand Nationals A pro – 2nd
Do you have any questions?
Talk to us via our online chat – click on the orange circle symbol on your bottom right screen corner and we’ll be right with you! (We always love talking bikes, racing and riding!)